Three year projection, assuming he is as healthy as Nassib | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Three year projection, assuming he is as healthy as Nassib

that's the game I realized (after serious concerns to the contrary) that it was possible to resurrect the program. Specifically that wheel route he ran to pull that one out.

Quaker Steak

How did you project DeVito's record?

Because it’s reasonable given what we know and recent history in the program. I certainly hope the program is three or four games better over three years than it was post Grob or immediately after Shafer. If not, what’s the big deal about Babers?

1568842010274.jpeg

Quaker Steak
ha too friggin funny, guess where I was today for lunch kid you not? The new incarnation of it! Looks like a great place to watch some games.

Because it’s reasonable given what we know and recent history in the program. I certainly hope the program is three or four games better over three years than it was post Grob or immediately after Shafer. If not, what’s the big deal about Babers?
OK, so you based it on an expectation around head coach performance. Makes sense.

I think an even more optimistic projection can be made when you consider schedule though. Over DeVito's time as a starter, he should get 2 more OOC wins this season. Next season's OOC has our P5 as Rutgers, then a bunch of tomato cans. If ever there's a time to go 4-0 OOC, that's it. The following season, we have Rutgers as the P5 and play @ Ohio, so we won't go on the road and should line up a tomato can at home. It's not crazy to speculate that outside of bowl games, there's a decent chance DeVito has already lost every OOC game he'll play in here. The rest are wins.

If that holds, it all comes down to how well we think we can perform in conference. If OOC goes the way we've "strategically scheduled" it to go, DeVito could have a losing conference record and top your projected 24 wins. You did say "or more" but I think there's a strong chance for upside.

Rumor has it that Alec Lemon is still running wide open through the Missouri secondary to this day.

Nassib doesn't get talked about nearly enough but man what'd I'd give to have another Alec Lemon at WR this year or any year really.

One of my favorite Syracuse football memories was leaving Mizzou’s stadium, listening to two of their fans complaining “All they had to do was stop #15!!!” Lemon was a monster in that game.

OK, so you based it on an expectation around head coach performance. Makes sense.

I think an even more optimistic projection can be made when you consider schedule though. Over DeVito's time as a starter, he should get 2 more OOC wins this season. Next season's OOC has our P5 as Rutgers, then a bunch of tomato cans. If ever there's a time to go 4-0 OOC, that's it. The following season, we have Rutgers as the P5 and play @ Ohio, so we won't go on the road and should line up a tomato can at home. It's not crazy to speculate that outside of bowl games, there's a decent chance DeVito has already lost every OOC game he'll play in here. The rest are wins.

If that holds, it all comes down to how well we think we can perform in conference. If OOC goes the way we've "strategically scheduled" it to go, DeVito could have a losing conference record and top your projected 24 wins. You did say "or more" but I think there's a strong chance for upside.
I was being conservative

Sr Nassib, especially after we got Pugh back after week 4 was exactly what anyone could hope for from the QB position. It seemed like that offense the last half of the season was as good as we have had the last 20 year. 2012 was a few plays away from being a monster year.

ridiculous to judge qbs not accounting for the talent that surrounds them. ain't oranges to oranges.

I spend a lot of time on this board and I’m kinda dumbfounded that some said that the 2012 season is under appreciated. One would think we finished 12-1 that year by the way people wax nostalgic about it to this day.

One of my favorite Syracuse football memories was leaving Mizzou’s stadium, listening to two of their fans complaining “All they had to do was stop #15!!!” Lemon was a monster in that game.

Alec had 12 catches for 244 yards and 2 TDs that day including the game winner with 20 seconds to play. Sales had 8 catches that game also.

...2012 was a few plays away from being a monster year.

If either SU had showed up in the first half against Northwestern or Keon Lyn had showed a little restraint in not popping the receiver near the sideline (or the ref had not flagged what was a borderline call at worst), and

If Pugh didn't slip and give the Rutgers guy the chance to block the field goal that was returned for a touchdown, and

If the Big East refs weren't totally in the bag for Cincinnati,

then that would have been a really special season.

Granted, after 10-2 we'd have played a much better team than WVU in the bowl. But given how the offense was humming and how good Marrone was with some preparation time, I think we could've played with anybody at that point.

Schedule has to factor in too when evaluating records.

Schedule has to factor in too when evaluating records.
For sure. My point is more that at least when it comes to OOC, our future schedule is positioned in favor of highly likely wins. Finally.

If we switched the time that Eric Dungey and Ryan Nassib spent at SU, I'm pretty sure Nassib would have put up top 10 QB in the country type numbers. Imagine him under Dino. Would've been incredible.

I spend a lot of time on this board and I’m kinda dumbfounded that some said that the 2012 season is under appreciated. One would think we finished 12-1 that year by the way people wax nostalgic about it to this day.
so many years of god awful offense made people fall in love - we were like ex cons who just spend 10 years in the clink falling madly in love with a decent stripper

If either SU had showed up in the first half against Northwestern or Keon Lyn had showed a little restraint in not popping the receiver near the sideline (or the ref had not flagged what was a borderline call at worst), and

If Pugh didn't slip and give the Rutgers guy the chance to block the field goal that was returned for a touchdown, and

If the Big East refs weren't totally in the bag for Cincinnati,

then that would have been a really special season.

Granted, after 10-2 we'd have played a much better team than WVU in the bowl. But given how the offense was humming and how good Marrone was with some preparation time, I think we could've played with anybody at that point.

I was confident we were a top 15-20 team by the end of the season. That Cincinnati game still gets me with the horrible officiating.

Sure the overall record was nothing special, but the way we ended the season I think it was pretty obvious that was a top 15-20 team.