This seems like an easy fix... | Syracusefan.com

This seems like an easy fix...

Nick44

All Conference
We’ve talked about the late arriving crowd at great length. On Friday, it seemed though that people wanted to get in but were delayed due to the security checkpoint, circulating door, ticket scan followed by turnstile.

Why not open up the center doors between the circulating doors to help speed up entrance?

Isn’t the point of the turnstile to keep head count? Is this still necessary in 2017 if tickets are scanned and can keep count?

If a ticket is not scanning, can a separate greeter be available to resolve with that guest instead of the individual in charge of scanning?

For games of that magnitude, or the 1-2 biggest games of the season, a small giveaway like a hat, towel, hotdog ticket even (whatever, it doesn’t matter) for the first 10-15k might help get people to arrive sooner as well.

I think it matters more than we think (especially to Dino) the size of the crowd at the time the team takes the field. This just seems like a problem that could be fixed for relatively nothing and could improve the fan experience.

Have you ever tried to walk INTO a 50 mph wind when the door are open?
Fair point, I guess I always thought the pressure was 10x worse after a game than before.

Then perhaps consider scanning tickets before people walk through the circulating door and completely remove the turnstile if it’s sole purpose is for head count. That way people arent walking into a sardine can between the door and turnstile.

I walked up to the gate at 6:25. 4 of us were through the line and in the John by 6:35. Not much of an assache.

Speaking of getting people in early.,,, I don't know if anyone noticed, but about 45 minutes prior to the game there were people throwing T-Shirts into the SU student section. Each T-Shirt contained something from restaurant gift cards to a flat screen TV. I think this might become a regular thing at home games to get the students into the stands a little earlier, and I thought it was a great idea.

Speaking of getting people in early.,,, I don't know if anyone noticed, but about 45 minutes prior to the game there were people throwing T-Shirts into the SU student section. Each T-Shirt contained something from restaurant gift cards to a flat screen TV. I think this might become a regular thing at home games to get the students into the stands a little earlier, and I thought it was a great idea.
How did they get the flat screen tv in the shirt?

How did they get the flat screen tv in the shirt?
giphy.gif

Great question lol. I think it was a ticket to claim the TV somewhere on campus.

Personally I think the wanding moves along pretty smooth outside. The delay in everything at the Dome IMHO stems from concessions that are operated by the slowest people on earth.

I've had basketball and football tickets for 15 years. Every crowd arrives late. People love to procrastinate.

We’ve talked about the late arriving crowd at great length. On Friday, it seemed though that people wanted to get in but were delayed due to the security checkpoint, circulating door, ticket scan followed by turnstile.

Why not open up the center doors between the circulating doors to help speed up entrance?

Isn’t the point of the turnstile to keep head count? Is this still necessary in 2017 if tickets are scanned and can keep count?

If a ticket is not scanning, can a separate greeter be available to resolve with that guest instead of the individual in charge of scanning?

For games of that magnitude, or the 1-2 biggest games of the season, a small giveaway like a hat, towel, hotdog ticket even (whatever, it doesn’t matter) for the first 10-15k might help get people to arrive sooner as well.

I think it matters more than we think (especially to Dino) the size of the crowd at the time the team takes the field. This just seems like a problem that could be fixed for relatively nothing and could improve the fan experience.

Walked right in, it took a second at 7:45.

Because the roof would collapse lol

Walked right in, it took a second at 7:45.
But the game started at 7. If you arrived at 6:30-6:45, you would’ve had a much longer wait.

I just think this process could be improved and made more efficient for relatively little expense.

we walked in and there was no security at all.. we paused for a second and the guard came running over after being distracted watching stuff a few gates away..

But the game started at 7. If you arrived at 6:30-6:45, you would’ve had a much longer wait.

I just think this process could be improved and made more efficient for relatively little expense.

Hahaha - I meant 6:45!

Personally I think the wanding moves along pretty smooth outside. The delay in everything at the Dome IMHO stems from concessions that are operated by the slowest people on earth.

Nothing like having to reach over and point out where the Bells button is on the register after waiting for the guy to find it. They need to train the concession staff a little better.

This times a million, good lord it was bad last Friday. The beer stand I usually go to had a line nearly back to the Dome seats and the three ladies taking orders were all moving like meal time at St. Camillus. It was unbearable. Absolutely zero sense of urgency or awareness. The one lady/cashier starts having a conversation with two women in front of me like were at a wine tour instead of processing the order and getting a beer, a riot nearly broke out. They have got to speed these people up somehow, get some younger people in or have a supervisor assist or something.

i thought much of the food staff was just one timers working to raise money for certain groups?

For a majority of the food stands that correct but for the beer and a few others its actual Dome employees. The same group of people are always at the Beer stand I got to every game and are definitely not volunteers. That being said they are ridiculously slow so I am not sure if it matters if they are volunteers or not.

The one lady/cashier starts having a conversation with two women in front of me like were at a wine tour instead of processing the order and getting a beer.

This really grinds my gears. Like when I'm trying to pay and leave at the supermarket and the cashier gets into a conversation with a colleague instead of processing my order. You can have the conversation, but it doesn't mean you have to stop working.