Thoughts on spring ball so far? | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on spring ball so far?

billsin01

All American
So I know there are articles and some twitter updates, but I was enjoying the secondary thread below and the thoughts RF and others shared on the secondary.

Anybody have any sort of access to practices or coaches that wants to share any nuggets or takeaways so far? So much secrecy around spring ball is a total bummer as far as us info-starved fans are concerned.

So I know there are articles and some twitter updates, but I was enjoying the secondary thread below and the thoughts RF and others shared on the secondary.

Anybody have any sort of access to practices or coaches that wants to share any nuggets or takeaways so far? So much secrecy around spring ball is a total bummer as far as us info-starved fans are concerned.
Info-starved? Try getting up at 5am on a Saturday only to realize there are no updates on Saturday practices. Talk about bubble being burst.

I like this thread. Its a good question. I think the teams energy and vibe is on another level relative to their first camp last spring. While Dino will always big league his players and say they have a long way to go (as i love dino, its a bit annoying) ; i believe down deep, he knows this team is ready to POP! Screw that year 2, game 4 thing, this team is practicing at a higher level. Hitting at a higher level, learning at a higher level and its gonna show come fall. The spacing of the spring practices is brilliant, more rest= more intensity per practice. Love the direction.

April 22 will give a glimpse
2nd week of Augustus will say more
And LSU game is the measuring stick

Not sure the spring game will give us a true barometer of where we are at. Its about getting all playing time and showcasing.

I like this thread. Its a good question. I think the teams energy and vibe is on another level relative to their first camp last spring. While Dino will always big league his players and say they have a long way to go (as i love dino, its a bit annoying) ; i believe down deep, he knows this team is ready to POP! Screw that year 2, game 4 thing, this team is practicing at a higher level. Hitting at a higher level, learning at a higher level and its gonna show come fall. The spacing of the spring practices is brilliant, more rest= more intensity per practice. Love the direction.

This is what I'm talking about! Spring practice used to be full of optimism, now it's just basically a dead period.

From the short videos, I have been impressed by Moe Neal's move to receiver. Be curious to hear other peoples thought's on that transition. Think he may surprise.

I'm most interested in these 3 things and only 1 of them will be addressed this spring:

1. Custis vs Butler for WR spot opp Ish
2. Tommy DeVito, how much does he push ED
3. Markenzy Pierre looking like a beast and possible #1 RB
#2 and #3 have nothing to do with spring ball. Neither TD or MP is on campus and aren't due until summer.

upload_2017-4-6_15-20-8.jpeg

While I think spring ball is fun and like to take my kids to the spring game, I don't put anything in it anymore. I used to be info-starved after the Grob debacle but I've learned over the years that it's very hard to get an outsiders perspective during spring ball. What I mean is, you have hometown reporters covering only us, only our fanbase inputting info, and our players going up against our players. It's all done in a vacuum and at the end of the day, a great spring game doesn't mean squat when fall comes around. I think it might give a glimpse into some player progression but I don't feel like it's a good measure of offense or defense as a whole.

While I think spring ball is fun and like to take my kids to the spring game, I don't put anything in it anymore. I used to be info-starved after the Grob debacle but I've learned over the years that it's very hard to get an outsiders perspective during spring ball. What I mean is, you have hometown reporters covering only us, only our fanbase inputting info, and our players going up against our players. It's all done in a vacuum and at the end of the day, a great spring game doesn't mean squat when fall comes around. I think it might give a glimpse into some player progression but I don't feel like it's a good measure of offense or defense as a whole.
I used to like the Coach P spring practices when he'd scrimmage with two QBs on each team. You could get a good idea of who had it and who likely wouldn't cut it. Saw some excellent arms and some not so. One of the best I ever saw wast the transfer from California who never ended up playing - he was throwing some nice balls to I believe a WR from a local two year school. Thought those two would be a dynamic tandem but not to be.

I used to like the Coach P spring practices when he'd scrimmage with two QBs on each team. You could get a good idea of who had it and who likely wouldn't cut it. Saw some excellent arms and some not so. One of the best I ever saw wast the transfer from California who never ended up playing - he was throwing some nice balls to I believe a WR from a local two year school. Thought those two would be a dynamic tandem but not to be.
I remember matt hale looked like joe Montana in a spring game

Chad Elliot