Time to let kids go directly to the NBA | Syracusefan.com

Time to let kids go directly to the NBA

For K this is really about putting a whammy on Cal so he can tell the Duke boosters to chill again.

They should make them start in the D-League (G-League) first. Make some three-month mandatory start in that league. Then they can be first eligible to play an NBA game in like January or February.

They have this second league they clearly want to push, seems like HS to pro kids is a logical selling and marketing point. I would love to see college hoops get back to veteran upperclassmen teams battling with players you've seen grow up before your eyes.

if they do they didn't fight for in the last bargaining round

Huh? again.

They did.1 and done is the result of them wanting 0 years and NBA wanting 2

Huh? again.

They did.1 and done is the result of them wanting 0 years and NBA wanting 2
Constitutionality aside, I'm good with 2 and I'm good with 0.

Constitutionality aside, I'm good with 2 and I'm good with 0.

what's the constitutional issue about an age limit?

How about reinstituting freshman ineligibility? :noidea: It might make the OADs go to Europe.

Allowing people to make a living. I'm not taking a position on it, just that it's a legitimate question.

They are allowed to make a living, certain jobs have certain requirements, if you want to be a lawyer, you need to go to law school for 3 years, there is nothing unconsituitional about an age limit.

They are allowed to make a living, certain jobs have certain requirements, if you want to be a lawyer, you need to go to law school for 3 years, there is nothing unconsituitional about an age limit.

That's a pretty silly comparison

You go to law school to learn law and think like a lawyer. Unless you know a bunch of kids ready to practice law right out of college. In which case I'm all ears.

Its about requirements for jobs, I have taken law classes in college, I have read law books, I think I could be a halfway decent lawyer, but the rules state you must go to law school for 3 years and pass a state bar exam. If the Nba decides they want their players to attend college for 3 years, there is nothing wrong with that.

Your completely missing the point.

I don't think I am.

You used the Law School example. No one comes out of college or high school knowing how to practice law. It's reasonable therefore to require people to go to law school to learn law before they can practice. Playing in the NBA out of high school is not impossible.

It's so weird that you dig in so much on this issue.

I don't think I am.

You used the Law School example. No one comes out of college or high school knowing how to practice law. It's reasonable therefore to require people to go to law school to learn law before they can practice. Playing in the NBA out of high school is not impossible.

It's so weird that you dig in so much on this issue.

How do you know there aren't people out there ready to practice law? Its about a profession dictating the terms of employment, no one is prohibiting them for working, but if you want to play in the Nba you need to go to college, there is nothing wrong with that. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with that.

How do you know there aren't people out there ready to practice law? Its about a profession dictating the terms of employment, no one is prohibiting them for working, but if you want to play in the Nba you need to go to college, there is nothing wrong with that. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with that.

You know there's the NBAPA right? And they specifcally have a problem with what you are suggesting?

And I'm just guessing, they've probably done a lot more research on the topic than you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom