Time to let kids go directly to the NBA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Time to let kids go directly to the NBA

You know there's the NBAPA right? And they specifcally have a problem with what you are suggesting?

And I'm just guessing, they've probably done a lot more research on the topic than you.

So its ok for other professions to have requirements regarding employment, but not for the Nba? Got it.

So its ok for other professions to have requirements regarding employment, but not for the Nba? Got it.

It's a state license, you're not hired by "lawyers of America"

I'm sure most firms do have a requirement for employment, passing the bar.

It's a state license, you're not hired by "lawyers of America"

I'm sure most firms do have a requirement for employment, passing the bar.

Exactly there is a requirement for employment, it doesn't matter who requires it, its the point that there are requirements.

Exactly there is a requirement for employment, it doesn't matter who requires it, its the point that there are requirements.

It does matter. The state says a firm can't hire anybody off of the street to be a lawyer.

If I own a law firm, I can't hire you to practice law even though I think you'd make a great lawyer.

The NBA has nothing stopping them from drafting kids of any age outside of their own rules.

It does matter. The state says a firm can't hire anybody off of the street to be a lawyer.

If I own a law firm, I can't hire you to practice law even though I think you'd make a great lawyer.

The NBA has nothing stopping them from drafting kids of any age outside of their own rules.

but that's not entirely the case.

Admission without law school[edit]
In California, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming[13] an applicant who has not attended law school may take the bar exam after study under a judge or practicing attorney for an extended period of time.[14][15] This method is known as "reading law" or "reading the law".

New York requires that applicants who are reading the law have at least one year of law school study (Rule 520.4 for the Admission of Attorneys).[16]

Maine allows students with two years of law school to serve an apprenticeship in lieu of completing their third year.

By the way, I'm all for allowing exceptional players (like your fav LeBron) to go directly to the Association. I like Dickie V's thoughts on this one - have a board decide who can and can't go (make the members of the board be current and past players, scouts, coaches and execs). Anyone not passing this test goes to college for a minimum of 2-3 years. Will help both the college teams and eventually the NBA teams.

but that's not entirely the case.

Admission without law school[edit]
In California, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming[13] an applicant who has not attended law school may take the bar exam after study under a judge or practicing attorney for an extended period of time.[14][15] This method is known as "reading law" or "reading the law".

New York requires that applicants who are reading the law have at least one year of law school study (Rule 520.4 for the Admission of Attorneys).[16]

Maine allows students with two years of law school to serve an apprenticeship in lieu of completing their third year.

By the way, I'm all for allowing exceptional players (like your fav LeBron) to go directly to the Association. I like Dickie V's thoughts on this one - have a board decide who can and can't go (make the members of the board be current and past players, scouts, coaches and execs). Anyone not passing this test goes to college for a minimum of 2-3 years. Will help both the college teams and eventually the NBA teams.

I totally get what you're saying, I'm very aware of the reading law, but you still have to pass the bar to practice law, that's the only requirement that I'm talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom