Tiger injured in rollover accident

bevosu

All American
I hate to speculate, but my wife and I were shocked how bad he looked during Jim Nantz interview two days ago. I checked twitter and everyone was agreeing that he looked bloated, high, just awful. Who knows. Maybe he was just exhausted.

Back problems/surgery is pretty much a guarantee that you're going to be on pain medication for a reasonable amount of time. Driving after taking Percocet (oxycodone) affects different people in different ways.

Not saying that was a contributor, but pain medication can do strange things to you.

Alsacs

Internet Man, Internet Hero or Internet Scout!!
Ben Hogan came back from near-fatal injuries to play some of his greatest golf. Speculation about Woods' future at this point is silly.
I hope he fully recovers.

Briancuse

Living Legend
Back problems/surgery is pretty much a guarantee that you're going to be on pain medication for a reasonable amount of time. Driving after taking Percocet (oxycodone) affects different people in different ways.

Not saying that was a contributor, but pain medication can do strange things to you.
At 7 am? Maybe. Sounds like he was driving too fast on a curvy road and lost control.

CuseLegacy

Back in the 80's I had surgery and afterwards was taking percodan. I had returned to work and was driving to see a customer. I remember looking in my rear view mirror and seeing only pupil and thinking damn my customer is going to think I'm on drugs. :rolleyes::oops:

bevosu

All American
At 7 am? Maybe. Sounds like he was driving too fast on a curvy road and lost control.

Okay...pure speculation. I base this on my experience observing my wife after she had a serious back injury. She was prescribed oxycodone over a period of many, many months. She took it as prescribed. She didn't over-medicate herself. The stuff stays in your system especially if you're taking it regularly as prescribed. Motor skills can be affected along with cognition.

This is on the pill container- "May cause drowsiness and dizziness Alcohol may intensify this effect. Use care when operating a vehicle, vessel (boat), or machinery."

Tiger had recent back surgery. It's possible he's on a regular dosage of pain medication. The time of day would seem to be irrelevant.

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
Somebody on the golf channel said tiger stood when he got out of the car.

upperdeck

Living Legend
well first bit of news is that the accident was not where the reports have said which explains why the pictures on google didnt match with the helicopter photos

upperdeck

Living Legend
Pretty lucky though to go across the center median at that speed hit a tree and miss likely a number of cars..

rrlbees

Staff member
They clarified their earlier statement that the jaws of life were used and said the weren’t but a crow bar and axe were used to pry him out.

rrlbees

Staff member
Well Jimmy Robert’s was right. Someone with the LA County fire department did say he had stood but they have now backed away from that statement.

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Well Jimmy Robert’s was right. Someone with the LA County fire department did say he had stood but they have now backed away from that statement.
I would think so.

I just don't see how anyone could stand with compound fractures in both legs.
1614122855533.gif

Briancuse

Living Legend
Okay...pure speculation. I base this on my experience observing my wife after she had a serious back injury. She was prescribed oxycodone over a period of many, many months. She took it as prescribed. She didn't over-medicate herself. The stuff stays in your system especially if you're taking it regularly as prescribed. Motor skills can be affected along with cognition.

This is on the pill container- "May cause drowsiness and dizziness Alcohol may intensify this effect. Use care when operating a vehicle, vessel (boat), or machinery."

Tiger had recent back surgery. It's possible he's on a regular dosage of pain medication. The time of day would seem to be irrelevant.
It very well could have been but with his problem with pain killers I wonder if they were prescribed. It sounds like he was training so alcohol could be out. It sounds like he was going too fast on a dangerous road that he was unfamiliar with.

Last edited:

shandeezy7

Hall of Fame
even 50 you hit a curb and it can go bad quickly.

Yeah I’ve become addicted to watching those dashcam videos on Facebook. It’s amazing how little it takes to flip a car, especially these SUV’s and crossover vehicles that are sitting on sedan frames but with a higher center of gravity.

SU in Hershey

2nd String
Back in the 80's I had surgery and afterwards was taking percodan. I had returned to work and was driving to see a customer. I remember looking in my rear view mirror and seeing only pupil and thinking damn my customer is going to think I'm on drugs. :rolleyes::oops:
Well CL, opioids make your pupils smaller not bigger, so shall we discuss what other recreational chemicals might have been helping you with your return to work? :cool:

rrlbees

Staff member
Fractures in both legs, one compound and a shattered ankle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom