This Was Inevitable. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This Was Inevitable.

Why inevitable...and who knows... maybe Boeheim finishes like Joe Pa did on the field.

2005Penn State11–17–1T–1stW Orange33
2006Penn State9–45–3T–4thW Outback2524
2007Penn State9–44–4T–5thW Alamo25
2008Penn State11–27–1T–1stL Rose88
2009Penn State11–26–2T–2ndW Capital One89
2010Penn State7–64–4T–4thL Outback
2011Penn State8–1[n 1]5–0 [n 1](Leaders)[n 1]1212
Wow, I forgot or didnt realize they were 8-1 when that scandal forced him out in the middle of a game week in November.

For another comparison sake, here's Bob Knight at IUs final years. No bottoming out but 4 1st rd exits.

Sadly the majority of the fans who go to games are not the diehards like posters on this board. Additionally, when I say lose the fan base I also am referring to increasing frustration and displeasure from the diehards, as we are currently seeing in all of these threads. Everyone on this board will always be fans, but as noted numerous times, a feeling of apathy is developing.
There’s plenty of diehards that go to the games. I sit next to them. They will still go if we lose. That‘s why they are diehards.

For another comparison sake, here's Bob Knight at IUs final years. No bottoming out but 4 1st rd exits.

And Knight was only 60 when he was removed at IU, 68 when he retired from Texas Tech.

There’s plenty of diehards that go to the games. I sit next to them. They will still go if we lose. That‘s why they are diehards.

But, as someone mentioned in a previous post, the point is that how many of the average 20,000 fans in the Dome are casual fans? Of course diehards like everyone on this board are going to continue going to every game no matter what.

But, as someone mentioned in a previous post, the point is that how many of the average 20,000 fans in the Dome are casual fans? Of course diehards like everyone on this board are going to continue going to every game no matter what.
We have 20,000 sth’s. One would gather most are diehards. Nobody in my section is giving up tickets cause we stink.

We have 20,000 sth’s. One would gather most are diehards. Nobody in my section is giving up tickets cause we stink.
Agree to disagree. I’d never give up my season tickets, but I know a handful of people who would, or at least have expressed it. And back to another point: we are already seeing some fans in attendance voice their displeasure during games. If trends on the court continue, how much louder are those boos and vocal frustrations going to get? It could get even uglier real quick. Just wait until Boeheim’s next radio call in show if things continue.

Actually an interesting comparison.

Double-digit loss seasons:

Knight's first 23 years - 6
Knight's final 6 years - 5

Boeheim's first 38 years - 13
Boeheim's final 8 years - 8

If you want to throw in Texas Tech, Knight had double-digit losses in 10 of his last 12 full head-coaching seasons.

Actually an interesting comparison.

Double-digit loss seasons:

Knight's first 23 years - 6
Knight's final 6 years - 5

Boeheim's first 38 years - 13
Boeheim's final 8 years - 8

If you want to throw in Texas Tech, Knight had double-digit losses in 10 of his last 12 full head-coaching seasons.

It’s too simplistic to look at this way. There’s more games now. We have had teams go 28-10 and 30-10 and they were top 10 teams. We also had multiple teams in the 80’s go like 22-9 that did zero in the tournament. Nobody in their right mind would think those teams that went 22-9 were better. If you’re going to make an argument winning percentage is the better way to go.

And Knight was only 60 when he was removed at IU, 68 when he retired from Texas Tech.
Bob Knight was a year younger here (51) than Paul Rudd is right now.

hqdefault.jpg
220px-Paul_Rudd_2018.jpg

I’ve been a diehard for 25 years and I skipped the last three home games and I doubt I go next Tuesday. It’s hard to justify driving 2 hours both ways to watch what‘s being put on the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom