This won't be popular but here is the reality folks... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

This won't be popular but here is the reality folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the original post in this thread was a little much (okay a LOT..), but that happens on forums where emotions can cause snap posts.

Would like to go back and bump threads from the 2016 bball preseason. Jim Boeheim should start doing pushups for stating it's one of the best teams he has ever had.

I find it quite peculiar when a poster goes back to old threads like these and then bumps them when it plays out differently, or makes a particular poster look a bit foolish in hindsight. Ah, the beauty of hindsight.

I guess it must make you feel better now that you got it off your chest, since you had to put the effort in going back to dig this one out of the archives, especially when it wasn't brewing any longer. Interesting...

The OP has a history of this on both boards. It’s also a reminder that things are never truly as bad as people think they are in the heat of game threads or after losses.

Last edited:
Yes, the original post in this thread was a little much (okay a LOT..), but that happens on forums where emotions can cause snap posts.

Would like to go back and bump threads from the 2016 bball preseason. Jim Boeheim should start doing pushups for stating it's one of the best teams he has ever had.

Have at it. We weren't so bad once he figured out he couldn't play Andrew White at guard. There's a history of certain posters only showing up after losses and the OP in this thread is one of them and also declared the BBall season over last year after BC.

I didn't bump it, but still commented on it because it was silly then and silly now.

I didn't say you bumped it, just bumped in general for these reasons. I commented about your specific remark now in hindsight that doesn't necessarily paint a poster's post in a good light. Even if a poster gets proven wrong in hindsight, I find it interesting that posters will do this just to show someone up.

People post at times in the heat of the moment, in frustration, etc. Just go view some of those game threads, even from posters here that get the golden star label of "great posters." I just don't care for it, that's all.

The OP has a history of this on both boards. It’s also a reminder that things are never truly as bad as people think they are in the Heath is game threads or after losses.

Even so, I don't see the need, or what good comes from it. Maybe he does post mostly in frustration after losses, etc., and because of same, his takes can be somewhat emotional. But at the end of the day, I think that if you are here posting, it's because you love SU football, basketball, etc. and ultimately want them to be successful, not unsuccessful. But that's me.

I didn't say you bumped it, just bumped in general for these reasons. I commented about your specific remark now in hindsight that doesn't necessarily paint a poster's post in a good light. Even if a poster gets proven wrong in hindsight, I find it interesting that posters will do this just to show someone up.

People post at times in the heat of the moment, in frustration, etc. Just go view some of those game threads, even from posters here that get the golden star label of "great posters." I just don't care for it, that's all.
1 - They should probably think a little bit about what they post and when knowing that it is never going away
2 - Welcome to the Interwebs

I don't know about all that, but this was a horrendous loss that you absolutely have to figure a way out to get. Really really disappointed I thought this team was different, i really did.
Doh! What do you think about the team now?

I find it quite peculiar when a poster goes back to old threads like these and then bumps them when it plays out differently, or makes a particular poster look a bit foolish in hindsight. Ah, the beauty of hindsight.

I guess it must make you feel better now that you got it off your chest, since you had to put the effort in going back to dig this one out of the archives, especially when it wasn't brewing any longer. Interesting...
Not peculiar at all. It adds some accountability to an otherwise anonymous medium. Say whatever you’d like but be ready for accountability and learn to laugh at yourself. It’s what makes the board fun.

Sometimes you deserve to be called to the mat for being wrong. Bet your @$$ I’ve got some old doozy’s hangin’ out there somewhere.

Not peculiar at all. It adds some accountability to an otherwise anonymous medium. Say whatever you’d like but be ready for accountability and learn to laugh at yourself. It’s what makes the board fun.

No problem with accountability at all. It's just the intent/spirit of a poster's post that I'm generally talking about. And, that's what I find peculiar. Yes, one can certainly laugh at oneself afterwards, but the mean spirited rebuttals, willful intent to embarrass/demean, etc., says just as much about them as anything/anyone else.

No problem with accountability at all. It's just the intent/spirit of a poster's post that I'm generally talking about. And, that's what I find peculiar. Yes, one can certainly laugh at oneself afterwards, but the mean spirited rebuttals, willful intent to embarrass/demean, etc., says just as much about them as anything/anyone else.

I wouldn't call out everyone. There's other posters I disagree with that will leave alone. There's certain posters here that tend to come off as trolls.

You will always read about me complaining about the refs during football games. Opposing OL holds our beastly DL every freaking play with no flags, Dungey takes late hits constantly (rarely a flag), the PI calls, or lack thereof, are baffling, etc.

what I don't get is - SUfaninAZ just liked the OP a few minutes ago. He/She has some explaining to do.

Maybe he felt sorry for the poor bastard? It seems like every couple of weeks, he gets another flogging. We could make it a board tradition. Dig up this thread every time the football team serves up crow.

Nah...I'm thinking the point of bumping is to prove to the chicken little's on the board who write off a whole season based on 1 game, that the sky isn't, and never was falling.
Nothing wrong with it. If your take is hot salty garbage, you better own it. If you don't have the cojones to stand by it, own it, or admit you were wrong, then that's weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.