Class of 2015 - Thomas Bryant on ESPN Thurs. @ 9:30p | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Thomas Bryant on ESPN Thurs. @ 9:30p

And I will also say there is no reason Grant can't be a Wes or McCullough type of finisher in transition. CJ too. Would like to see that develop a little once acc starts...
Not going to happen, except off steals by the guards. CJ and Grant are going to be working the defensive boards. It might be different if we had a C who could own the boards.

I am probably way off base, but he looks like some young kids I coach who have a real sudden growth spurt. They suddenly go from agile to awkward and their legs aren't really underneath them. I have always assumed it's because their center of gravity has changed and they haven't figured out how to adjust yet. I hope that's what it is w TB because I want this kid,but who knows , he may just always be a shuffler, thats just how he will always run. I still want this guy at Cuse!

If I remember right, TB hit his growth spurt sometime between 7th and 8th grade. He was 6'6" at that point, so it wasn't a drastic growth spurt though. He has put on like 30-40 lbs since he was pulled up to the Bishop Kearney Varsity team in 8th grade as well.

Bryant is a bit of an enigma to me. I first saw him in the Sectionals against Webster Schroeder. At halftime he was scoreless and looked like extremely awkward on the floor. Hel looked like a Great Dane puppy. He looked awkward for his body. Then in the second half he came on. He looked much like yesterday for much of the game. But then he had some eye popping plays. In bursts he had a smooth long athleticism that reminded me of Durant or Anthony Davis. He took guys off the dribble with crossovers and spin moves. He had a smooth shooting form from beyond the arc. He was on wing of zone and anticipated and blocked the ball at the three point line. In the state finals I saw much of the same. Overall awkwardness and then bursts of smooth athleticism. Some of these plays were athleticism I haven't seen in a high school big man since John Wallace.

This year his shoulders are much broader. His arms are thicker too. But his legs still look like sticks. It is clear his body is developing, but into what is the question. He looked more comfortable down low with a couple post moves and aggressive body contact on defense. Most of the time he looks like a 7' 3" center trying to move fast but unable to get his long arms and legs moving. I can't really tell if those bursts are a foreshadowing of consistent athleticism or not. I see him as the opposite 5 of Rak. A perimeter offensive player, but better in the center of the zone on defense. I