This staff is all business | Syracusefan.com

This staff is all business

kcsu

Living Legend
Much different than hcss and crew. Babers ask for the order, none of the thanks for coming go home and call us back approach. Also when they move on it is over and quick. They go dark. Not saying i like this but if they move on it is radio silence. This guy has a plan and is executing it. There is no doubt who is in control.No lets get the band back together stuff. Very organized structured road map. So far this guy looks like he has the chops to really improve our team.

No lets get the band back together stuff. Very organized structured road map. So far this guy looks like he has the chops to really improve our team.
He brought an entire band with him. Not really that different in that regard, and that's pretty typical of football at higher levels. The difference seems to be that this is a bigger better band. All these guys already know how to play their instruments. I agree they seem to be quicker to the cut, maybe that's why they offer so many; they need to.

his sell on offense is easy, the trick will be can they build a D

I would imagine the defensive sell is not hard when you are putting up points. Kids want to compete to be the best. If your offense is putting up points I would imagine the sell is "Look you have seen what we can do on offense, we need guys like you to shore up the defense and get us to that next level. With you we can compete with FSU and Clemson for division championship and ultimately a shot at the playoffs. If you ha an opportunity to make a difference by getting a football team back to a winning culture and get a chance to compete for ACC title and Championship title would you step into that role?" My guess is the yeses would come.

Because the D will get more series in each and every game, players have the opportunity to get more counting stats:

Sacks, TFL's, INTs, tackles, etc.

Yes, the overall D will likely give up more points and yards - but the players themselves will all get more game reps than they might otherwise.

Or, just ask them if they'd like to be the next Freeney, Shamarko, or Jones? :cool:

I am probably wrong, but I get the impression that we are getting much better skill players. They seem taller and faster. Clearly Babers offense is doing exactly what we all had hoped it would.
We seem to have a plethora or QBs who can throw and WRs that can run, jump and catch.

For what seems forever, these type of players didn't so much as give us a serious look. Imagine what a new done will do!
LGO!

The couple of questions I wished I had asked at the golf outing, would have been along these lines as well , about expecting answers and moving on and how has his recruiting style changed as a P5 coach vs a Mac coach in, can he get in the doors better, etc.

Just saw an article on 247 from last week about how great of a job he is doing already and that it looks like a quick turnaround is coming. Felt nice to see such a positive piece.

Because the D will get more series in each and every game, players have the opportunity to get more counting stats: Sacks, TFL's, INTs, tackles, etc.
Not only stats, but highlights since the defense will often have a strategic advantage:
Early in the game, opponents will often try to run and control clock. We know this, will plan accordingly, and you'll get to show your run stopping abilities. Once our offense gets the lead, the opponents will be forced to pass. You can let loose and get the big sacks or interceptions that make it onto Sportscenter and Draft Day packages.

I went to a coaching clinic that had Chip Kelly as the featured speaker. Someone asked how much more difficult was it to recruit defensive players than offensive players? He said it was easier because they knew if they were good, they would see the field. TOP would be like 20 to 40 for the other team. He said he never recruited a player that wanted to sit the bench.

Much different than hcss and crew. Babers ask for the order, none of the thanks for coming go home and call us back approach. Also when they move on it is over and quick. They go dark. Not saying i like this but if they move on it is radio silence. This guy has a plan and is executing it. There is no doubt who is in control.No lets get the band back together stuff. Very organized structured road map. So far this guy looks like he has the chops to really improve our team.
I liked Shafer in the beginning but he turned out to be all hard nose talk and coproduction as a result. Glad to see him goBabers at least has a plan in mind which is a distinct difference that SS.As George Young said to me "football is nothing if not al about speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom