Thought the question by Waters about effort was sort of weird | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Thought the question by Waters about effort was sort of weird

I’m hopeful we will eventually see the Cornell Bell. And I agree JB is losing some patience with him and Benny. The only thing that worries me about Brown, which has nothing to do with Browns abilities and intangibles is that he’s a post player right now. As is Jessie. And Judah is a player that likes to penetrate into the lane. I worry that there will be so much traffic inside it will minimize their effectiveness offensively.

Yeah, that's fair. Once Judah can have better decision making with help defense/second level defense, I'd feel more comfortable with less shooters. He's not making A+ decisions there. He has to keep getting better and I think that would give JB more flex to the concerns you rightly have.

Maybe Bell will keep getting better, but I just want to see more for a guy that JB is giving so much run to, fingers crossed.

BTW, side note, Brown's vision and passing is legit.

Just need to beat BC. One game at a time.

I worry that there will be so much traffic inside it will minimize their effectiveness offensively.
Right, and the offensive philosophy at Syracuse isn't very conducive to post-players.

When first half effort is a consistent problem, who is at fault, the players or the coaches?
Cue the old man high school story: We had one "effort" type of contest my junior year. We never wanted to have another one after the first practice after that game, which was moved up from the Saturday 8:00 am tume to 6:00 am. This, after we had to sit and get harangued by the coach for 30 minutes after the game for our lack of effort before hitting the showers.
You can probably see where I'm coming out on my question posed above. One lack of effort game is probably on the players. Multiple times it's on the coach(es).

I mean, let's be real, in our best years, maybe Mintz and Jesse are starting, right?

I think JT will be good down the line and I think he can contribute, just not consistently now. I am down huge on Bell. I think he's severely limited.

I think Brown should start.

I think JT and Q should continue to get burn.

Benny is what he is. I'm hoping he keeps getting incrementally better. I just wish he wasn't starting.
I think with traditional good SU teams, maybe Jesse starts. Judah would be 3rd or 4th guard, coming in to really go at the other team’s second line. Bell and Brown and maybe JT are not on the team. Joe is a hired gun. Come in, take some shots. If he’s hot, he stays, if not, quick hook. Q is intriguing enough at his size to be seen as a developmental guy.

When first half effort is a consistent problem, who is at fault, the players or the coaches?
Cue the old man high school story: We had one "effort" type of contest my junior year. We never wanted to have another one after the first practice after that game, which was moved up from the Saturday 8:00 am tume to 6:00 am. This, after we had to sit and get harangued by the coach for 30 minutes after the game for our lack of effort before hitting the showers.
You can probably see where I'm coming out on my question posed above. One lack of effort game is probably on the players. Multiple times it's on the coach(es).
I think it’s on the coaches for recruiting non-competitive players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom