This Years New HC Hires | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This Years New HC Hires

Incredibly, doesn’t look like it. But Mack Brown, Les Miles and Mike Locksley? Two retreads and a stiff? Yep

The only thing I’d disagree on is Miles - retread yes but I think he was a home run for a program as pathetic as Kansas. He’s pragmatic and I think he will make that program a winner in short order.

Mack Brown - completely agree. I just hope his second stint at UNC turns out better for them than Edsall’s at UCANT lol.

{snip}

Mack Brown - completely agree. I just hope his second stint at UNC turns out better for them than Edsall’s at UCANT lol.
We'll just agree to disagree on this one. ;)

I think Harbaugh may leave Michigan if Green Bay or even Cleveland makes him an offer he can't refuse.

You could look at it like the path to a Big 10 title/CFP just opened with Meyer leaving tOSU but you could get 4-6 years of Aaron Rodgers? Might make me leave

I think Harbaugh may leave Michigan if Green Bay or even Cleveland makes him an offer he can't refuse.

You could look at it like the path to a Big 10 title/CFP just opened with Meyer leaving tOSU but you could get 4-6 years of Aaron Rodgers? Might make me leave

I've been wondering about this one too. Harbaugh leaving basically is chalking up his return to UM as a big disappointment. Maybe he doesn't care but that would have to eat at him a little bit to have that sort of bad taste in his mouth everytime he looked back on his alma mater. OSU is a monster that will self sustain but I think short term its' ceiling is lower with Day than with Urban. If he can stay and grab a couple of wins against OSU then who knows. Most years that means you're in the playoff.

On the other hand, Rodgers talent and to coach at a historic franchise is a pretty big draw.

So no one is goi g to hire Neal Brown?

I don't have any evidence to back this up but I figure he's waiting for an SEC job to come free. Sounds like Auburn is going to be looking for a new coach sooner than later.

Oklahoma could open up if Lincoln Riley really wants an NFL job. His name keeps being mentioned.
So we gotta be on alert for that job and any ripples it would cause. I have no clue who Oklahoma would target if Riley left for the Cleveland Browns or Dallas Cowboys.

The OU job is the one job that would get me nervous with Dino. He would thrive in the Big 12 style and nationally the perception is that Dino is a miracle worker to take our program all the way up to 12th in the country. Dino has ties to Big 12 country and OU is one of those rarified air jobs that would be tough to say no to.

Also, I know for a fact last summer we checked in on if Jalen Hurts would be interested in transferring to SU. Jalen stayed at Bama this year because he wanted his degree this month and valued developing for a year under Dan Enos but now he's going to be a 5th year grad transfer. Jalen's from TX and OU is thought to be a destination he'll seriously consider. He would be dominant against Big 12 defenses so maybe those two end up coming together after all. Jalen may also follow Locks to Maryland though so we'll see.

We’ll see. I think UNC missed the bus on Satterfield.
Oh they most definitely did. Their only saving grace is that they won't be reminded about how poor a decision it was by having Satterfield stand on their opponent's sideline each year. UVa will see Satterfield every year, but UNC won't.

I was disagreeing with your hope Brown's stint turned out better than Edsall's. We'd like it to be no better than Edsall's.

I've been wondering about this one too. Harbaugh leaving basically is chalking up his return to UM as a big disappointment. Maybe he doesn't care but that would have to eat at him a little bit to have that sort of bad taste in his mouth everytime he looked back on his alma mater. OSU is a monster that will self sustain but I think short term its' ceiling is lower with Day than with Urban. If he can stay and grab a couple of wins against OSU then who knows. Most years that means you're in the playoff.

On the other hand, Rodgers talent and to coach at a historic franchise is a pretty big draw.
My only question about Rogers is his seeming fragility. Maybe it's the poor quality of his OL or my not paying attention as much, but it seems like he's getting hurt more often and more severely each year.

My only question about Rogers is his seeming fragility. Maybe it's the poor quality of his OL or my not paying attention as much, but it seems like he's getting hurt more often and more severely each year.

I didn't realize until the other day that he's 35 years old. I feel like GB has kinda mailed it in in terms of surrounding him with pieces to really contend for anything of significance and when you have that much stress and demand on a player it has to start to take it's toll.

Oh they most definitely did. Their only saving grace is that they won't be reminded about how poor a decision it was by having Satterfield stand on their opponent's sideline each year. UVa will see Satterfield every year, but UNC won't.

I was disagreeing with your hope Brown's stint turned out better than Edsall's. We'd like it to be no better than Edsall's.

Ha! Understood :)