Tiger and Lefty H2H on PPV Nov 23 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tiger and Lefty H2H on PPV Nov 23

I would have to think they are guaranteed to make at least $9 million or there would be some sort of fraud/fraud in the inducement liability. It would depend on how they officially market it, I suppose; i.e. are the playing for "up to" $9 million, "exactly" $9 million or "at least" $9 million?

The money here, as you state above, is a material inducement for the players, but it's also a material inducement for the consumer. If the public was told that they were simply playing a $10 Nassau with $5 dots and $2 snakes, I think it's safe to assume the level of interest would be significantly lower than it is currently.

If the TBT ultimately cut a check to the winners for less than the promoted $2 million because revenues disappointed, they'd be in a lot of trouble I believe. If Phil or Tiger ultimately walked away with well less than the promoted amount, the public would feel duped.

On a side note, I guess it would be very hard for the interested parties to insure this event given the lack of precedence.

#1. I agree it is a material inducement for the consumer to show they care, and it is necessary... but my point was when money is the prime inducement it loses lustre. Hatred between the players would have worked, but it really does not seem to exist anymore.

#2. I honestly do not know enough about the law, so I assume you are correct about fraud. Could a company owned by Phil Mickelson and a company owned by Tiger Woods be the primary backers of the event (ultimately having to cover the losses or gains) So Phil or Tiger ultimately get paid $9 million, but the losses on the event are picked up by the companies. That would actually be more interesting to me since one man could actually lose money out of this contest.

I am having a hard time seeing the value proposition for someone to "own" the event, which I suppose is why I am coming up with these schemes. If there are limited eyeballs at the event and PPV, its not like sponsors will pay that much for the event.

Last edited:
On a total side note, and who knows if Tiger is still healthy at 50.

But Phil, at 48, will certainly give a boost to some senior tour events. I expect he will stay on the PGA, but will play the Senior Majors once he turns 50.

And if Tiger is still healthy and wants to play at 50, he will give a major boost to the Champions Tour.

I would pay for this.
DlUvie5U8AEBqF9

OBJ can afford it now...
I don’t mind paying for premium sporting events.
I just don’t see this match as premiere.
They aren’t in their primes.
They should have Charles Barkley play with them since its being produced by Turner as he is awful and atleast would be entertaining with personality and fact he would say interesting things and maybe stupid bets while on the course.

OBJ can afford it now...
Also Giants have Odell Beckham and Saquon Barkley locked up for five years. It’s just too bad they don't have a good quarterback to get the most out of them.

Also Giants have Odell Beckham and Saquon Barkley locked up for five years. It’s just too bad they don't have a good quarterback to get the most out of them.
It’s a good thing he always just took what they gave him, which was less $$ than he deserved, this way they got them all in under the cap.

This whole set up has been typical Phil and Tiger who IMHO are the two phoniest and greediest guys on tour. The sudden thawing of their icy relationship, Phil joining twitter, the announcement of the head to head match, and then the final PPV mic drop. i won't be watching and hope it bombs.

Who would pay anything at all to watch two aging downsiders that just went 0-6 in the Ryder Cup? Shake your head, America.

Last edited:
Who would pay anything at all to watch two aging downsiders that just went 0-6 in the Ryder Cup? Shake your head, America.
Who would pay anything of substance to watch any 2 players in the world via pay per view?

Tiger and Phil, are still the two most popular players in the world, And they won't make it work.

I was listening to VSIN and they were saying there is essentially zero interest in Vegas from a betting standpoint. Good luck competing with a full slate of college football games.

honestly, i wont pay to watch it.. but if it was on tv i probably would give it shot because there will be some fun moments.
That’s my take, I wish it was an option to flip to on football commercial breaks.

And now that I can bet at will, I would’ve watched more if they started putting their prop bets up.

That would’ve been fun, I’m in for $200 on that Phil birdies #1.

But not if I can’t watch the drama...

Spectrum isn’t even carrying it as PPV. I’d have to watch steaming on a computer or phone.

Spectrum isn’t even carrying it as PPV. I’d have to watch steaming on a computer or phone.
That’s hysterical.

My how low TW had TW fallen to get sold to them??

Spectrum is that irrelevant now??

H2H on PPV sounds like something for which one would take penicillin.

That’s hysterical.

My how low TW had TW fallen to get sold to them??

Spectrum is that irrelevant now??

Spectrum sucks in every way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom