Those Who Think Recruiting is Marrone's Saving Grace | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Those Who Think Recruiting is Marrone's Saving Grace

Loeb was Marrone. Your blahs were still qb recruits. Brolyd was recruited as a qb. Point was, Marrone has brought in more than 2 QB's.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Loeb was Marrone. Your blahs were still qb recruits. Brolyd was recruited as a qb. Point was, Marrone has brought in more than 2 QB's.

Yet again we battle pointlessly, I thought Loeb committed to GRob and the staff did not plan on giving a shot at QB so how was he recruited as QB? I'd say athlete than anything, right?

Yet again we battle pointlessly, I thought Loeb committed to GRob and the staff did not plan on giving a shot at QB so how was he recruited as QB? I'd say athlete than anything, right?
I think Loeb was a pure Marrone recruit, who we brought in at the last minute as part of Marrone's first class. Where he had basically 1.5 months to recruit.

Loeb was definitely Marrone. I spoke with him after he was hired when he threw out the first pitch of a S/WB Yankees game in '09. I told him "That John Kinder looks like a good pick up." He said "Wait until you see Charlie Loeb."

I didn't see it as a battle. Someone (you??) commented that before allen and Wilson, Marrone had only brought it 2 QB's. I listed the others. No more no less.

I didn't see it as a battle. Someone (you??) commented that before allen and Wilson, Marrone had only brought it 2 QB's. I listed the others. No more no less.

So much easier to discuss in person, hard to add context to my last comment. More of a joke than anything.

I would also hold judgement on that until Allen and Wilson get here. The only QB's Marrone has landed are Kinder, who was a NYC kid in a short notice and Hunt, who could very well have a shot when he participates in a full spring and fall canp.

Allen could be the real deal, and Wilson isn't one to scoff at either.

Marrone's best classes were the past 2, especially last year. Most havent had a chance to show their worth yet due to injury or redshirt. Takes ridiculously talented players to come in and have a major role on a BCS D1 team. Broyld has showed signs, Thompson was going to play until he went down, Curtis could be starting at RT if he didnt have to hang it up, Reddish has NFL talent as does Hickey.

Recruiting has improved, but hasnt been tested yet. They need to more time to mature and catch up. We arent Florida, Texas or USC who will get NFL talent at every position every year. We will get the others who could be very good, but need more time to develop.
improved yes good no.ru still out recruits us and as of today are a better team heading in the right direction ---we are not

SU used to get quality players from NJ and Conn, not the case anymore.

Still don't know how P&D lost those connections.

Still don't know how P&D lost those connections.

They stopped working hard at recruiting and realized that mistake way too late..

georgia ohio pa---i ask what the hell is wrong with nj players???historically they have been some of our best----why did we give that up????do not tell me p&d either,we had nothing to offer after ru improved facility wise---jake retired on the job--coaches come and go, we need to recapture our historical base. what i do give hcdm credit for is establishing nyc and re-establishing l.i.

I hope you're only referring to NJ players.

Duh? did you not see this quoted above my post?
RoysRunts said:

Not just HC DM.
The late JJ Bedel (sp) may have been the last one (04?)

Duh? did you not see this quoted above my post?
RoysRunts said:

Not just HC DM.
The late JJ Bedel (sp) may have been the last one (04?)

Andrey Baskin in 2006 was the last under GROB, not that he ever made it to campus...

NJ was lost in the last few years under P, and GROB not having a recruiter with strong NJ ties and an inferior product in terms of facilities and on field performance only perpetuated it.

My god people. Since when is Reddish Revis? I like the kid but he has played 3 games and hasn't had much of an impact. On top of that he is in a 3 man rotation. Crume is barely getting PT. That is an impact? Spruill is solid but nowhere near as good as Smith or Hogue. Dyshawn is still living off of one play against RU. I will give you Broyld. Just because we have Marrone recruits on the field doesn't mean they are making plays. Which is one reason why we are losing. A lack of play makers and All BE type talents. GRob brought in a handful of playmakers and a bunch of crap. That isn't good either.

Hasn't had much of an impact? Reddish is our best corner...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

want the honest answer? Because by every measurable/quantitative metric dougie has failed. So the apologists need something to cling to that cant be easily measured. claiming that Dougie is this great talent evaluator and that he finds diamonds in the rough etc is the perfect metric because its not easily disputed.

Its called desperation.

Tristan, unlike OPa I don't sense joy in your comment. More like frustration and disgust. But why such angst and drama? ;-)))

Exactly what metrics are you expecting from a newbie HC (yes, 3 yrs & 4 games total experience is still a newbie). It's not easy even for an experienced coach to bring a program back from a state ours was in.

Sure he and his staff make questionable decisions at times. But Hackett is also a newbie. As a side note, it's often a guessing game anyway. It's easy to criticize the 4th down call in the Minny game. But not many teams have the closing speed of their player who chased down Jerome, even when the D doesn't attack the middle as they expected. That play could be a TD against most teams on our schedule, and now everyone we play will have to be ready for it.

To get back to "metrics". Did you expect him to do better record-wise than he did in his 1st year? Or his 2nd? The only thing you can continue pointing to is the ongoing 0-8 streak against BCS starting at the end of last year. But last years' 0-5 can and should - at least partially - be attributed to the well documented depth and injury issues. Even this years' 0-3 to an extent

Why does one have to be an apologist for acknowledging obvious improvements in both depth and talent level? Do you really think we're absolutely incapable of clicking against Pitt like we did against WVU, and then going on a winning streak instead of tanking (again due to better depth and health)? If so, then I'd be interested to hear why.

Hasn't had much of an impact? Reddish is our best corner...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you name any plays that he has made? Has he been good in run support? Has he missed tackles? Has he been a shut down corner? Has he had any pass breakups? Has he had an INT while covering his man? I am not saying that Reddish is not good. He is. But people around here act like he is Revis when he has not done much on the field as of yet. What exactly has he done to be called our "best corner"? At this point it is simply group think.

Can you name any plays that he has made? Has he been good in run support? Has he missed tackles? Has he been a shut down corner? Has he had any pass breakups? Has he had an INT while covering his man? I am not saying that Reddish is not good. He is. But people around here act like he is Revis when he has not done much on the field as of yet. What exactly has he done to be called our "best corner"? At this point it is simply group think.

The board grand poobahs have deemed it so. Agreed, it's group think.

The board grand poobahs have deemed it so. Agreed, it's group think.

I like Reddish a lot. But my point is the group think here has made him out to be something he is not. If he was as good as everyone claims he would NOT be in a 3 way with Lyn and Anderson. Those guys all get about equal mins. If Reddish is by far our best CB, then why does the staff rotate him?

Loeb was definitely Marrone. I spoke with him after he was hired when he threw out the first pitch of a S/WB Yankees game in '09. I told him "That John Kinder looks like a good pick up." He said "Wait until you see Charlie Loeb."

That crazy drunk chick from Louisiana said the same thing.

So did Millhouse.

I wish either of them were referring to how he played QB.

I like Reddish a lot. But my point is the group think here has made him out to be something he is not. If he was as good as everyone claims he would NOT be in a 3 way with Lyn and Anderson. Those guys all get about equal mins. If Reddish is by far our best CB, then why does the staff rotate him?

You know how he is the best cover corner we have? When he is on the field, which is more than Anderson and Lyn, he is ALWAYS on the wide side. It isn't group think if the coaches feel the same way.

You know how he is the best cover corner we have? When he is on the field, which is more than Anderson and Lyn, he is ALWAYS on the wide side. It isn't group think if the coaches feel the same way.

And David Stevens is our best TE too. Thought I heard that here too. Lyn is our best corner (5 PBUs)

You are wrong. All three have been rotating each drive. There have been entire DRIVES where Reddish has been on the bench. So either the coaches are morons for having him out or he isn't Revis.