Three consecutive games…. | Syracusefan.com

Three consecutive games….

The lateral movement/quickness for our starting 1-4 leaves A LOT to be desired. Gonna be lots of open looks for guys all year long, unless Symir and Benny can provide some relief, which would also involve them not being atrocious on offense.

I do think we will rebound ok. We get a lot of tips and deflections and so far it looks like we’re better on the boards than we were last year despite the major athletic difference.

Even if this team masters the rotations to perfection, it still won’t be good enough. We don’t have the athletes or quickness to cover space.

We will have to score 75 to win. We’re going to give up a lot of points this year and even if a team struggles to score against us it’ll be most likely just because they’re missing open shots.

Right now we have way more weaknesses than strengths. I do think we’ll have a lot of nights like tonight this year where we shoot it very well. The problem is we do nothing else well so if we aren’t shooting we stand no chance against any decent team

That the opponent has set a season high for made 3s. We gave up 15 tonight. Good god.

The zone induces more three-point shots on average. Not a shocker.

That the opponent has set a season high for made 3s. We gave up 15 tonight. Good god.

I thought tonight was more about them than us. I saw a lot of 3’s made in the 2nd half where we did have a guy flying at them with a hand up. And in the 1st half they made a couple that seemed deeper than NBA 3 range. We’re never gonna chase that far out.

I thought tonight was more about them than us. I saw a lot of 3’s made in the 2nd half where we did have a guy flying at them with a hand up. And in the 1st half they made a couple that seemed deeper than NBA 3 range. We’re never gonna chase that far out.
You are going to give up a lot of threes when teams shoot 40’of them

offense needs to score.. even in scoring 90+ we missed about 7-8 in the first half around the basket. and the VCU game started with a couple missed layups and a missed dunk that would have put us up 10 at the half. we dont really have a team that finishes around the basket.

Well, in a very early part of the season, that’s just going to happen, since it’s a small sample size, so one of their games is going to be that game.

But yeah - the fact that it’s us, is no bueno.

The guards need to stop cheating down to disrupt the guy at the free throw line. That’s foolish. Stay with the shooters. And if you’re going to cheat down, you better actually attempt to disrupt the guy. Buddy and Joe just turn around and stare at him.

The guards need to stop cheating down to disrupt the guy at the free throw line. That’s foolish. Stay with the shooters. And if you’re going to cheat down, you better actually attempt to disrupt the guy. Buddy and Joe just turn around and stare at him.
I think it depends who the guy at the foul line is. Jabari Smith will be there today and they can’t allow him to get a clean catch and be one-on-one with Jesse

This is what happens when you lack quickness and athleticism. Defending with slow footed players is going to result in a lot of open uncontested shots. Going to be a problem all season.

Were #1. This was before today and another 12 threes.

1637976502412.png

Think about this, if we can't play 3 days in a row, what about the ACC tourney where we're going to need to win 4 (optimistic) or 5 days in a row to make the NCAAs.

You would think Colgate did, too.

Notice how Jesse has been able to stay in the game the last couple games?
It's because of using the weak side guard to cover the guy at the foul line.
Otherwise, if somebody makes the entry pass to the post, it's always 2 vs. 1 against our center.

Think about this, if we can't play 3 days in a row, what about the ACC tourney where we're going to need to win 4 (optimistic) or 5 days in a row to make the NCAAs.
imo. Its not just 3's. It's FG% and most games lack of turnovers or rebounding.
Right now, this team cant win 3 days in a row in the acc, until the defense gets much better at 2 positions not named Jessie. At the moment, they might be able to play 5 guys 37 minutes and win 2 straight games though.imo.

We have played bad 9 out of 12 halfs defensively the last 6 games, and really bad about 7-8 out of the 9.

Our 3rd forward is not ready defensively nor offensively on a team that really needs defense and rebounding there. We Need to work the heck out of 3rd forward spot including Frank and Ajax if need be.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom