This team wins the National Championship | Syracusefan.com

This team wins the National Championship

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
I have literally nothing to back this up, but I've seen weirder things happen. I don't think these players are as "average" as most board posters would assert. I HOPE that JB, being a hall of fame coach, will bring his team together and have them 'click' around the start of January. It will be TOUGH to make the tournament at this point, but not impossible.

In Uncle Rico I trust.

Problem is, it's not irrationally sad, it's sad. We're not a good team right now. Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

Yeah, I find fake enthusiasm that's not rooted in any speck of reality to be annoying.

I have literally nothing to back this up, but I've seen weirder things happen. I don't think these players are as "average" as most board posters would assert. I HOPE that JB, being a hall of fame coach, will bring his team together and have them 'click' around the start of January. It will be TOUGH to make the tournament at this point, but not impossible.

In Uncle Rico I trust.
I just want to know what weirder things have happened than this team winning the NC? By the way, I really don't believe we are this bad.

In Uncle Rico I trust.

Some may ridicule, but what's a fan board for, other than irrational and unfounded hope?

Don't give up. Don't ever give up.

Think whatever you want but this isn't even funny. This is jump the shark level trolling.

Just root for the team but these type of posts are nothing more than look at mes. I just hope we make the NCAAT.
This is far from the worst example of trolling or "look at me" posting that I've seen during the slide. I think the OP is mostly serious.

This is far from the worst example of trolling or "look at me" posting that I've seen during the slide. I think the OP is mostly serious.
No he isn't. He posts like Ron Burgundy who is over the top to be funny on purpose. I get loving Syracuse.but the post isn't funny and is completely look at me.
We aren't winning the NC this year. If he is serious then the OP isn't watching college basketball.

No he isn't. He posts like Ron Burgundy who is over the top to be funny on purpose. I get loving Syracuse.but the post isn't funny and is completely look at me.
We aren't winning the NC this year. If he is serious then the OP isn't watching college basketball.
Fair enough. Just took a look at some of his recent posts and his takes are all over map.

Problem is, it's not irrationally sad, it's sad. We're not a good team right now. Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

Yeah, I find fake enthusiasm that's not rooted in any speck of reality to be annoying.

Think whatever you want but this isn't even funny. This is jump the shark level trolling.

Just root for the team but these type of posts are nothing more than look at mes. I just hope we make the NCAAT.

Fair enough. Just took a look at some of his recent posts and his takes are all over map.

Thing is, TB always posts stuff like this. No harm, no foul.

Put him on ignore, don't read his posts, etc. Really pretty simple. No reason to get your panties in a bunch when you control what you see and don't see.

Thing is, TB always posts stuff like this. No harm, no foul.

Put him on ignore, don't read his posts, etc. Really pretty simple. No reason to get your panties in a bunch when you control what you see and don't see.
I like TB but when your post says you have nothing to back it up then it really isn't the time and place. I am expressing my opinion which I don't think is better than anyone else's but I will express it if I feel strongly about something.

I thought the body of this post was going to say, "if we had malik monk." Think about it. We have howard and uk has monk.

I like TB but when your post says you have nothing to back it up then it really isn't the time and place. I am expressing my opinion which I don't think is better than anyone else's but I will express it if I feel strongly about something.
You can respond to whatever you want. I just don't get it, that's all. Who's to decide what the time and place is? :noidea:

I believe that Ron Burgundy predicted the last Connecticut winning of the national championship way early. So I would not call this trolling at all. Bilas still has hope too. I for one did have hope for Chukwu, so that is a loss, but of course his play has not been what people had hoped for either. We just need far more than one player having a good game.

Its interesting the Connecticut (or Louisville) formula with Napier and Boatwright. It seems like when you have a small quick guard, you need two quick guards. It seems like its a little like chess, where you need 2 knights or 2 bishops.

No one stuck a gun to your heads and told you to read this thread or my posts. You're all welcomed to complain though, free site. I replied, seriously, in several other threads then made my own to be a little more light hearted. If you don't like it, or find it 'annoying', you may find the door and leave. Don't know why you'd click on the thread in the first place.

Last edited:
rebellions are built on hope.
I love Star Wars and that was a good line from Rogue One.
If you have watched the top college basketball teams this year we aren't even in their league.
Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, North Carolina, Indiana, Villanova, are good this year. Last year college hoops had no elite teams.
This year is way better.

I love Star Wars and that was a good line from Rogue One.
If you have watched the top college basketball teams this year we aren't even in their league.
Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, North Carolina, Indiana, Villanova, are good this year. Last year college hoops had no elite teams.
This year is way better.
If somehow someway we make the tournament, it's a blessing that there's only a fraction of a chance that we'd even face one of those teams. Keep throwing us the Gonzaga's and Dayton's rather than the Nova's and Dukes.

You're right, we're a terrible team right now, but I've seen good coaches develop worse teams up to competitiveness. We all worship JB, lets see what he's got. He brought it last year.

I just want to know what weirder things have happened than this team winning the NC? By the way, I really don't believe we are this bad.
Trump beat Hillary

In Uncle Rico I trust.

Nothing personal towards you, but instead of posting this OP which doesn't contain any substance whatsoever, why not share something interesting like where you think we need to improve to turn this thing around or what type of record from here on out would get us in. Saying "this team wins the national championship" is boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom