Time has come... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Time has come...

To move in a new direction. The team hasn’t had it for a few years now, we aren’t recruiting well. We have zero centers that can play any minutes.

We need to make a move at the end of the year and find a new coach. One who is not on the bench for Cuse!

My top 3:
Rick Pitino (Iona)
Travis Steele (Xavier)
Wes Miller (UNC Greensboro)
Id consider his son Richard at Minny, he seems competent there. Has probably fared better than Hop at UW and those are comparable programs

It has been passed time and like another poster said at this point I am getting close to not wanting Hop and just go outside and get the best coach possible

If JB isnt careful he will not only ruin what he has created but in the process he will ruin it for his staff as The Wild one will be forced to go outside the family. Im a firm believer that if Jim doesnt completely collapse the program that Hop or Red will get the call. However if he continues down this path JW will need to make a splash. Its very sad to see the decline. Im sure losing Sid hurts but anyone with a brain knew that Sid would be hard pressed to make it through the year injury free let along come back from another which i doubt he will. Protecting your Son by not going hard after other 2s and as importantly not playing other guys at the 2 such as Griff, Bras, Joe, is beyond me. Also why doesnt Edwards get more run. The kid has great hands and vision. Give him 10 a game and i bet he does well. Lets hope that Sid and Frank return asap, that Kadary starts, that Jb sits his kid when he goes 0 for 100 and that JB decides to put the time into the program that he has built as it pretty obvious he doesnt do much on the recruiting front. As to the future we will be ok but he needs to retire within a few years. 3 or less. I feel badly as he is SU basketball and its hard to see him like this.
I believe we must go outside the program. One man’s legacy is not worth it. The change has to happen now. Buddy can go too. It’s a slow motion ride into oblivion right now.

I believe we must go outside the program. One man’s legacy is not worth it. The change has to happen now. Buddy can go too. It’s a slow motion ride into oblivion right now.

it’s not even that slow of a ride to be honest we are free falling

As people? I’m sure their fine.
But Girard and Buddy are not ACC starters. Nor is Marek (at least at C).
Agree on Girard (should be 6 minutes) and Buddy (15ish). If they did get those minutes, they're very good role players. It should be Kadary and AG up top for the most part. We have so much talent at F, we could make it work well. You don't like Marek in position?

This is why I said it's more utilization than personnel.

Agree on Girard (should be 6 minutes) and Buddy (15ish). If they did get those minutes, they're very good role players. It should be Kadary and AG up top for the most part. We have so much talent at F, we could make it work well. You don't like Marek in position?

This is why I said it's more utilization than personnel.

He’s little undersized no?

I don’t think if we want SU to be a contender in the ACC we can have Marek playing big minutes at C.

I don’t think if we want SU to be a contender in the ACC we can have Marek playing big minutes at C.
Yeah, I meant in position at F. Only option we have at C right now. This is also coaching fault when either of 2 guys can contribute nothing after 2 years.

I'll chime in here for the folks in the cheap seats: "If we have to play Marek at the center position, we will be mediocre at best". For 3 years running that's been my mantra. Its one thing to do so in an emergency, but to (a) not anticipate that a fragile Sidibe might, just maybe, get hurt again, & (2) recruit for that contingency & (3) not develop or play said recruits, is unfathomable.
What's scary is that JB actually went into yet another season, with Marek as his first option after Sid. He's a HOF'er for a reason, but what in God's name is he seeing that the rest of humanity is not seeing with that abysmal premise?

I'll chime in here for the folks in the cheap seats: "If we have to play Marek at the center position, we will be mediocre at best". For 3 years running that's been my mantra. Its one thing to do so in an emergency, but to (a) not anticipate that a fragile Sidibe might, just maybe, get hurt again, & (2) recruit for that contingency & (3) not develop or play said recruits, is unfathomable.
What's scary is that JB actually went into yet another season, with Marek as his first option after Sid. He's a HOF'er for a reason, but what in God's name is he seeing that the rest of humanity is not seeing with that abysmal premise?

Sucks that Frank got the Covid. The path to playing time was wide open for him.

Sucks that Frank got the Covid. The path to playing time was wide open for him.
Fair enough. But he wasn't seeing much time before the Covid pause. Fact is Marek was ALWAYS the 1st option, what with Jesse not being "ready", Ajak not being "strong enough", etc etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom