Thursday Departure thread week 1 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thursday Departure thread week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a team that Le Moyne beat last year is in the tournament and we’re not. Anyone have that on their CNY basketball bingo card?

Devo said outty...
Weirdly, maybe we should ask Carey to stay. Unless the staff simply thinks he’s a stiff who won’t ever develop. Even if we land a high level PG and Center from the portal, we’ll still have TWO scholarship spots left (if Judah is the only other player to leave, as expected). I guess they could try to grab another experienced forward (whose previous stats aren’t eye popping) out of the portal or maybe a high school decommit?

Weirdly, maybe we should ask Carey to stay. Unless the staff simply thinks he’s a stiff who won’t ever develop. Even if we land a high level PG and Center from the portal, we’ll still have TWO scholarship spots left (if Judah is the only other player to leave, as expected). I guess they could try to grab another experienced forward (whose previous stats aren’t eye popping) out of the portal or maybe a high school decommit?

I am sure Red has a plan.

Hopefully a marquee center, McLeod as backup and Patterson as 2b?

Also, I doubt Red will sit on unused schollies like we've seen in the past.

Benny started after covid, he only has one more year.

Hima, I think technically has 2 years but I think if he portals he’s going to be like JBA and Jalen Carey where they don’t get picked up by a team
From everything we know, Hima is damaged goods. Why would he even bother going in the portal and if he did, why would anyone take him.

How disappointed is Benny going to be when UNC and Kentucky don’t call?

Seems like a good sign...

They’re on campus and I’m sure someone is paying them. But I’m sure theyll be back anyway.

Let's say you're a player who would ideally like to portal to one of a few teams that are currently in the ncaa tourney (and I'm not just talking Syracuse guys). I wonder if there is any thinking that you wait to announce until their done playing. The cynical side of me says that most of the more coveted guys already have a good sense of where they're going before a portal announcement is even made. We know tampering is alive and well.
Just playing the game, waiting on the largest bag

Brewster-Boland 1976, my first year at Syracuse, this song and album were playing all the time. Dave Mason, Peter Frampton, Little Feat, Steely Dan all in heavy rotation. Boeheim's first year; the premier of the Bouie and Louie show; Manley Field House rockin' during home games- think we were in the ECAC back then. Oh, if I could only take a time machine back to then for a Syracuse party weekend . . .
I’m with you!
Graduated in 75. Skytop. Oh, to go back to those days!

Great. But are we sure Carey is packing his bags?
Hope not
He was only a redshirt freshman.
He can become a player.
He’s athletic and seems to be learning
He’s got to believe and learn to play against tough competition.

He also may ne interested in an actual education…majoring in sports management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom