This seems like an easy fix... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This seems like an easy fix...

This really grinds my gears. Like when I'm trying to pay and leave at the supermarket and the cashier gets into a conversation with a colleague instead of processing my order. You can have the conversation, but it doesn't mean you have to stop working.

Couldn't agree more, if it was Central Connecticut and theres 4 people across three lines early in the second quarter I have no issue with the person taking longer/having a conversation etc.

However, when its halftime of SU Clemson and theres 40K+ and the line is longer then the amount of Beers DCCUSE had at the tailgate, its not the time for a 2 minute chat/catch up session or time to look at the new ring your friend has. Then when she finally process the order she starts aimlessly walking around for the beers/wine like were at blue tusk and she just got hired. It wouldn't have been so bad if they weren't dreadfully slow just fulfilling a regular order as well but its torture how long they take. I wanted to jump the counter and serve myself.

Last edited:
I've always been of the opinion that the two most overlooked benefits of the GRob era were the short lines for beer and the short lines for the men's room.

Easy stuff. How about getting in the doors a half hour before kickoff, going to the john, getting your beer and arriving in your seat 15 minutes before kickoff? Then you can see the band, sing the alma mater and national anthem, plus be there to cheer when the team comes on the field. No need to be a time management expert then. :)

For a majority of the food stands that correct but for the beer and a few others its actual Dome employees. The same group of people are always at the Beer stand I got to every game and are definitely not volunteers. That being said they are ridiculously slow so I am not sure if it matters if they are volunteers or not.

You know, if you go to the Bud Heavy stand those kids sling the beers pretty fast. Must just be a problem in your fancy-pants beer lines.

What a great problem to have. I'd much rather hear the complaining about lines being too long because there are so many people at the Dome rather than the complaining about no one being in the seats.

Easy stuff. How about getting in the doors a half hour before kickoff, going to the john, getting your beer and arriving in your seat 15 minutes before kickoff? Then you can see the band, sing the alma mater and national anthem, plus be there to cheer when the team comes on the field. No need to be a time management expert then. :)

I've never had to much of a problem getting into the Dome regardless of the time. The wand guys move it along pretty fast and the gates usually have 3 different entrances to try and spread it out a bit. The only holdup is the scanning itself and when they get backed up inevitably someone not paying attention will try and fly through the revolving doors and smash into someone standing just on the other side. Still I think they do a pretty good job and I don't get there till a few minutes before kickoff for just about every game.

You know, if you go to the Bud Heavy stand those kids sling the beers pretty fast. Must just be a problem in your fancy-pants beer lines.

LOL, give the dome credit some nice options again this year. Stone and Southern Tier IPA's now available, can't beat it (Save for the fact there $9 bucks). Seems that Saranac has taken a hit though, no Pumkin and much reduced stock from last year when they had 5-6 beers.

This times a million, good lord it was bad last Friday. The beer stand I usually go to had a line nearly back to the Dome seats and the three ladies taking orders were all moving like meal time at St. Camillus. It was unbearable. Absolutely zero sense of urgency or awareness. The one lady/cashier starts having a conversation with two women in front of me like were at a wine tour instead of processing the order and getting a beer, a riot nearly broke out. They have got to speed these people up somehow, get some younger people in or have a supervisor assist or something.

AHEM! PAGING DOME RENO...

LOL, give the dome credit some nice options again this year. Stone and Southern Tier IPA's now available, can't beat it (Save for the fact there $9 bucks). Seems that Saranac has taken a hit though, no Pumkin and much reduced stock from last year when they had 5-6 beers.

That's good. Back in my day, you had Bud, Bud Light and maybe Labatt Blue.

Dome tip- don't go to the draft beer lines. Go to the guys selling tall cans of Blue and Bud Light out of the plastic tubs. It takes 30 seconds tops while the goobers are waiting 10+ minutes for a Dome foam. Price per ounce of beer is the same or a tiny bit more expensive but not having to wait in line is priceless.

That's good. Back in my day, you had Bud, Bud Light and maybe Labatt Blue.

Dog Fish head is out there as well and the old Sam Adams as well. Might have even added a Sam Adams seasonal but I am not sure.

Dog Fish head is out there as well and the old Sam Adams as well. Might have even added a Sam Adams seasonal but I am not sure.

Bell's Two-Hearted, too, drank a ton of that last year but am laying off this season as I try to get home in a clear-headed state. Also had buddies find New Belgium and Magic Hat on Friday night. Solid selection they've come up with.

Bell's Two-Hearted, too, drank a ton of that last year but am laying off this season as I try to get home in a clear-headed state. Also had buddies find New Belgium and Magic Hat on Friday night. Solid selection they've come up with.

I think some of that stuff is up on the second level ie the Magic Hat and Bells. I love a Bells during bball season but don't recall seeing them on the 1st level for football. That said I don't stray to far way from my section so I could be wrong.

Either way SU has done a nice job increasing the alcohol options in the dome, kudos to them for that.

Dome tip- don't go to the draft beer lines. Go to the guys selling tall cans of Blue and Bud Light out of the plastic tubs. It takes 30 seconds tops while the goobers are waiting 10+ minutes for a Dome foam. Price per ounce of beer is the same or a tiny bit more expensive but not having to wait in line is priceless.
NOt Friday the line for those folks was insane at least in my section. Would have missed a quarter of the game and with the new railings they won't be walking down the aisles much I assume.

Couldn't agree more, if it was Central Connecticut and theres 4 people across three lines early in the second quarter I have no issue with the person taking longer/having a conversation etc.

However, when its halftime of SU Clemson and theres 40K+ and the line is longer then the amount of Beers DCCUSE had at the tailgate, its not the time for a 2 minute chat/catch up session or time to look at the new ring your friend has. Then when she finally process the order she starts aimlessly walking around for the beers/wine like were at blue tusk and she just got hired. It wouldn't have been so bad if they weren't dreadfully slow just fulfilling a regular order as well but its torture how long they take. I wanted to jump the counter and serve myself.
It also doesn't help when the customer A) hasn't made up their mind until they get to the tap and B) doesn't have any money ready. All elements need to work together at crush customer times.

Do what I do for family gatherings. Lie about the start time.

Speaking of getting people in early.,,, I don't know if anyone noticed, but about 45 minutes prior to the game there were people throwing T-Shirts into the SU student section. Each T-Shirt contained something from restaurant gift cards to a flat screen TV. I think this might become a regular thing at home games to get the students into the stands a little earlier, and I thought it was a great idea.

My kid won a TV...giddyup