Class of 2015 - Thomas Bryant - Bishop Kearney HS | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Thomas Bryant - Bishop Kearney HS

Athletic 6-9 PF from Rochester with long arms & 3 point range...I believe that this recipe has worked out well for us in the past. One would assume that Wallace would be a part of JB's pitch & hope that JW might coincidentally be on campus during a few of Bryant's visits over the next 2 years. Then again, it's hard to say how much weight this may carry with Bryant being born in '97 lol

From the same game but this time just strictly all Thomas Bryant and even a couple of defensive highlights for him as well;).
Wow. I think he could help us next year. Heck, I think he could help us right now.

From the same game but this time just strictly all Thomas Bryant and even a couple of defensive highlights for him as well;).
I really hope that Bryant and Briscoe commit to SU over the summer. The scary thing is, Bryant will get stronger and more explosive over the next couple of years. He already has a nice outside shot and, from the limited footage I have seen of him, it appears that he has very good basketball instincts. He could be a very special player. And Briscoe will start climbing in ranking this summer when he plays more on the ball and he comes out from the shadow of The Creator (Francis, your dollar is in the mail).

Bryant has visited SU 3 times this season, which is definitely a good look. I'm sure he'll do his due diligence and check out other schools, but I find it hard to believe that he'll turn down a chance to stay close to home and play at SU when it's all said n done.

Does he project to be a center or the prototypical versatile Syracuse forward? There is little chance that McCullough stays for two years, but if we can get Bryant and he gets a bit taller and plays in the middle with McCullough and any of Grant, Roberson or BJ on the other side, that would be a sick front court.

He's a forward.

What am I missing here? Kid looks to have decent skills, able to hit some jumpers and finish inside, but he was playing against short, unathletic kids. He doesn't look very agile or athletic. He seemed to struggle to get up to the rim at times and is kind of awkward moving around. Unless he grows a few more inches to anchor the zone, I'm not sure I can see him playing a wing.

To me, he looks like a Seton Hall level recruit, more than what we should be aiming for...Am I way off here?

What am I missing here? Kid looks to have decent skills, able to hit some jumpers and finish inside, but he was playing against short, unathletic kids. He doesn't look very agile or athletic. He seemed to struggle to get up to the rim at times and is kind of awkward moving around. Unless he grows a few more inches to anchor the zone, I'm not sure I can see him playing a wing.

To me, he looks like a Seton Hall level recruit, more than what we should be aiming for...Am I way off here?
You came up with that judgement after watching a 1:34 highlight clip? snoop.png The kid is 6'9, 15-16 yrs old with lots of versatility to his game. I'm scared to think of what he could become when he gets bigger and stronger over the next few years. Most big kids are going up against players smaller than them on the HS level, because not everybody has 7footers in their lineup. First we need to sacrifice the season to give Cooney more minutes and now Thomas Bryant is a Seton Hall type of recruit based off a one minute clip lol I love this site.

You came up with that judgement after watching a 1:34 highlight clip?View attachment 2467 The kid is 6'9, 15-16 yrs old with lots of versatility to his game. I'm scared to think of what he could become when he gets bigger and stronger over the next few years. Most big kids are going up against players smaller than them on the HS level, because not everybody has 7footers in their lineup. First we need to sacrifice the season to give Cooney more minutes and now Thomas Bryant is a Seton Hall type of recruit based off a one minute clip lol I love this site.
I think people forget how young Bryant is. It is much more about his potential for growth than his current style of play which is a little slow at the moment and sometimes lackadaisical. From the FEW clips that I have seen it seems that he has some good low posts moves and decent footwork. I think that is the most important part of viewing clips of guys who are three years away from the college game.

I think people forget how young Bryant is. It is much more about his potential for growth than his current style of play which is a little slow at the moment and sometimes lackadaisical. From the FEW clips that I have seen it seems that he has some good low posts moves and decent footwork. I think that is the most important part of viewing clips of guys who are three years away from the college game.
Exactly. I think the mistake some make when watching a young prospect, is that they think what he can do for me now instead of what he can do for me in a few years.

Watched the game last night. You can tell he is growing into his body still. He reminded me of a Great Dane or Mastiff puppy . Long stretches of awkwardness then flashes of what he'll grow into. There were some long shots and inside moves that looked 100% Durant. There were glimpses of shooting form, ball handling, and explosiveness that were impressive for a 18 year old let a 15 year old.

Chino looked pretty raw as well. He was also pretty thin. However, he must have had double digit blocks. His timing was unreal. Offensively and physically he will take a few years. He is a guaranteed redshirt IMO.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Watched the game last night. You can tell he is growing into his body still. He reminded me of a Great Dane or Mastiff puppy . Long stretches of awkwardness then flashes of what he'll grow into. There were some long shots and inside moves that looked 100% Durant. There were glimpses of shooting form, ball handling, and explosiveness that were impressive for a 18 year old let a 15 year old.

Chino looked pretty raw as well. He was also pretty thin. However, he must have had double digit blocks. His timing was unreal. Offensively and physically he will take a few years. He is a guaranteed redshirt IMO.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for the report. I think the best thing with Chino is that nobody really has any expectations for him. So it gives the staff and him plenty of time to mature and develop over the next few years from practice and the weight room to get stronger.

Did I just say meow??? Do I look like a cat to you??? Do you see me drinking milk out of a saucer??? Am I hopping around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree?? Well do you see me eating mice???

Now listen up MEOWW!!!!
Smells like sex in here.

Yes you're way off. He's a 6'9 15-16 year old who has great instincts, can run the floor pretty well, has a good stroke from behind the arc, and is pretty athletic. I can see the skepticism because he definitely looks like he needs to get stronger and kinda sharpen up his skills, but it's not like he'd be playing in the ACC tomorrow. He has about 2-3 years to get stronger, develop his skills and instincts, and just mature as a person. I saw him earlier this year and was very very impressed. I really hope we're able to land him because he seems like a guaranteed pro going forward if he follows his current development path.

sully, spot on in your assessment. Saw him play this weekend in the state tournament against Jamestown. He oozes with potential. He obviously needs to get stronger but he is young and has two years to develop. In reference to his defense, BK had him trapping and pressuring guards all over the court. He can get after it. Have seen Rochester players for awhile, looks like the best local prospect since John Wallace. Now I see why he is rated so highly, Bryant is obviously a big time talent. One of his biggest problems in the game I saw was that everytime he got the ball, usually around the high post, he would be double and triple teamed.

As an aside, a local high school coach that I spoke with had heard he might go the prep school route. BK plays a decent schedule but he needs the kind of HS competition that you get at a New England prep school. Will be interesting to see if he sticks around upstate NY for a couple more years.

The guy Bryant reminds me the most of is Tim Thomas, the former Villanova player that SU recruited hard back in the late 90s.

As crazy as it sounds, I have heard him compared to Kevin Durant, and I can see that comparison. He is really long and his shot from 3 seems effortless.

As crazy as it sounds, I have heard him compared to Kevin Durant, and I can see that comparison. He is really long and his shot from 3 seems effortless.
I think the biggest part of his development will be increasing his quickness especially laterally. He is a little slowfooted at the moment (but I credit that to his age and getting used to his size)

I was surprised that BK opened up the game using Bryant as the point person on the full court press as well as in half court traps. I think he did a pretty good job of getting around the court. He seemed to have a pretty good motor.

I thought high schools were still in sesssion,what gives

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom