Thoughts/Questions on Norcross | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts/Questions on Norcross

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
Looking at stats and ratings for potential RB targets.

Are we still after Boyd? The ex-gf has him rated as the 125th RB vs his teammate Autry ranked 31st whom we are also supposed to have offered.

Stats:
Boyd 99 Carries 767 yards 8 TD's long 59
Autry 24 carries 74 yards 0 TD's long 17

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/norcross-blue-devils-(norcross,ga)/football/stats.htm

Why would we want the higher rated guy?

Also, they have a WR Clinton Lynch who is having a very nice year and curious if he's any relation to Cam Lynch or if we have interest in him?

Norcross isn't that far from Lawrenceville which is where Cam is from so it is very possible they could be related ... Boyd is a good back but I don't see him going to SU .. we don't have a shot at Autry and I don't think we have been chasing him for a while. Autry blew his knee out a while ago and wasn't even cleared to see the field until the last week of August ... I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the maxpreps numbers, Autry is considered to be one of the best returners in the nation ... he compares favorably with Ted Ginn Jr.

Looking at stats and ratings for potential RB targets.

Are we still after Boyd? The ex-gf has him rated as the 125th RB vs his teammate Autry ranked 31st whom we are also supposed to have offered.

Stats:
Boyd 99 Carries 767 yards 8 TD's long 59
Autry 24 carries 74 yards 0 TD's long 17

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/norcross-blue-devils-(norcross,ga)/football/stats.htm

Why would we want the higher rated guy?

Also, they have a WR Clinton Lynch who is having a very nice year and curious if he's any relation to Cam Lynch or if we have interest in him?

Because rankings really don't matter. Coaches are way better evaluators than the scoot, riveals and 247 desk jockeys.

Because rankings really don't matter. Coaches are way better evaluators than the scoot, riveals and 247 desk jockeys.

I know this but those rankings seem especially comical givin the fact that those guys play on the same team and their production is worlds apart.