Ticks Me Off | Syracusefan.com

Ticks Me Off

We suffer through years of investigation and get clobbered for trivia, all the while competing against professional cheaters.

Trivial not trivia. Holy crap, ya messin with my brain! Maybe trivia is the right word. I was thinking trivia as in Trivial Pursuit like me missed a question.

I've been think they over cooked us the moment they cooked us!

Last edited:
We suffer through years of investigation and get clobbered for trivia, all the while competing against professional cheaters.

Reminds me of the scene from Return of the Pink Panther where Clouseau is going to write a ticket to a blind beggar and his "minkey" for playing music without a "leesance" completely oblivious to the bank robbery going on behind him...

Reminds me of the scene from Return of the Pink Panther where Clouseau is going to write a ticket to a blind beggar and his "minkey" for playing music without a "leesance" completely oblivious to the bank robbery going on behind him...

"I didn't know JB was the manager because I was doing my sworn duty as an NCAA officer."

Trivia=unimportant.

I just got it. I agree with your anger. It's just hard for me to have anger at the NCAA anymore sort like too much sex and violence on TV you just ignore it after a while.

Last edited:
I just got it. I agree with your anger. It's just hard for me to have anger at the NCAA anymore sort like too much s e x and violence on TV you just ignore it after a while.
Can,t ignore the consequences. We spent decades to build our program, only to become an also ran in the crooked acc.

I just got it. I agree with your anger. It's just hard for me to have anger at the NCAA anymore sort like too much s e x and violence on TV you just ignore it after a while.

Well I can ignore the violence but the other thing usually catches my attention pretty quickly.

With absolutely no resources or proof- I believe someone was gunning for J B and it was personal. Just my neurotic opinion

I bet it was Andrew Luck's dad! :)

"I didn't know JB was the manager because I was doing my sworn duty as an NCAA officer."
Thanks for posting this. Much needed levity on a crappy day.

The B1G would take Syracuse if they sued the crooked ACC to leave. At this point, the legal battle would make for great drama.

You seem to think the B1G is handing out invites. Don't bet on a Syracuse invite to the B1G. Be happy where we are.
I thought I was happy at first and then I witness the officiating and lack of coverage for both football and basketball games. It seems the league is aiding UNC to escape any serious damage. I honestly don't think Syracuse will ever be allowed to be anything in the ACC.

the director of athletics chairing a meeting to brainstorm various ways in which to cheat to keep a player eligible is not trivial
Why do you state that the purpose of the mtg was to cheat?

the director of athletics chairing a meeting to brainstorm various ways in which to cheat to keep a player eligible is not trivial
I don't think the purpose of the meeting was to find a way to cheat. That was what ended up happening. They did something they shouldn't have done. If they really wanted to cheat, they wouldn't have self reported.

I don't think the purpose of the meeting was to find a way to cheat. That was what ended up happening.
i don't think that is an accurate reading, but even if so: that alone is far from trivial

i don't think that is an accurate reading, but even if so: that alone is far from trivial
I didn't call it trivial. I did say that what we were guilty of, was no where near close to what is and was going on in the college basketball world. We went 70 MPH in a 50 MPH zone. There are a lot of big name schools going well over 110 MPH. And they went after us with a intensity that was surprising to say the least. Heck, they originally weren't going to do anything to UNC for Fake classes. Louisville wasn't treated as badly as us for hookers and Strippers. No. It wasn't trivial. But it wasn't close to what these guys were doing and the NCAA knew it. I think that will come out. Not about us but about what the NCAA knew of other schools activities while they were slamming us and other schools for lesser offenses.

I didn't call it trivial.
no but the original poster did

what daryl gross did was egregious and a violation of the very foundation of college athletics. it's pathetic that syracuse fans refuse to come to grips with this and pretend it was a jaywalking ticket.

also the drug thing was self-inflicted; we defined our own players ineligible and then used them. ncaa really had no choice there.

btw i'm not defending anyone else; college sports is utterly corrupt and i look forward to seeing a lot of trees fall. i hope jim gatto, who is the key and likely holds paper on every adidas school, flips hard.

My point of contention is that our crimes are trivial compared to bribery by means of both sex and cash, and complete disregard for academics. We broke some rules and were punished but it is like comparing misdemeanors to felonies, not to mention that the likely punishments for the felonies will not reflect their relative significance.

You do not know that the purpose of the meeting was to break rules. That would be a most unlikely scenario. That was the end result but that does not mean that it was the agreed upon plan.

what about the programs we competed against that never got dinged for anything? they could say the same thing about us.

what daryl gross did was egregious and a violation of the very foundation of college athletics. it's pathetic that syracuse fans refuse to come to grips with this and pretend it was a jaywalking ticket.

Right! Well said.

As big a disgrace is something that doesn't get much attention.
That Daryl Gross wasn't fired right away and instead got himself some temp "job" as a VICE PRESIDENT!!!! and special assistant to the chancellor!

I'm left to wonder what info he had that he could hold over people to land that plum assignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom