This victory over Georgetown will be a nice quad 4 win for us | Syracusefan.com

This victory over Georgetown will be a nice quad 4 win for us

It's 12:54 PM CST, and Georgetown still sucks.

May they rot in hell.
Gtown still sucks. But Re: Q4 win, They almost (and should have) beat a good team in TCU. Massoud only just started playing. It’s gonna take him time to get acclimated. They’re not world beaters but I wouldn’t write them off. KenPom and the Net are still not great snapshots this early in the season.

Gtown still sucks. But Re: Q4 win, They almost (and should have) beat a good team in TCU. Massoud only just started playing. It’s gonna take him time to get acclimated. They’re not world beaters but I wouldn’t write them off. KenPom and the Net are still not great snapshots this early in the season.
They seemed better to me than previous years.

These are the games that They have lost in the Past. More importantly they CLOSED the game out and put them to bed. The intensity from Red almost gave me chills. The constant response from the guys was amazing. They will build off this and clearly their best game plan and execution yet

That Copeland dunk was like
These are the games that They have lost in the Past. More importantly they CLOSED the game out and put them to bed. The intensity from Red almost gave me chills. The constant response from the guys was amazing. They will build off this and clearly their best game plan and execution yet
an explosion of energy that felt like the closing of a dark chapter.

Let's not lay an egg the next three and finish 2023 at 10-3

They have a good coach now and some decent talent. They might actually have a good second half of the season.
It probably won’t because they have a steep climb but as they get into conference play wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes a Q3 / Q2. Even so, it’s always good to beat those stupid Hoyas.

This game and games like Cornell/Colgate are examples of why Red significantly improving the athleticism and ditching the zone are so important. Having better athletes than the other team covers up a LOT of mistakes in execution and sets a floor for how bad we will play. This matters against the cupcake portion of the schedule when we can’t afford to stub our toe. Last few years we have not had that athleticism advantage and the cupcakes have executed better than us leading to a lot of bad resume losses. This year our athleticism advantage has allowed us to win games where the other team has executed better than us and helping us avoid the really bad resume losses.

The next step is to execute and focus for 40 minutes on both ends of the court so they can compete with the UVAs of the world. And the next step after that is for the players to improve their overall games but that probably won’t happen this season.

But this season so far is already validating why it was time for a new approach.

This game and games like Cornell/Colgate are examples of why Red significantly improving the athleticism and ditching the zone are so important. Having better athletes than the other team covers up a LOT of mistakes in execution and sets a floor for how bad we will play. This matters against the cupcake portion of the schedule when we can’t afford to stub our toe. Last few years we have not had that athleticism advantage and the cupcakes have executed better than us leading to a lot of bad resume losses. This year our athleticism advantage has allowed us to win games where the other team has executed better than us and helping us avoid the really bad resume losses.

The next step is to execute and focus for 40 minutes on both ends of the court so they can compete with the UVAs of the world. And the next step after that is for the players to improve their overall games but that probably won’t happen this season.

But this season so far is already validating why it was time for a new approach.
Only 3 games over next 3 weeks. Lots of practice time.

This is mostly my view also. I do think we’ll see some real improvement from guys like Bell, Taylor and JJ by the end of the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom