This year's team is the polar opposite of last year's team | Syracusefan.com

This year's team is the polar opposite of last year's team

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • Last year's team seemed to always get out to big leads and blow them, this year's team seems to always fall behind and catch up
  • Last year's team was experienced, this year's team is young and improving
  • Last year's team was unathletic, this year's team is fairly athletic
  • Last year's team rarely used the bench, this year's team has played at least 10 different players in crunch time during various games
  • Last year's team had a few guys monopolize all the shots every game, this year's team has different guys stepping up different games
  • I don't know if this year's team is better than last year (w/ a healthy Edwards), but it is so much more exciting! If they can somehow get Judah and Jesse back next year, we will be nasty.

• Last year's team seemed to always get out to big leads and blow them, this year's team seems to always fall behind and catch up
  • Last year's team was experienced, this year's team is young and improving
  • Last year's team was unathletic, this year's team is fairly athletic
  • Last year's team rarely used the bench, this year's team has played at least 10 different players in crunch time during various games
  • Last year's team had a few guys monopolize all the shots every game, this year's team has different guys stepping up different games
  • I don't know if this year's team is better than last year (w/ a healthy Edwards), but it is so much more exciting! If they can somehow get Judah and Jesse back next year, we will be nasty.

I think the big difference, and you seem to allude to it, I think this team has more space to get better in-season.

Last year we were kind of who we were the whole year. This year as the frosh come around and guys learn to play with each other and who should be getting mins, it seems like our upside potential has more runway.

Another contrast:
Last year's team really struggled with full court pressure, this year's team has handled it very well (at least so far).
Yep, its what happens when you have an competent ball handling in the guard spot. Pretty basic stuff.

Here’s some fun with numbers. They don’t tell the whole story….but it’s interesting….

Last years front court of Jessie, Cole, Jimmy & Benny averaged a rebound every 5.24 minutes of playing time.

This years quartet of Jessie, Benny, Bell and Maliq is averaging a rebound every 4.24 minutes of playing time.

Jessie is a huge reason for that and we also haven hit the hard part of the schedule, but it’ll be interesting to see what the numbers look like in March.

Don’t mean to pick on anyone, but the overall athletic upgrade is off the chart.

The shooting talent is less, but we’re taking better quality 3’s this year.
Yeah, I think there's something to that. Not to say every three is wide open, but they seem less contested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom