Three weeks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Three weeks

I'm convinced that Gus, Provo and Smith will be signing elsewhere come LOI day. The only skill position recruit that's been discussed on the board that will sign will be Wilson.

Smith will be the biggest loss, would have helped improve team speed. However there's plenty of depth at TB. And RB's can play right away so any issues can be addressed in the next class, not an immediate need.

Wales has two more years and Thompson and Parris have four. TE can be addressed next year as well.

Bottomline there isn't a crisis at QB, TB, or TE. It can be managed.

Smith will be the biggest loss, would have helped improve team speed. However there's plenty of depth at TB. And RB's can play right away so any issues can be addressed in the next class, not an immediate need.

Wales has two more years and Thompson and Parris have four. TE can be addressed next year as well.

Bottomline there isn't a crisis at QB, TB, or TE. It can be managed.
But how's thompson's hip? Is it going to be a full recovery or will he be limited?

Of course some coaches that come out of the MAC are terrific. A lot more are poor to mediocre.

The only other known interest in Shafer as HC was from Western Michigan. Are you denying that?

Look at this way, if he was a recruit and his only other interest was from Western Michigan, people would have doubts. But since he is a coach people think we have the next Coach Mac.

Is the program that bad that we have to accept that with a smile on our face? Especially since we were sold the story that this coach was going to keep everything Marrone put together going? Well that's not the case.
I respectfully disagree with your take on this. Once Doug took Hackett with him, some recruits were going to rethink their options. Shafer is a reasonable hire that is popular with a lot of players. A coaching change results in disruption in recruiting & assistants unless the program itself is overwhelmingly attractive. If Doug had gotten us back to being a top 25 program before he left, it may have been different but we're a work in progress with a significant coaching change.

Dead Period ended. Friday was the 1st day of a LONG contact period. If ZA visited TCU on Friday or today, that's allowed.

Of course some coaches that come out of the MAC are terrific. A lot more are poor to mediocre.

The only other known interest in Shafer as HC was from Western Michigan. Are you denying that?

Look at this way, if he was a recruit and his only other interest was from Western Michigan, people would have doubts. But since he is a coach people think we have the next Coach Mac.

Is the program that bad that we have to accept that with a smile on our face? Especially since we were sold the story that this coach was going to keep everything Marrone put together going? Well that's not the case.

I do not have the all seeing knowledge to know what Shafer was offered or not offered. Moreover, it does not matter. What matters is whether or not he can coach at D! level and he has already proven that. Harbough thought enough of him to make him Assistant Head Coach. You will pardon me if I value that higher than your assessment. IMO Shafer will be great and much better than some retread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom