Tiger injured in rollover accident | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tiger injured in rollover accident

Well CL, opioids make your pupils smaller not bigger, so shall we discuss what other recreational chemicals might have been helping you with your return to work? :cool:
hungry g league GIF by Sacramento Kings

even an optomistic comeback might be to miss all of this yr on top of back surgery he still was iffy on being ready by the Masters.

Tiger is likely going to have wiring in his legs to fix these fractures. I doubt he will be on his feet in the next 3 months.

Hope these surgeries are successful. It will depend on how shattered these bones are.

even an optomistic comeback might be to miss all of this yr on top of back surgery he still was iffy on being ready by the Masters.
The extra time could actually help strengthen his back by forcing him not to try and come back too early. That said, let's just hope his legs heal that he can walk around with no pain.

Ben Hogan came back from near-fatal injuries to play some of his greatest golf. Speculation about Woods' future at this point is silly.

Hogan was 36 at the time of his accident. Like Tiger, he suffered a severe ankle injury but his other injuries were father up in his body: "a double-fracture of the pelvis, a fractured collar bone, a left ankle fracture, a chipped rib, and near-fatal blood clots: he would suffer lifelong circulation problems and other physical limitations." He made an incredible comeback but won his last major at age 41. Tiger is 45.

I was glad to hear his injuries are not live-threatening: it's not Kobe II. I'm no doctor but there's nothing to suggest paralysis. The fractures may cost him flexibility and I've heard of one leg coming out shorter than the other. I've also heard of injured athletes losing legs to vascular problems and that word has come up in the reports. I suggest we stop worrying about his golfing career and just hope for as full a recovery as possible. I'm also not going to speculate on the cause(s) of the accident.

Hogan was 36 at the time of his accident. Like Tiger, he suffered a severe ankle injury but his other injuries were father up in his body: "a double-fracture of the pelvis, a fractured collar bone, a left ankle fracture, a chipped rib, and near-fatal blood clots: he would suffer lifelong circulation problems and other physical limitations." He made an incredible comeback but won his last major at age 41. Tiger is 45.

I was glad to hear his injuries are not live-threatening: it's not Kobe II. I'm no doctor but there's nothing to suggest paralysis. The fractures may cost him flexibility and I've heard of one leg coming out shorter than the other. I've also heard of injured athletes losing legs to vascular problems and that word has come up in the reports. I suggest we stop worrying about his golfing career and just hope for as full a recovery as possible. I'm also not going to speculate on the cause(s) of the accident.
I wasn't trying to compare Hogan's injuries with Tiger's. I do know Hogan was badly injured and received last rites, but somehow made it back to the course in about a year and then proceeded to win six of his nine majors, including three in one year. He was tough and persistent, as is Woods. If there is a path for Woods to return to competitive golf, he will likely try to find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom