Thoughts After Watching Replay... | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts After Watching Replay...

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Reddish had a terrific game at CB. Great closing speed and anticipation. Going to be a special player for us. He was also really bad on special teams, losing outside contain on both long punt returns.

The NW secondary was unbelievably bad. They have some weapons on offense but it is hard for me to imagine them winning many Big Ten games. Wow.

Lots of bad calls in the game. They called a roughing the passer on Spruill when he brushed by the QB, clearly holding up to avoid hard contact but made no call when a NW player blatently speared Nassib in his solar plexus with his helmet. That was the play where Ryan was hurt.

Eskridge was blatently facemasked by the ball carrier on the play where he was injured.

Gulley was facemasked on another play around the 20 yard line in the fourth quarter. He broke loose from the scumbag who tried to break his neck and got a decent gain but...what the hell.

The final NW TD should not have been a TD. The NW receiver was bobbling the ball as he stepped out of bounds. Did not have control of it until he was well OB. Was it a Big Ten crew?

Galloway should at least know how to pronounce the names of the starting QBs in the game he is supposed to be providing expert commentary for. Worse, where was the director to correct him after the first time he screwed Nassib's name up? He never got it right, mispronounced it dozens of times.

The final NW TD should not have been a TD. The NW receiver was bobbling the ball as he stepped out of bounds. Did not have control of it until he was well OB. Was it a Big Ten crew?

When I re-watched the game, I thought it was a bobble too. He clearly secured the ball only after stepping out of bounds. He re-adjusted the ball between the time that his foot was inbounds and when he stepped out. It was a B1G crew and I'm shocked Marrone praised them. I thought they did a poor job. I also thought we got a break on one or two of the pass interference calls deep.

Galloway should at least know how to pronounce the names of the starting QBs in the game he is supposed to be providing expert commentary for. Worse, where was the director to correct him after the first time he screwed Nassib's name up? He never got it right, mispronounced it dozens of times.
I'm always baffled when they don't correct things like that. Why wear head-sets if the truck doesn't call in immediately to correct the people in the booth on pronunciation? I did like how openly critical he was of the personal foul call, though.

Yes Reddish had a tremendous game on defense. He is our best DB thus why he has the wide side. I was perplexed and livid when he was left on the sideline after having to come out for his helmet coming off.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

What really, he was bobbling the freaking ball!!! GD. Did I say GD.

Karma score after Toledo is all even, lets go forward...

Wow. I had no idea there was any real question about that last TD.

Jeesh.

What really, he was bobbling the freaking ball!!! GD. Did I say GD.

Karma score after Toledo is all even, lets go forward...

Didn't they even review that play?

Northwestern's secondary is really bad. If SU had been able to figure this out earlier the offensive numbers might have been astronomical.

On NU's game winning TD the ball did move in the receiver's hands as he went out of bounds.

Reddish looks great. So does Eskridge.

I never saw a view other than from the back. Did they show a replay from another angle?

Didn't they even review that play?

I think they did.

I couldn't understand why at the time - it was in front of us and he seemed to be well within the endzone.

I didn't notice the bobbling of the ball.

Reddish looks great. So does Eskridge.

Two future stars.

I must have been doubled over at that point.

I think they did.

I couldn't understand why at the time - it was in front of us and he seemed to be well within the endzone.

I didn't notice the bobbling of the ball.

One of those things where figuring out when exactly he had possession versus where his feet were...and no angles shown on TV were close to showing that.

Not that controversial, IMO.

Have the rules changed so that there are no longer any challanges?