this team seems similar to the '12-13 squad | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

this team seems similar to the '12-13 squad

Not as good defending the ball, trapping, points off turnovers or closing in on shots. Only just closing a possessions I've not seen one better in years.

Anyone know where to find specific stats from years past? I'm wondering what that 12-13 team averaged for steals/game - this year right now we're averaging just over 9

cool, thanks.

obviously can't really tell about this year's stats until well into conf play - but so far we're right on par w that team with steals (slightly ahead so far this year) and blocks (slightly behind this year - tho in 12/13 we lead the nation in blocks)...
if this team comes close to that in the key defensive metrics - and it's looking like that could be the case - we should be pretty a pretty tough out

IMHO the bigs are a push. I think Marek is just as effective is not as flashy athletically as Grant was that year. Battle is the best guard but I think Triche and MCW were well clear of FH. Moyer is not in Southerland's zip code at this point. I think the ACC is much tougher than end game BE so this year's team will have a tougher climb.

If you look at KenPom ratings the 2013 team had an adjusted efficiency better than Duke so far this year. That team was really good and won 30 games. It would be the 5th rated KenPom team this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom