This thread pretty much sums up Yukon basketball | Syracusefan.com

This thread pretty much sums up Yukon basketball

Realignment won't be done for a while, IMO. UConn may very well end up in the ACC when it's all said and done, even if it takes another 1-2 years. I have no idea, though.

There are some less than gracious SU fans who get some kind of kick out of UConn's dilemma, but to think that Rutgers lands on it's feet (TV) and UConn is passed over, something seems obviously wrong.

From a pure sports standpoint UConn has accomplished more in the past couple of decades than Rutgers has in its lifetime. A lot more. When measured against Rutgers, that should count for something.

I've gotten more excitement watching one SU/UConn basketball game than I have watching all the SU/Rutgers football and basketball games combined.

There are some less than gracious SU fans who get some kind of kick out of UConn's dilemma, but to think that Rutgers lands on it's feet (TV) and UConn is passed over, something seems obviously wrong.

From a pure sports standpoint UConn has accomplished more in the past couple of decades than Rutgers has in its lifetime. A lot more. When measured against Rutgers, that should count for something.

I've gotten more excitement watching one SU/UConn basketball game than I have watching all the SU/Rutgers football and basketball games combined.
Unfortunately, these days it's all about the Benjamins...the football Benjamin$$$.
And Rutgers gets the Big 10 into NYC market.
Whether we like it or not, they also have a bigger program than UConn (This weekend's Louisville game already sold out).

As far as UConn goes, their current hoops academic issues couldn't have helped their cause.

It will be bitter sweet to play Uconn this season sans Calhoun. Do I like Calhoun? Nota bit! But SU/Uconn JB/JC were always battles and games that I looked forward to n the schedule.

Unfortunately, these days it's all about the Benjamins...the football Benjamin$$$.
And Rutgers gets the Big 10 into NYC market.

One could easily argue that even though Cuse has a much more storied sports history than Yukon, if you consider the size of Syracuse's market, we could be in the same boat as the Huskies. I think every Syracuse fan should be thanking Dr. Daryl Gross and his "Orange in the Apple" and "New York's college team" campaigns. People want to complain about playing a home game in the Meadowlands, but those are the things that have elevated the Syracuse brand. Other people have talked about perception vs reality, but Syracuse has elevated it's name greatly since they were rejected the first time around.

I grew up in Connecticut and remember when Uconn couldn't even get in state talent to attend Uconn. Fortunately for me I was redeemed and ended up a Syracuse fanatic. As much as I've despised Uconn over the years I have to agree that taking RU over Uconn is something I'd rather not have seen. Some of the greatest BE games of the past several decades were SU vs. Uconn matchups.

As much as Calhoun comes across as a pompous arrogant condescending tough guy, he did carve out a program that has won 3 National Championships and was a component in what had made the Big East the best basketball conference in the land. Even as a fierce and sometimes hated rival, Uconn is forever inexorably linked with Syracuse within the context of the once great Big East. It's because of that kinship that although I'd like to revel in their misfortune, I feel sympathy to some extent.

Not only are they faced with the passing of the era in which Calhoun brought them to National prominence, they are witnessing the disintegration of the conference in which their legacy evolved.
It won't be long and we as Syracuse fans will be seeing the transition from the Boeheim era but at least we have secured ourselves inside of a conference which will certainly be among the best if not the best in the Nation.

However all this realignment business ends up, I don't doubt that I'll always look back on the halcyon days of the Big East as the most exciting college basketball of my lifetime. I'll remember taking the train down to the City from New Haven with my buddies and walking across the street to MSG for a full day of BE tourney basketball. WOW! I'm grateful for the continuity of our program and as a big time Orange fan... I feel for Uconn and their fans at the same time.

I really hope that UConn ends up in the ACC. I'd much rather play and beat them than not play them at all.

One could easily argue that even though Cuse has a much more storied sports history than Yukon, if you consider the size of Syracuse's market, we could be in the same boat as the Huskies. I think every Syracuse fan should be thanking Dr. Daryl Gross and his "Orange in the Apple" and "New York's college team" campaigns. People want to complain about playing a home game in the Meadowlands, but those are the things that have elevated the Syracuse brand. Other people have talked about perception vs reality, but Syracuse has elevated it's name greatly since they were rejected the first time around.
Really?? Should we thank him for having the ACC wants us years ago as well? how bout thanking him for the 59 championship as well?

I grew up in Connecticut and remember when Uconn couldn't even get in state talent to attend Uconn. Fortunately for me I was redeemed and ended up a Syracuse fanatic. As much as I've despised Uconn over the years I have to agree that taking RU over Uconn is something I'd rather not have seen. Some of the greatest BE games of the past several decades were SU vs. Uconn matchups.

As much as Calhoun comes across as a pompous arrogant condescending tough guy, he did carve out a program that has won 3 National Championships and was a component in what had made the Big East the best basketball conference in the land. Even as a fierce and sometimes hated rival, Uconn is forever inexorably linked with Syracuse within the context of the once great Big East. It's because of that kinship that although I'd like to revel in their misfortune, I feel sympathy to some extent.

Not only are they faced with the passing of the era in which Calhoun brought them to National prominence, they are witnessing the disintegration of the conference in which their legacy evolved.
It won't be long and we as Syracuse fans will be seeing the transition from the Boeheim era but at least we have secured ourselves inside of a conference which will certainly be among the best if not the best in the Nation.

However all this realignment business ends up, I don't doubt that I'll always look back on the halcyon days of the Big East as the most exciting college basketball of my lifetime. I'll remember taking the train down to the City from New Haven with my buddies and walking across the street to MSG for a full day of BE tourney basketball. WOW! I'm grateful for the continuity of our program and as a big time Orange fan... I feel for Uconn and their fans at the same time.

The next time you feel bad for UConn or their fans, just head on over to the Boneyard for a bit. Listen how they trash your school and act like they are the far superior program. That should allow you to wipe all of your feelings of pity away. They would not be feeling the same sense of remorse you are affording them if our roles were reversed.

The next time you feel bad for UConn or their fans, just head on over to the Boneyard for a bit. Listen how they trash your school and act like they are the far superior program. That should allow you to wipe all of your feelings of pity away. They would not be feeling the same sense of remorse you are affording them if our roles were reversed.
Just because they behave poorly doesn't mean that we can't take the high road. We've got plenty of haters in our fanbase too. Without formidable adversaries programs are in some sense diminished. Although I don't condone their hating and their being dismissivie of our program, many of the Uconn fan base puts their pants on the same way we do around here.

I think you have such a high post count because at least a third of all your posts are either "F them", "", or "F Storrs".

:D

I just want to make sure I get my point across. You know...repetition.

Have to admit I thought the first round was pretty funny with us, pitt and WVU leaving. Rutgers, Louisville and uconn with the other basketball schools could have been a decent tv draw and the clear 5th conference. Now I legitimately feel horrible for them. They've been a great rival for us and I actually hope and believe they land on their feet even though the death of their football program is good for us.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

There's a thread on the uconn board basically complaining that their leadership didn't do any of these things.

I'm not going to call Gross a visionary, but he and Cantor proved to be incredibly competent and demonstrated that they fully understood from day one what needed to be done to protect SU's athletic future.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I felt bad...till I read this

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/syracuse-coach-marrone-thoughts-on-big-east.23041/

This is a funny one.

http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/syracuse-orange.21569/

Shame the SU recruiting thread from their board was deleted.

Syracuse used to have legit rivalrys with Bonaventure, Niagra, Colgate among others. We will form new rivalrys, and Uconn will go the way of Depaul and CCNY.
They had a good 15 year run. The fans are actually writing a book on UCONN tradition over that time period. it's entitled " A Fart IN The Wind" the story of UConn Football and Basketball.

They had a good 15 year run. The fans are actually writing a book on UCONN tradition over that time period. it's entitled " A Fart IN The Wind" the story of UConn Football and Basketball.

I wonder if UCONN fans will be using our NC's as proof we are a traditional power 51 years from now.

Lol...nice thread.

I swear the entire uconn douchebag fanbase was post 1982-85. I mean wow talk about an inferiority complex. When i take a leak and look into the toilet that is what i think of uconn and that university.

F them.

I think you have such a high post count because at least a third of all your posts are either "F them", "", or "F Storrs".

:D

Personally, I usually reserve my "F them" posts on this board to Georgetown and its coaches and players. I guess I am just more mature than Marsh.

Personally, I usually reserve my "F them" posts on this board to Georgetown and its coaches and players. I guess I am just more mature than Marsh.
Clearly.