Three year projection, assuming he is as healthy as Nassib | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Three year projection, assuming he is as healthy as Nassib

We have unfortunately been banging that drum for 4 years now. Why we refuse to do it is mind boggling.
this offense attacks outside. receivers split closer to the sidelines. when teams cheat over, that's when they should run well inside. instead of fretting about the middle of the field, i want to see more screens

we need to be able to run inside when the numbers are in our favor

this offense attacks outside. receivers split closer to the sidelines. when teams cheat over, that's when they should run well inside. instead of fretting about the middle of the field, i want to see more screens

Yup good point about being able to run. We have a pretty good stable of backs that we haven't gotten going outside of Liberty for obvious reasons. Screens can help but we need to vary it up a bit a tunnel screen when teams are blitzing can pick up a huge chunk and going back to pounding the WR screens a bit open up things downfield could really help Devito

That's what's driving me crazy. We spread the whole field out, and the 5 or 6 defenders in the box stop the run for no more than a 3 yard gain.

Fix that and a lot of other good things open up.

that's the game I realized (after serious concerns to the contrary) that it was possible to resurrect the program. Specifically that wheel route he ran to pull that one out.
Cuseregular ImperialOrange

This summer I was in Maine and took my daughter on a twilight sailing trip out of our resort. There were only 6 spots on the boat, and the other 4 were a family from Missouri - a couple and their adult daughters. (One of them was doing a stint in Portland as a traveling nurse.) When the conversation turned to CFB and I told them I went to Syracuse and was a huge fan of the FB team, I was a nice guy and didn't bring up the game at MO. All I could think of was Alec Lemon and that game, but I didn't say a word.

That's what's driving me crazy. We spread the whole field out, and the 5 or 6 defenders in the box stop the run for no more than a 3 yard gain.

Fix that and a lot of other good things open up.

This. We’ve been waiting for that running game up the middle to work as it should for 4 years. It should be the thing that springs our offense into a machine. ED did that a bit last year by taking off up the middle. Have to get LBs moving laterally

We have unfortunately been banging that drum for 4 years now. Why we refuse to do it is mind boggling.

Is it just me or has it been forever since we had an elite tight end at Syracuse? I feel like thats a big problem for young QBs as the TEs tend to be a big easy target to find in that middle of the field. Mahar looks pretty good but it remains to be seen if he is an impact player at the position

I was confident we were a top 15-20 team by the end of the season. That Cincinnati game still gets me with the horrible officiating.

Yep. Turnovers killed them.

Devito ends up with a 24-15 record, at least.

Nassib was 21-17 in his three years as a starter.

For the games he appeared in Dungey (including games he didn't finish one way or another) SU was 21-18, 11-15 his first three.
IF DeVito loses 13 more games, Babers should be fired

Someone had a pick 6 go right through their hands in that Cinncy game. Philip Thomas maybe? Game turned after that.

I kinda think it was Reddish, who was more or less perfect beyond that. Or maybe he dropped one against SC?

Play of the game was that tailback dive pass play they ran where I think he was either over the line of scrimmage or had a few linemen downfield. Just a brutal game on so many fronts.

I kinda think it was Reddish, who was more or less perfect beyond that. Or maybe he dropped one against SC?

Play of the game was that tailback dive pass play they ran where I think he was either over the line of scrimmage or had a few linemen downfield. Just a brutal game on so many fronts.
Yep Reddish

They also left points on the field when a sure "pick-six" by Brandon Reddish was dropped in the third quarter.

Story

Someone had a pick 6 go right through their hands in that Cinncy game. Philip Thomas maybe? Game turned after that.

I don’t know how Reddish dropped that. I remember Travis Kelcie having himself a game, but there were so many opportunities

so many years of god awful offense made people fall in love - we were like ex cons who just spend 10 years in the clink falling madly in love with a decent stripper
bijou perfume and cheap thongs. the sweet smell of hope and desperation and 5 bucks in the g string.

We were told that TD was going to be an immediate improvement on Eric.

Now the conversation turns to projected three-year returns.

Getting closer to a rational argument, so there is that.

We were told that TD was going to be an immediate improvement on Eric.

Now the conversation turns to projected three-year returns.

Getting closer to a rational argument, so there is that.

Devito is going to be more than ok. His game is better suited to drive this offense like Dino wants to

This. We’ve been waiting for that running game up the middle to work as it should for 4 years. It should be the thing that springs our offense into a machine. ED did that a bit last year by taking off up the middle. Have to get LBs moving laterally

This is my biggest issue bar none.

This is my biggest issue bar none.
now that we have a better running back, the line isn't doing their job

it's not that hard to put together, it's frustrating to have to wait another year for everything to click

i sound like a pollyanna but i think next year is going to be great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom