This team wins the National Championship | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This team wins the National Championship

Nothing personal towards you, but instead of posting this OP which doesn't contain any substance whatsoever, why not share something interesting like where you think we need to improve to turn this thing around or what type of record from here on out would get us in. Saying "this team wins the national championship" is boring.

Penetrate opposing defenses and create open space for Lydon.

Get Roberson's head back in this season.

Stick with Frank, for the zone's sake.

Get Battle more playing time at the 2. Could help the dynamics of our offense, and he's surely better atop the zone than white.

Stop passing to White on an island to make him force bad shots.

Better stretch defense to the perimeter by our forwards to limit wide open 3 opportunities.

Did I mention get Roberson back?

This teams not going to put up 85 points a game but we have the length to potentially have a very stout zone if they can 'click' in time.

We beat G Town and Uconn if Roberson played even marginally OK. I think he's the key to this team clicking on offense. Just a shame that he seems to be in his own head and I doubt JB is helping much. We need to win the boards and bang downlow.

This teams tournament bound if it has Lydon/Thompson/Roberson/Coleman all as legitimate downlow threats. Unfortunately, in my opinion, they're working to about 60% efficiency of that right now, and it's not even close to cutting it.

This team's not nearly as hopeless as 90% of posters on this forum make them out to be. As annoying as some of you may find some of my posts, I find all the bs about the CBI and how this teams the worst in 20+ years far more annoying. This teams playing bad basketball right now. But guess what? We have 4 of our 7-8 go to players completely new to our system. It's going to take time for these guys to click as a unit. I think we have the athleticism and talent but JB's teams and dynamic are very systematic. We are going to look awful until they can effectively run the zone, which in itself creates transition and helps the offense when ran efficiently. It takes time. Seasons aren't lost for us in December.

I thought of that but as unlikely as that was, this team winning the NC would beat it by 10x.
Even on Election Day Trump had a 33% to win. He was a big underdog but one out of his three times he wins.
11-8-16 was one of those 3 times. This team doesn't have anywhere close to those odds. I just want to make the tournament and I will be happy.

How about the Cleveland Cavaliers last year? They were really struggling mid-season, with new things going on, no?

How about the Cleveland Cavaliers last year. They were really struggling mid-season, with new things going on, no?
Cavs fired their coach when they were in first place in the East. Lebron was the GM and wanted the change.
Cleveland was always making the Finals last year the problem was nobody thought they could beat either San Antonio or Golden State.
Syracuse now is nothing like that. We are in bigtime trouble to even make the NCAA tournament never mind winning the NC.

Even on Election Day Trump had a 33% to win. He was a big underdog but one out of his three times he wins.
11-8-16 was one of those 3 times. This team doesn't have anywhere close to those odds. I just want to make the tournament and I will be happy.
Right now isn't "election day" for Cuse.

This would be like if you said Trump's winning the presidency during the GOP primaries.

This would be like if you said Trump's winning the presidency during the GOP primaries.
Trump finished 2nd in Iowa and then won the next 9 primaries.

"It's better to be an optimist and occasionally wrong than a pessimist and always right."

:)

It's October of the Election and SU is kicking ace and taking names.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom