This special proves one point | Syracusefan.com

This special proves one point

Marsh01

Living Legend
To couple the special that was on tonight. Being in the ACC means we are at the big boy table. You think we would have been a 3 seed if we were in the Big East or AAC? Look at how the AAC got screwed this year.

To couple the special that was on tonight. Being in the ACC means we are at the big boy table. You think we would have been a 3 seed if we were in the Big East or AAC? Look at how the AAC got screwed this year.

I disagree... by the very fact that the Syracuse Orangemen would have been playing in the AAC would have made it one of the big boys and we still would have gotten the 3 seed. In basketball we make the big boys.

Yep. Politics still plays such a huge role in this process.

The committee said one thing to the AAC today:

F you

For whatever reason.

You could argue that UConn and Cincy were both underseeded, obviously Ville was as well. They also stuck the whole conference in 1 bracket with the exception of Louisville and they left SMU out (which isn't 100% shocking though).

F you

For whatever reason.

You could argue that UConn and Cincy were both underseeded, obviously Ville was as well. They also stuck the whole conference in 1 bracket with the exception of Louisville and they left SMU out (which isn't 100% shocking though).

I thought it was fair though, the bottom of that conference was abysmal. I thought for sure smu was going to get in, but their ooc strength of schedule was in the 300's. Lville had 16 wins against teams whos rpi was below 150, a four seed was in line for them. I thought cincy was a 4 going in, so a 5 isn't out of line, and I thought uconn was a 6, so no problem giving them a 7.

OrangeFoo said:
I disagree... by the very fact that the Syracuse Orangemen would have been playing in the AAC would have made it one of the big boys and we still would have gotten the 3 seed. In basketball we make the big boys.

Eh. You make up a conference one day it's not going to get respect immediately. Especially if the best team is only there temporarily.

Also, we'd never lower ourselves to AAC. We are big boy, conferences find us.

jdubs30 said:

F you

For whatever reason.

Well, the ACC did have 2 committee members and the AAC and BE had zero or of 10 total

uhhh... If the big east was still together, it would have been a great conference this year.

And we would have been even more respected because we wouldnt have lost to ga tech or bc

but it wouldnt have been the aac if we were in it.

Yep. Politics still plays such a huge role in this process.

Follow up on the politics question. Did the committee chair (Wake Forest AD) pulling stings to get NC St. represent the quid or the pro quo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom