Three weeks | Syracusefan.com

Three weeks

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Until signing day:

Going to have to re-recruit 50% of the class

Provo is being re-recruited as well.

Outside a few kids we have to re-recruit everyone.

This is going to be a very bad class overall.

I also think that the kids we land between now and signing day are going to be high-risk types.

Just my opinion (and I probably am way off base), but I do not think HCDM was 100% committed to this season.

Just my opinion (and I probably am way off base), but I do not think HCDM was 100% committed to this season.

Agree 100%, you just dont get the itch. My guess is he knew sometime last season

Until signing day:

I also think that the kids we land between now and signing day are going to be high-risk types.

Or, he found that he couldn't get the kids he wanted and looked for a way out. presto. 6 wins in 7 games. The thing is, last year we were coming off a fold. Not this year.

Shafer will be racking up the air miles starting Monday!

Until signing day:

We probably would have won seven straight instead of six of seven if he was committed. Think about what you're saying. Winning was helpful in Marrone landing his "dream job" in Buffalo.

Kids aren't buying into the fire breathing press conference. Hiring a Mac level coach is going to have Mac level results. So disappointed.

We probably would have won seven straight instead of six of seven if he was committed. Think about what you're saying. Winning was helpful in Marrone landing his "dream job" in Buffalo.

Was he commited to recruiting?

Kids aren't buying into the fire breathing press conference. Hiring a Mac level coach is going to have Mac level results. So disappointed.

I agree. I think he'll be just like Coach MacPherson.

Oh, that's not what you meant?

Where does that come from?

He hasn't been in the MAC in 6/7 years. A BCS coordinator was elevated to a BCS head coach. Wow what a shock.

Who do you think the candidate pool is for the HC at SU? It's BCS and NFL coordinators, and MAC/CUSA HC's.

Shafer is exactly the kind of guy who gets this kind of job.

Until signing day:

That's goofy, he wasn't gone until he was gone, he didn't get contacted until the last couple of weeks of the season.

He didn't know he had the next job, until he had the next job, which was less than a week ago. It's was always in his interest to recruit as well as he could, he had no way of knowing if he was going to be here or not next season.

I think Marrone has been eyeing the Buffalo job for some time.

Where does that come from?

He hasn't been in the MAC in 6/7 years. A BCS coordinator was elevated to a BCS head coach. Wow what a shock.

Who do you think the candidate pool is for the HC at SU? It's BCS and NFL coordinators, and MAC/CUSA HC's.

Shafer is exactly the kind of guy who gets this kind of job.

Ex coach was wanted by nfl. New coach was wanted by Western Michigan. Gross explained the hire saying he wanted a smooth transition and keep the momentum going. Instead we get uncertainty and look weak with recruits not buying in. I loved the press conference but talk is cheap and actions are speaking pretty loudly right now.

Ex coach was wanted by nfl. New coach was wanted by Western Michigan. Gross explained the hire saying he wanted a smooth transition and keep the momentum going. Instead we get uncertainty and look weak with recruits not buying in. I loved the press conference but talk is cheap and actions are speaking pretty loudly right now.

And what's the reaction of recruits if you bring in an outside HC? That creates more uncertainty.

Are you saying if they hired a guy like Diaco he's bringing recruits with from ND?

You mean the Coach Mac that had an undefeated season at Syracuse???? I WILL take Coach Mac results.

You must not be serious. Terrific coaches come out of the MAC.

What actions? Isn't it a dead period? I don't think Shaf was even allowed to reach out to ZA.

We weren't getting Hack after the Buffalo job (which, imo, was known PRIOR to Shaf getting the job). Once Marrone and Hack left, there was no coach that was keeping ZA.

Gross never said he chose Shaf to be able to keep ZA.

You must not be serious. Terrific coaches come out of the MAC.

Of course some coaches that come out of the MAC are terrific. A lot more are poor to mediocre.

The only other known interest in Shafer as HC was from Western Michigan. Are you denying that?

Look at this way, if he was a recruit and his only other interest was from Western Michigan, people would have doubts. But since he is a coach people think we have the next Coach Mac.

Is the program that bad that we have to accept that with a smile on our face? Especially since we were sold the story that this coach was going to keep everything Marrone put together going? Well that's not the case.

What actions? Isn't it a dead period? I don't think Shaf was even allowed to reach out to ZA.

We weren't getting Hack after the Buffalo job (which, imo, was known PRIOR to Shaf getting the job). Once Marrone and Hack left, there was no coach that was keeping ZA.

Gross never said he chose Shaf to be able to keep ZA.

If Shafer wasn't allowed to talk to ZA then how was TCU?

What kind of sense does that make?

Hope the kid brings TCU some recruiting violations.

Pretty sure kids can initiate contact during a dead period.

Lol. How the f did you come up with this?

Lol. How the f did you come up with this?

Oh I don't know, the recruit who was the biggest ambassador of our school and was working to keep our other recruits together decided to he would rather go to TCU than keep his word and come here. He obviously isn't buying into what Coach Shafer is selling. Let's see what other dominoes fall.

If I'm wrong and the rest of the class stays together OR gets better, I'll mea culpa on here. If I'm right, well you better hope I'm not.

I'm convinced that Gus, Provo and Smith will be signing elsewhere come LOI day. The only skill position recruit that's been discussed on the board that will sign will be Wilson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom