Those Who Think Recruiting is Marrone's Saving Grace | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Those Who Think Recruiting is Marrone's Saving Grace

The joy that you obviously feel in posting such comments is pretty disconcerting.

There is no joy in pointing out that dougie has failed in every way. what is disconcerting, however, is your blind adulation of a man who is so massively unqualified for his current role in life.

And David Stevens is our best TE too. Thought I heard that here too. Lyn is our best corner (5 PBUs)

Correction. Best receiving tight end.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Correction. Best receiving tight end.

Again the COACHES actions do not follow another board group think. If Stevens is our best receiving TE, then why in the hell does Wales play on passing downs? Are the coaches stupid? The must be for putting the team at a disadvantage by not having the best guy on the field.

You are wrong. All three have been rotating each drive. There have been entire DRIVES where Reddish has been on the bench. So either the coaches are morons for having him out or he isn't Revis.

Well, he's not Revis. But he is our best cover corner and why he plays the most and why every single play he is in, the coaches put him on the wide side where you play your best cover corner.

Again the COACHES actions do not follow another board group think. If Stevens is our best receiving TE, then why in the hell does Wales play on passing downs? Are the coaches stupid? The must be for putting the team at a disadvantage by not having the best guy on the field.

No

Stevens has been hurt all season and still isn't 100%. He's barely gotten on the field. But I'm sure you know that.

Well, he's not Revis. But he is our best cover corner and why he plays the most and why every single play he is in, the coaches put him on the wide side where you play your best cover corner.

We watch different games. And I get that you're mad at Lyn for his tantrum last year. But he's still our best CC.

We watch different games. And I get that you're mad at Lyn for his tantrum last year. But he's still our best CC.

Are the coaches mad at him too?

Can you name any plays that he has made? Has he been good in run support? Has he missed tackles? Has he been a shut down corner? Has he had any pass breakups? Has he had an INT while covering his man? I am not saying that Reddish is not good. He is. But people around here act like he is Revis when he has not done much on the field as of yet. What exactly has he done to be called our "best corner"? At this point it is simply group think.

I've watched all three corners a lot. Reddish has consistently had the best coverage, he rarely gets thrown at because of it, and actually, he has been by far the best corner in run support. Lyn's good too, I'm not disparaging him at all. Anderson...well...

Come on, man...how many teams get pick sixes? Really? That's your criteria?

What the hell are you saying? I just asked the question, there's a kid on your lawn, go yell at him.

Go back and read your post. You certainly make it seem like you are denigrating the secondary because they haven't had a pick six in years. If it was just an innocent question born out of curiosity, my apologies. If not, I stand by my post. They way in sounds in your head may not be the way people read it...

Lyn is our best CC???? It really isn't even close. This is not "group speak" or whatever term KOIII used. Just watch him on the field. Lyn is very good, do not get me wrong. But Reddish has the chance to be great.

Go back and read your post. You certainly make it seem like you are denigrating the secondary because they haven't had a pick six in years. If it was just an innocent question born out of curiosity, my apologies. If not, I stand by my post. They way in sounds in your head may not be the way people read it...

You got all that out of a simple question? Of course I wasn't denigrating the secondary and I apologize as well and all I was asking for was the answer to my question, no other agenda other than noticing that it's been too long. I understand there is a lot of different things a corner is asked to do and #1 is don't let your guy or guy in your area catch the ball.

Based on information through September 26, Syracuse is dead last when compared to # recruits for '13 with its new ACC brethren. For example, on a national rank basis Syracuse is in the 70's--albeit there are still a few top notch players thinking about 'Cuse--but Pitt for example is ranked in the 40's. It is not going to be easy to compete in the ACC with this type of recruiting...note the ACC is only behind the SEC in talent committed. HOW DO WE GET BETTER:
Included below are the rankings for all 14 ACC schools. The number to the left is each program’s national rank. Obviously, these figures can and will change over time, since these commitments are still tentative. Additional thoughts are also below.
ACC Football 2013 Recruiting Rankings (September 26)
11. Florida State (18 commits; 3.44 average) (August Rank: 10)
13. Clemson (17 commits; 3.47 average) (August Rank: 14)
16. North Carolina (19 commits; 3.21 average) (August Rank: 18)
18. Virginia Tech (17 commits; 3.35 average) (August Rank: 19)
19. Virginia (18 commits; 3.32 average) (August Rank: 24)
35. NC State (18 commits; 2.89 average) (August Rank: 49)
36. Maryland (17 commits; 2.76 average) (August Rank: 22)
39. Miami (FL) (11 commits; 3.55 average) (August Rank: 34)
40. Pittsburgh (17 commits; 2.65 average) (August Rank: 35)
47. Boston College (18 commits; 2.71 average) (August Rank: 57)
48. Georgia Tech (13 commits; 3.08 average) (August Rank: 41)
55. Duke (15 commits; 2.53 average) (August Rank: 60)
67. Wake Forest (12 commits; 2.58 average) (August Rank: 59)
76. Syracuse (8 commits; 2.75 average) (August Rank: 77)
Some additional thoughts after the jump:

• Syracuse hasn’t picked up a recruit in months, hence why they’ve only got a class of eight, and are sitting around the mid 70s in the rankings. The Orange are one of the final considerations for several top recruits, however, so this class is still largely undefined.
  • With five schools in the top 20 (six if you want to count Notre Dame), the ACC is second only to the SEC in terms of landing top recruiting classes.
  • Mike London and Randy Edsall have received plenty of praise for their recruiting work in ACC circles, but the buzz may start carrying beyond league borders soon — specifically for Virginia, who is one of the conference’s teams in the top 20.
  • Florida State has already been pulling down top classes for the last few years, but given how this season is shaping out thus far, the best may be yet to come. Nationally, they’ll be one of the schools to watch as recruiting heats up.
  • Duke and Georgia Tech seem to be moving in opposite directions, with the Blue Devils rising in each of the last two rankings, and the Wreck dropping (precipitously) in the last two.

Based on ********** information through September 26, Syracuse is dead last when compared to # recruits for '13 with its new ACC brethren. For example, on a national rank basis Syracuse is in the 70's--albeit there are still a few top notch players thinking about 'Cuse--but Pitt for example is ranked in the 40's. It is not going to be easy to compete in the ACC with this type of recruiting...note the ACC is only behind the SEC in talent committed. HOW DO WE GET BETTER:
Included below are the ********** rankings for all 14 ACC schools. The number to the left is each program’s national rank. Obviously, these figures can and will change over time, since these commitments are still tentative. Additional thoughts are also below.

• Syracuse hasn’t picked up a recruit in months, hence why they’ve only got a class of eight, and are sitting around the mid 70s in the rankings. The Orange are one of the final considerations for several top recruits, however, so this class is still largely undefined.
  • With five schools in the top 20 (six if you want to count Notre Dame), the ACC is second only to the SEC in terms of landing top recruiting classes.
  • Mike London and Randy Edsall have received plenty of praise for their recruiting work in ACC circles, but the buzz may start carrying beyond league borders soon — specifically for Virginia, who is one of the conference’s teams in the top 20.
  • Florida State has already been pulling down top classes for the last few years, but given how this season is shaping out thus far, the best may be yet to come. Nationally, they’ll be one of the schools to watch as recruiting heats up.
  • Duke and Georgia Tech seem to be moving in opposite directions, with the Blue Devils rising in each of the last two rankings, and the Wreck dropping (precipitously) in the last two.

Great post. Would love to hear people back/agree with/ignore the facts. No doubt it is going to be an interesting first season in the ACC.

Great post. Would love to hear people back/agree with/ignore the facts. No doubt it is going to be an interesting first season in the ACC.
Some excellent info there. Does anybody know which top recruits (other than Onudeko and Smith who I believe will never set foot on campus) SU is in the running for?

We have 16 openings right now. We have 9 commitments - they don't list Myles Hilliard.

The 2.75 star average puts Syracuse at #10 in the ACC.

Based on ********** information through September 26, Syracuse is dead last when compared to # recruits for '13 with its new ACC brethren. For example, on a national rank basis Syracuse is in the 70's--albeit there are still a few top notch players thinking about 'Cuse--but Pitt for example is ranked in the 40's. It is not going to be easy to compete in the ACC with this type of recruiting...note the ACC is only behind the SEC in talent committed. HOW DO WE GET BETTER:
Included below are the ********** rankings for all 14 ACC schools. The number to the left is each program’s national rank. Obviously, these figures can and will change over time, since these commitments are still tentative. Additional thoughts are also below.

Thanks, as always, for reading, man. If possible, please just cite Atlantic Coast Convos next time :) Full article (which this text captures) is here.

That is really deceptive. If we get a couple of 4 stars (and at least one is very possible), that brings our average to 3.0 which puts us at 8th, barely below the 7th. Unlikely? Maybe, but it points out that we are not really that far off as the numbers appear. Check when the class is done

That is really deceptive. If we get a couple of 4 stars (and at least one is very possible), that brings our average to 3.0 which puts us at 8th, barely below the 7th. Unlikely? Maybe, but it points out that we are not really that far off as the numbers appear. Check when the class is done

The rankings aren't just based on number of players and average, either. It's the total points that Rivals assigns to each recruit. For additional reference, Syracuse has 480 points, while Wake has 675.

Definitely agree that this class still gets an "incomplete" however. Lots of recruiting still to be done.

The rankings aren't just based on number of players and average, either. It's the total points that Rivals assigns to each recruit. For additional reference, Syracuse has 480 points, while Wake has 675.

Definitely agree that this class still gets an "incomplete" however. Lots of recruiting still to be done.

Wake has 4 more recruits. More recruits = more points.

If SU had twice as many recruits, they'd have twice as many points, and be ranked in the Top 50.

Thanks, as always, for reading, man. If possible, please just cite Atlantic Coast Convos next time :) Full article (which this text captures) is here.
John, sorry about that...you are the man!...and for all of Syracusefan.com...this is one of the best sources for information on the ACC including 'Cuse and Pitt