Thru my 19 years of life, still baffled | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thru my 19 years of life, still baffled

Where did you come up with this equation? I'm not sure that the 8th or 9th player in a rotation needs ten minutes every game. Game situations dictate playing time and those players need to be ready when called upon.

No player can be effective, especially off the bench, when they know their first mistake will be their last. Tyler Roberson would be in the 8 man rotation at 99% of all college teams. Especially after a season ending injury to a player like Coleman. I actually feel for the kid because he knows that one miss step leads to a public, and most likely permanent, benching.
Because I was the boss of my own post j/k
No I felt 25% of the game was the cutoff

There are a lot of good points made but one thing that needs to be looked at is when you are playing team X, Y, Or Z you have players that match up with them or give your team a needed boost/rest. Is it a jump shooter off the bench? A rebounder? A defensive guy that can cause some havoc? Boeheim used to match up the 7-9th guys in this type of thing but he has not been doing that this year. Let's also add if SU has to press...those guys legs were shot at the end of this game, if they had some rest maybe that spark would have been there. That goes for going for loose balls as well. My opinion is that Boeheim rode the horse hard straight to 25-0 and what worries me know is he might have to shoot him instead of on the way getting him water and having a couple of more losses/losing some time. You just can't sabermetrics this minute thing, it just isn't that black and white.
You can go as deep into this as yop'd like I was simply responding to the poster who was pointing out that six other teams use 9 players. They don't except in blow outs.

We were pretty deep to start the season. We had Rak, Coleman, Keita, Grant, Roberson, Fair, G, Cooney, Ennis. Thats 9 guys. Problem is 3 of our big men have been injured.