Tidbits | Syracusefan.com

Tidbits

Marsh01

Living Legend
Didnt get a chance to read much the last 2 days but enough to reply to some things. This is going to be all over the place.

Had a great time in DC. Sorry to some people who we tried to meet in Clydes pre and post game. So crowded and after the game it was just as crowded and we never made it in.

Gtown fans are s. Jesus so damn annoying. One idiot tried to hand me a pair of socks after the same saying "Syracuse Sucks". Nice play on words. As he tried to hand them to me I just shoved them back into him and he tried to be the tough guy. I dont proclaim myself as a tough guy but Gtown was almost down 1 fan permanently. I hope this team crashes and burns into hell in the NCAA tournament. F them.

We are not on the bubble. Just stop. Please.

We are not going to be an 8 seed in the NCAA's. Winning Wednesday will clinch a 6 seed at the worst so anyone who posts anything higher than 6 doesnt know what the hell they are talking about. Losing Wed and we are a 7 seed. We will end up 5-6 when it is all said and done.

Duke is the best team in the country with Ryan Kelly. I hate them more than anyone but they are undefeated with him and you need to put your hatred glasses away and see that they are solid.

More than ever I want to see us play teams in the NCAA's that can score points rather than defend well. Give me an up and down game where the score is in the 70's as opposed to the games we have seen the past 2 weeks. Our fate will be determined by what type of team we play. Give me Kentucky any day over Virginia.

I have no idea how this team will respond in NYC. Should be an interesting week.

One thing that needs to be kept in mind re: seedings is the fact that teams can be moved up r down 1 line to accommodate other rules.

Louisville and Gtown are both 2s at the moment. If neither of them wins the BET, they will likely stay as 2 seeds. (And Marquette is also in play for a 2) Accordingly, to prevent conference matchups in the Round of 32, a team that is truly a 7 seed could be given an 8 or 6.

I think we are ultimately a 5 or 6 b/c I don't see us losing on Wednesday, but if we do in fact lose I don't think we have one of the 24 best profiles, i.e. 7 seed.

Men's room at Clyde's post game, at Gtown fan was letting me have it while my back was obviously turned to him. So I cursed him a bunch back, and when I turned around it was some random SU dude standing there wondering why I hated him. he said the dude walked about before I could turn around. I hate those guys.

Men's room at Clyde's post game, at Gtown fan was letting me have it while my back was obviously turned to him. So I cursed him a bunch back, and when I turned around it was some random SU dude standing there wondering why I hated him. he said the dude walked about before I could turn around. I hate those guys.

You obviously should've turned around to confront him sooner. Like while you were still pissing. :)

I was upstairs at the bar at Clyde's before the game. I couldn't bring myself to going after. Went to the Irish Channel, Whale, and Rumors ( surprisingly not a strip club) afterwards. Lots of douchey Gtown fans, but I remember many douchey SU fans the last time I was down. A senior Hoya student was trying to rationalize to me the storming of the court. Sorry buddy, it didn't quite work.

One thing that needs to be kept in mind re: seedings is the fact that teams can be moved up r down 1 line to accommodate other rules.

Louisville and Gtown are both 2s at the moment. If neither of them wins the BET, they will likely stay as 2 seeds. (And Marquette is also in play for a 2) Accordingly, to prevent conference matchups in the Round of 32, a team that is truly a 7 seed could be given an 8 or 6.

I think we are ultimately a 5 or 6 b/c I don't see us losing on Wednesday, but if we do in fact lose I don't think we have one of the 24 best profiles, i.e. 7 seed.

actually some people have louisville sliding into the 4th 1 seed(as of today) and a solid bet could seel it,georgetown is likely a 2 only lock 1 seeds right now are duke and gonzaga last 2 are open

Didnt get a chance to read much the last 2 days but enough to reply to some things. This is going to be all over the place.

Had a great time in DC. Sorry to some people who we tried to meet in Clydes pre and post game. So crowded and after the game it was just as crowded and we never made it in.

Gtown fans are s. Jesus so damn annoying. One idiot tried to hand me a pair of socks after the same saying "Syracuse Sucks". Nice play on words. As he tried to hand them to me I just shoved them back into him and he tried to be the tough guy. I dont proclaim myself as a tough guy but Gtown was almost down 1 fan permanently. I hope this team crashes and burns into hell in the NCAA tournament. F them.

We are not going to be an 8 seed in the NCAA's. Winning Wednesday will clinch a 6 seed at the worst so anyone who posts anything higher than 6 doesnt know what the hell they are talking about. Losing Wed and we are a 7 seed. We will end up 5-6 when it is all said and done.

Duke is the best team in the country with Ryan Kelly. I hate them more than anyone but they are undefeated with him and you need to put your hatred glasses away and see that they are solid.

More than ever I want to see us play teams in the NCAA's that can score points rather than defend well. Give me an up and down game where the score is in the 70's as opposed to the games we have seen the past 2 weeks. Our fate will be determined by what type of team we play. Give me Kentucky any day over Virginia.

I have no idea how this team will respond in NYC. Should be an interesting week.

All these people talking trash are the same fools that would get crushed in a real game of ball at the park. They are busted tools...

actually some people have louisville sliding into the 4th 1 seed(as of today) and a solid bet could seel it,georgetown is likely a 2 only lock 1 seeds right now are duke and gonzaga last 2 are open

Now there are 3 locks

1 Seeds are irrelevant.

My bet is a non 1 seed wins it all this year.

Punching someone in DC is a very bad idea. I have walked through the DC jail years ago... we had a system installed in there. I promise you that it is not a place you would enjoy being.

Punching someone in DC is a very bad idea. I have walked through the DC jail years ago... we had a system installed in there. I promise you that it is not a place you would enjoy being.

Heh. Which is why i walked away. Factored that into my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on on all accounts. I think more than ever, our fate is match-up driven. Probably gonna be a tough game against Pitt on Thursday. After that it will be just nice to get out of the BE and play some other teams. I watched a lot of games this weekend and there were no other games that are played with that defense and games that are allowed with that much contact. There are plenty of defensive minded teams out there ... just want to avoid them. I agree with Virginia too .. hate to see them in a 5/12 or 6/11 game. With the right draw we can still win a couple games. Just have to get BTs head right.

sometimes discretion is indeed the better part of valor.
bill shakespeare.

Believe me I wanted too. Restrained myself because the missus was with me as well as other friends.

I don't know. The same kid did it too me. I viewed it as good natured heckling from the opposing fans. No harm, no foul. I've been going to away games for over 20 years. I expect that. He told me, "Syracuse Sucks" and tried to give me the sock. I laughed, and told him to to "Keep it, it belongs on your nose". He laughed and kept walking. Marsh, I never pictured you as the sensitive type.;)

Talk about having zero expectations for a game. I am not sure I could watch that.

I have zero expectations for the Pitt game on Thursday, IF SU can win Wednesday.

here is the deal, if fate has anything, we could have a rematch friday night

Play GTown again? It's an "I wanna see that" and a "I don't wanna see that". But you have to admit, nothing would be better than a win against GTown.

Either way, lets just get our middle of the road NCAA seed, go out west and get the heck away from BE Teams.

I don't know. The same kid did it too me. I viewed it as good natured heckling from the opposing fans. No harm, no foul. I've been going to away games for over 20 years. I expect that. He told me, "Syracuse Sucks" and tried to give me the sock. I laughed, and told him to to "Keep it, it belongs on your nose". He laughed and kept walking. Marsh, I never pictured you as the sensitive type.;)

Ha, I had no problem with it either except he tried to shove it towards my face and I was in no mood for it. I just tried to push it away and he reacted with an insult and I responded with an insult back. Real mature I know! Plus there was another Dbag gtown fan walking by and he made some wise ass Lord and Taylor comment towards me which just added fuel to the fire.

Oh well.

Agree with everything you say here except Marquette has no chance at a 2 seed. Way too many people to climb over including two of their own brethren. Winning the BET is not enough to enable them to climb over so many other teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom