Thomas Bryant Situation | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Thomas Bryant Situation

Lydon - His role'll be determined by how his shots fall. He's a shooter and face to the basket player. At SU he is a 3 but at 6'9" will be able to help at the 4.

liked your observations, but

"role'll" ...really?...while I get what you're doing, it's just not right. And it's hard to pronounce.

I love all the mostly uninformed conjecture in this thread. Love it so much here's mine (confirmed uninformed).
CMac - Should come back. But I feel Chris is one of those kids you just can't predict. As someone else said uinless he hates class or JB a lot I have a hard time finding a reason for him to leave. Unless he is concerned about PT next year with the new guys coming in and Roberson hopefully developing. My guess is he comes back but I really think it's 50/50.

Bryant - Honestly believe SU is the best place for him. Crean really isn't that good a coach and I just don't see him going to UK. They've already signed the #1 C and are still recruiting #3, 4, and 5. He'll got to UK if he wants to play less than 20 minutes per game but get challenged in practice.

Coleman - I don't see how anybody can predict anything having to do with Coleman. But I think his status as a "token starter" as a top local recruit is gone. He is now a project that may or may not play dividends down the road. And no matter how healthy he is he doesn't start over Bryant if he comes. Bryant will inherit the guaranteed starter position and hopefully be better than the last 3 freshman C's that got it (Melo, Christmas, Coelman) who lets be honest, none of them deserved PT say nothing about starting. As much as I hope Coleman comes back healthy and can play at full strength for the next 2 years I hope I never see him trying to play the 4 on d in the 2/3.

Cooney - Surprised I even have to say this but he ain't going anywhere.

Roberson - This is it. If he doesn't figure it out over the next few weeks there are more players coming in next year that want his spot. He is so very close to breaking out. I still have hope because he gets easy shots. It just seems he expends so much energy to get the shot that he comes up short and is unable to finish. If he becoems a double double guy the rest of the season I think he holds onto his spot next year no matter who is on the roster. If he doesn't its back o the bench and finish out his career as a rebounding role player. My money is on him developing.

Obokoh - Whoever said there is zero chance of Obokoh starting next year is either naive or ignorant. As of today he is the only healthy center on next years roster and the jury is definitely out on the others. This is his chance.
Play well the rest of this year and he earns a spot in next years rotation. I think he'll surprise a few people and have some productive moments.

Diagne - Contrary to how he's listed by recruiting services I believe he is a Center at SU. He may be able to play the 4 defensively but I believe his offense is a C's offense.

Lydon - His role'll be determined by how his shots fall. He's a shooter and face to the basket player. At SU he is a 3 but at 6'9" will be able to help at the 4.

Richardson - I think JB would love to have him start next season. Doubt it happens though. Cooney and G are ahead of him but will be the first non-big man off the bench. Hope to goodness he can play perimeter D because we need his offense on the floor as much as possible. My only (imo) outlandish prediction is don't be surprised if Richardson starts at the 3 and Gbinije goes back to the 6th man role. Just saying.

Howard - Not sure how much of a role he gets as a combo guard next year. Maybe none. Definitely recruited as a PG I think he is more combo than Joseph is this year.

Joseph - KJo starts as the PG again. I'm betting he develops and is above average next year. He already does a lot of good things, needs to eliminate some of his mistakes. He has been exactly what I was expecting. Perhaps nto quite what I was hoping for but that's my fault.

Patterson/Johnson - They've got the rest of this season to prove they belong. I like the role Patterson is creating for himself. I'm cautiously optimistic for BJ. I think he needs to be more aggressive and not think like a bench player when he is on the court.
Nice post. Great opinions and thoughts.

It would be interesting if G becomes the 6 man, but hard for me to believe as a 5th year guy he gets beat out by a freshman ESP with cuse being a zone team and most freshman struggling to grasp the rotations and positioning. But like you said just an outlandish prediction...so fair enough

My silence on G means his role/position likely don't change next year, like Cooney, he ain't going anywhere.

Well if this is the case - you have us at 14 Scholarships --- you need to pick one player who's gonna leave. I mean that's the big question, isn't it?

Its going to be very nice having those two 5th year seniors playing the 2g and SF for us next year.

Totally agree. This is going to be such an advantage for us next year, to have 2 players with that much experience, playing important positions & providing outside shooting (a skill that can take 2-3 years of college play before a player gets consistent at outside shooting). That level of consistent, experienced play that Cooney & G will provide, combined with the talent/potential of guys we have coming in and still here (Richardson, Roberson, etc...I'm even still excited about Joseph's potential for next season) gets me more excited about the prospects for our 2015-16 season than any other single upcoming season I can remember (at this point).

Attachments

• fuccillo-huge.jpg
    fuccillo-huge.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 98
Will Obokoh ever play meaningful earned minutes here? He just doesn't look to have any skills or aggressiveness. I know he's raw, but he'll be a junior next year. Is this the spot for Bryant?

Looking like Chino may be the odd man out. Ronnie played a nice part last night, BJ still has time I believe. Insane depth next year regardless. Gotta think one or more players transfer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom