Ticks Me Off | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ticks Me Off

I didn't call it trivial. I did say that what we were guilty of, was no where near close to what is and was going on in the college basketball world. We went 70 MPH in a 50 MPH zone. There are a lot of big name schools going well over 110 MPH. And they went after us with a intensity that was surprising to say the least. Heck, they originally weren't going to do anything to UNC for Fake classes. Louisville wasn't treated as badly as us for hookers and Strippers. No. It wasn't trivial. But it wasn't close to what these guys were doing and the NCAA knew it. I think that will come out. Not about us but about what the NCAA knew of other schools activities while they were slamming us and other schools for lesser offenses.
I agree on the crimes we were sanctioned for - you are much more connected than me - but are you 100% confident that we aren't going, oh lets say 85-90 mph in "what is and was going on in the college basketball world"?

I just assume the majority of the P5 are cheaters on more than a ticky tack scale. Sure some are not. But I am not going to automatically assume that Syracuse is the clean program when it comes down to the more major stuff. It causes a little less frustration and honestly seems naïve to me.

However, it does annoy me that we got penny pinched on minor things that any school could have been caught on.

Right! Well said.

As big a disgrace is something that doesn't get much attention.
That Daryl Gross wasn't fired right away and instead got himself some temp "job" as a VICE PRESIDENT!!!! and special assistant to the chancellor!

I'm left to wonder what info he had that he could hold over people to land that plum assignment.

Was it a plumb assignment or a short-term, face-saving, do-nothing assignment while you transition out of town? was it a means to avoid a law suit for wrongful dismissal? It does not mean that he had dirt on higher ups.

We cut corners and had situational violations but we did not orchestrate on-going systematic programmatic cheating. I'm not happy with what we did. I would be shocked if we did anything comparable to bribery or systematic academic scams.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom