Tim Lester iowa OC | Syracusefan.com

Tim Lester iowa OC

Crusty

Living Legend
Great hire by Iowa. His first game his offense scored 40 and gained 492 total yards against Illinois State.Their best game in five years. Iowa averaged 234 yards last year.

HC Kirk Ferenz was forced to fire his son Brian who did a horrible job as OC.
Brian was accused by former players of racial bias and wound up paying a large sum as his part of s larger settlement.
Lester wa our QB coach who was elevated to OC when you know who was demoted.
Lester did a good job under tough circumstances. I remember he ran a triple option against LSU that mage it a competitive game.
He found under recruited Eric Dungey.
Kirk Ferenz, 69, has been HC at Iowa for 24 years and his days are numbered.
If Lester does a good job h r might have a shot at succeeding Ferenz.

6-0 at the the half and 19-0 after 3. BIg 4th quarter when Illinois State was worn down and Iowa put up 21. Iowa defense is still pretty good. Will be interesting to see if the Iowa offense is better when they get into B1G play.

Great hire by Iowa. His first game his offense scored 40 and gained 492 total yards against Illinois State.Their best game in five years. Iowa averaged 234 yards last year.

Brian was accused by former players of racial bias and wound up paying a large sum as his part of s larger settlement.
Lester did a good job under tough circumstances. I remember he ran a triple option against LSU that mage it a competitive game.
Looks like LB coach Seth Wallace is being lined up to replace Kirk. He was named assistant head coach this past offseason. Things could always change if Tim does really well, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't Seth.

Forgot about this I was about to load up on Iowa State this week but might not.

Probably will go over 35.

I thought he should have been elevated sooner. It was obvious to me at least that he had talent. That said, he was mediocre as HC at WMU. Couldn’t seem to get over the top.

Looks like LB coach Seth Wallace is being lined up to replace Kirk. He was named assistant head coach this past offseason. Things could always change if Tim does really well, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't Seth.
I think the administration is fed up with Ferenz so maybe being promoted by him hurts more than helps. Who knows.

there is an underdiscussed nepotism problem in both college and pro
lol.

Nepotism gets blasted very quickly without performance.

Perhaps you mean cronyism.

I think the administration is fed up with Ferenz so maybe being promoted by him hurts more than helps. Who knows.
Kirk will go nowhere until he wants to. It’s wild.

Iowan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom