this year was the second hardest schedule in Syracuse history | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

this year was the second hardest schedule in Syracuse history

You've invented hypothetical results and are using them as real evidence.

Those programs have better players and run better offenses than Syracuse. It's quite easy to see. And my spitballing we would lose 8 out of 10 times is a way of comparing and making a point. Not meant to be gospel.

You don't think UCF would beat us the majority of times we played, given what we saw with them against Duke? I sure do. And I'm willing to wager UC Irvine would give us fits as well.

Why don't you give an opinion on that, rather than quoting one sentence from my post and creating your own ridiculous narrative.

If you don't compare where Syracuse's program is with others, and how you think they might fare against each, then how do you suggest we place a value on where this program stands nationally? We lost 14 games this year and went a combined 4-10 against NCAA Tournament teams. That isn't great.

Listen

No one is happy with past few regular seasons ... Let's call them the Frank years.

They also coincide with the sanctions.

It's no surprise the results are what they are.

Let's see what happens over the next three.
And to think I almost went an entire day without reading that it's all Frank's fault.

You’re being extremely hyperbolic. Just looking at Kenpom tells me that Syracuse and UCF are extremely evenly matched.

We would beat UC Irvine 7 out of 10 times.

We would be favored against UW too and I think Hopkins is great.

Have you done any research here? I know Millhouse has...

Did you see the players on the UCF team? They're better than ours. Plain and simple. Their top three guys would start for us. And the comparison isn't even all that close. Fall, Dawkins for Brissett or Hughes and Taylor for Howard.

And to think I almost went an entire day without reading that it's all Frank's fault.
Hey man, just happens to to correspond with his time here.

No blaming him personally, just fits the time frame

Those programs have better players and run better offenses than Syracuse. It's quite easy to see. And my spitballing we would lose 8 out of 10 times is a way of comparing and making a point. Not meant to be gospel.

You don't think UCF would beat us the majority of times we played, given what we saw with them against Duke? I sure do. And I'm willing to wager UC Irvine would give us fits as well.

Why don't you give an opinion on that, rather than quoting one sentence from my post and creating your own ridiculous narrative.

If you don't compare where Syracuse's program is with others, and how you think they might fare against each, then how do you suggest we place a value on where this program stands nationally? We lost 14 games this year and went a combined 4-10 against NCAA Tournament teams. That isn't great.
What's my ridiculous narrative exactly?

That it's inaccurate to invent imagined game results as definitive evidence?

I don't know how we would do against UCF, or anybody else.

I do agree we're not as good as we have been, and my evidence for that is that our 1st round draft pick streak broke.

What's my ridiculous narrative exactly?

That it's inaccurate to invent imagined game results as definitive evidence?

I don't know how we would do against UCF, or anybody else.

I do agree we're not as good as we have been, and my evidence for that is that our 1st round draft pick streak broke.

It's an opinion. Are we now constructing scientific proofs on a basketball message board? Please.

You’re being extremely hyperbolic. Just looking at Kenpom tells me that Syracuse and UCF are extremely evenly matched.

We would beat UC Irvine 7 out of 10 times.

We would be favored against UW too and I think Hopkins is great.

Have you done any research here? I know Millhouse has...
yup

just to make things clear, using kenpom's data (and it is really good). all assuming a neutral court:
  • ucf would be about a 1 pt favorite over su.
  • syracuse would be a 6 or 7 pt favorite over uci
  • su would be a 1 pt favorite over uw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom