Thoughts, comments, etc. | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts, comments, etc.

Marsh01

Living Legend
Tough one today. I haven't been this depressed walking out of the dome for a football game in many years. We literally handed them this game on a silver platter.

For all of the DM needs to go posts, stop. You know this program has turned the corner post Captain Kangaroo as we are now supposed to win these types of games. This team never quits and has never quitted on a game this year. They play hard for 60+ minutes and noone can say they do not play hard.

With that said, there were some head scratching moments today that I just can't let go. Some of the play calling was really suspect. Throwing on the 5 yard line (yes I know the receiver should have caught it) when we probably would have run it in, the roughing the punter play when we should have clearly had the return called and many more that have been mentioned. I felt like I was watching someone play a video game and calling the same play every time with the short slant passes we were calling for Lemon and Chew. Why not use Bailey out of the backfield? Did we even do that once? Why not run Bailey on 3rd and 1 in OT?

Nassib clearly was not right today. He missed Chew on a deep pass in the first quarter and didnt have the touch on some of the shorter to mid length passes that he usually has. I thought we would have called more play action passes and have Nassib throw more on the run. They were pretty much selling out the blitz on a lot of plays and we should have been able to audible to a play that would have exposed that.

The blocking for the kicking game was really abysmal. I didnt realize this (I heard that Matt Park mentioned it) that Chandler Jones blocks on kicking attempts? I guess I never noticed this. Maybe his replacement was the one getting exposed? Just found it odd that they were basically getting through our row of blockers at will. Very frustrating.

The defense was really impressive today and I thought our DB's and safety's played the deep pass much better. We were able to shut down their running game and never really gave up a huge play. Davis is really going to be something special. That hit was just awesome.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I thought while the play was happening and now that we should have went for it on 4th and inches from the 1 1/2 yard line. Yes if we didnt make it we probably would have lost but a QB sneak for a 1/2 a yard (which would have resulted in a 1st and goal from the 1) seemed pretty attainable. I was pretty disappointed we kicked there.

The crowd was pretty good and at times very loud. Thanks again to the university for making it a living hell to get to my parking lot. Why certain streets are closed off are a mystery to me and the cops who are directing traffic are about as pleasant as a death row corrections officer. Drives me crazy. Oh and stop piping in music prior to every play. It sounded and felt like an NBA game which is not what I am looking for when I go to the dome.

Marrone obviously shouldn't be fired, but what corner exactly did we turn? Granted were not as bad as were in the GROB years, but people here act like we're a big time program again. Unless recruiting improves drastically, this is what we'll be looking at it for the near future. Add in a tougher schedule in the ACC and were a 4-5 win team.

Traffic after the game would flow much better if there were NO COPS directing traffic. Just use the damn lights. They send you all over hell out of your way to get off the hill. It's not that hard to do.

Marrone obviously shouldn't be fired, but what corner exactly did we turn? Granted were not as bad as were in the GROB years, but people here act like we're a big time program again. Unless recruiting improves drastically, this is what we'll be looking at it for the near future. Add in a tougher schedule in the ACC and were a 4-5 win team.
Captain Kangaroo set this program back to the stone ages. What DM has done in less than 3 years given all of the injuries, departures, etc is truly amazing. There is a lot of young talent on this team (especially on the defensive side of the ball). I think its the opposite. Get to the ACC which will hopefully bring in a higher level of recruits and were an 8-9 win team.

Traffic after the game would flow much better if there were NO COPS directing traffic. Just use the damn lights. They send you all over hell out of your way to get off the hill. It's not that hard to do.

SU does everything they can to discourage attendance.

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

Jesus.

Too deep for you?

BTW, when SU was getting 45k for games, getting out of the Dome area was easier.

Captain Kangaroo set this program back to the stone ages. What DM has done in less than 3 years given all of the injuries, departures, etc is truly amazing. There is a lot of young talent on this team (especially on the defensive side of the ball). I think its the opposite. Get to the ACC which will hopefully bring in a higher level of recruits and were an 8-9 win team.

Is Capt. Kangaroo's last name Gross?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom