Three weeks until opening kickoff | Syracusefan.com

Three weeks until opening kickoff

RF2044

Living Legend
Just occurred to me on August 12th that we are 21 days from our first game!

Can't wait to see what Garret Shrader and the team can do as a follow up act to last year. I don't think I've ever been more excited than going to Clemson undefeated, believing that we had a legitimate chance to take them down.

Here's hoping for an even better 2023!

For the record, I think we're going to win 8 or 9 regular season games this year. We'll find out in 3 weeks!

Let's Go Orange!!!

I always get excited for the start of SU football season. Oft times irrationally!

I wish there was more news (any news?) coming out of camp. The info blackout makes it really hard to get invested before the first kickoff. At least in the NFL there are open practices early on, and pre-season games, to provide fodder for discussion.

To me, the season hinges on Shrader. If he can stay healthy (critical), use his legs as weapons (something that injuries seemed to derail last year), and improve his passing a bit, then I think there’s an opportunity for us to do OK.

Can't wait to see what Garret Shrader and the team can do as a follow up act to last year. I don't think I've ever been more excited than going to Clemson undefeated, believing that we had a legitimate chance to take them down.

For the record, I think we're going to win 8 or 9 regular season games this year. We'll find out in 3 weeks!

Let's Go Orange!!!

This is about the window where I convince myself we can go undefeated and win a title.

Don't care if it's irrational.

I will say, we beat Purdue and Army and are sitting at 4-0, you will be hearing proclamation from me that are insane.

My three keys are:
>> Health, especially at the QB position
>> OL being above average
>> Stopping the run

Let's go.

Stay healthy and we’ll be competitive in most all these games. Not so sure about FSU but I don’t see why we can’t have a shot in the others

Yes can't wait! Also will be good for everyone before insanity sets in around the non stop super conference fretting.

I have read all the previews, golfed as much as I could possibly golf this summer, done the family vacations, hell I even bought a puppy, now all the distractions are gone and now time will drag. For all the BS in college football I still can’t wait till opening Saturday in the Dome!

I always get excited for the start of SU football season. Oft times irrationally!

I wish there was more news (any news?) coming out of camp. The info blackout makes it really hard to get invested before the first kickoff. At least in the NFL there are open practices early on, and pre-season games, to provide fodder for discussion.

To me, the season hinges on Shrader. If he can stay healthy (critical), use his legs as weapons (something that injuries seemed to derail last year), and improve his passing a bit, then I think there’s an opportunity for us to do OK.
If Shrader has the same completion percentage and yds per pass, and has 10 more attempts per game, it will be a huge season.

SU needs to run 75 not 62 plays per game. Way too slow paced.

Gameday...Clemson
Possibly. If us and Clemson are undefeated we have a shot. Clemson needs to beat Fl state the week before. Would think there are likely to be lots of teams undefeated though after beating on cupcakes at that point in the season.

dont start popping pills
200.gif

Yeah I definitely wish we could get some more info from camp. It's honestly hard to get invested in college football given all the realignment news + the secrecy that some teams operate nowadays.

But I think SU will have a solid year assuming that the O-line is serviceable and Shrader stays healthy

Possibly. If us and Clemson are undefeated we have a shot. Clemson needs to beat Fl state the week before. Would think there are likely to be lots of teams undefeated though after beating on cupcakes at that point in the season.
LSU needs to bury FSU at the beginning of the season. I never root against teams in our league when playing outside competition. But I'm making an exception in this case.
When we were in the Big East would root for Georgetown against teams outside our conference, because it helped our seeding.

I looked at the schedule for that week. If Nebraska beats Minny in week 1, they have a good shot at being 4-0 going into their game with Michigan in Lincoln in week 5. I don’t see any other great option that week. South Carolina will lose to UGA before they play at Tennessee in week 5. If both SU and Clemson are 4-0 I think we just may host Gameday.

Let's Go Orange!!!

3 weeks out.

No marketing or effort into pushing that into the veins of the community. If I went up to 100 people today and asked when SU plays football next and against who - it would be 0/100 answers.

How a school that charges 80k for degrees cant pump out one capable person of putting together a cogent marketing plan for the community is laughable.

3 weeks out.

No marketing or effort into pushing that into the veins of the community. If I went up to 100 people today and asked when SU plays football next and against who - it would be 0/100 answers.

How a school that charges 80k for degrees cant pump out one capable person of putting together a cogent marketing plan for the community is laughable.
It would help if the first game of the year wasnt colgate