Time to Retire Welcome to the Jungle for Pre-Tip | Syracusefan.com

Time to Retire Welcome to the Jungle for Pre-Tip

Mosey

Walk On
I cringe everytime WTTJ starts Pre-Tip. Time to move on to something released in the last two decades.

We will probably replace it with Seven Nation Army (ugh). I like the song, but it is way over-used at college sporting events. They should let the team pick the song every year.

We will probably replace it with Seven Nation Army (ugh). I like the song, but it is way over-used at college sporting events. They should let the team pick the song every year.

ya, but then fights may break out and people will get stabbed. kidding aside, i think they should change the song as well.

Heathen.

Welcome to the Jungle is an aural tour de force. How else do you expect the opponent to understand that where we play it gets worse every day, that if they want it the price is blood, and that we're imploring them to feel our serpentine?

You should be ashamed. You used to be cool, man.

It is the equivalent of how every NFL team using Ozzy's "Crazy Train" before every kickoff of the home team. Way overused.

How bout enter sandman, I never hear that at sporting events :eek:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

on the bright side, theyve started playing right before the players come on to the court "all I do is win".. fitting for a team that over the last 5 seasons has lost only 13 home games

on the bright side, theyve started playing right before the players come on to the court "all I do is win".. fitting for a team that over the last 5 seasons has lost only 13 home games

To be fair though, USF played this in Raymond James stadium before every one of their kickoffs (at least in the game vs. SU) and it hasn't worked out too well for them.

Can't we just go back to the Black Eyed Peas? They must still be cool. :noidea:

If the team picked, it would probably be Diced Pineapple by Rick Ross...

I cringe everytime WTTJ starts Pre-Tip. Time to move on to something released in the last two decades.

I want to hear Mr Excitement's famous opening monologue before every game, all by itself, maybe with a little echo and bass to fill out his voice.

ME's monologue has gotten longer. Here it is...

Ladies and Gentlemen!
Girls and Boys!
Clap your hands!
And make some noise!

Be loud!
Be proud!
Be orange!

I can't wait for the inevitable verse three. Thinking it might be something like this:

Put your right foot in!
Put your right foot out!
Take a sip of beer and
then you stand and scream and shout!

Do the Orange-a-motion and
and you turn the team around.
That's what its all about!

I think they should play one of Coach Hop's renditions from the 'Hop-Sing' segment on his radio show. ;)

I always thought Arcade Fire's Keep the car running would be good pre tip musak...

I want to hear Mr Excitement's famous opening monologue before every game, all by itself, maybe with a little echo and bass to fill out his voice.

ME's monologue has gotten longer. Here it is...

Ladies and Gentlemen!
Girls and Boys!
Clap your hands!
And make some noise!

Be loud!
Be proud!
Be orange!

I can't wait for the inevitable verse three. Thinking it might be something like this:

Put your right foot in!
Put your right foot out!
Take a sip of beer and
then you stand and scream and shout!

Do the Orange-a-motion and
and you turn the team around.
That's what its all about!

He's even worse this year. I didn't think that was possible, but he is.

He refers to Carter-Williams as "MCW." If people want to use shorthand while typing, that's nice. Public address announcers should be using players' real names. He also babbled at length about our record and various accomplishments last year before getting into the starting lineup.

It's stunning that someone up there clearly is pleased with the job he's doing. That shakes my faith in the ability of the athletic department more than anything else they've done, and I'm not exaggerating in saying that. Mr. Excitement, by any measure, bad at what he does. He uses four words when one or none will do (much as I'm doing right now) and shrieks like a cheerleader when SU does something positive on the court.

Anyway, Welcome to the Jungle is pretty tired. The crowd doesn't seem to enjoy it, either. Why not just go back to the Sour Sitrus Society hitting a drum to encourage people to stand up and clap?

Then again, maybe the devil we know is better than the devil we don't - who knows what kind of objectionable song they might select if this one were retired.

Clearly, we have to up our game before Duke and Carolina come to the Dome. But I've got nothing. Duke fans have "Devil in a Blue Dress" but I don't know what they play before the tip of the game. "Blue Dress" makes them convulse, though. At least the older fans. I've been a first hand witness to that reaction. It makes them get up and dance, too! Then their backs go out and they sit back down.

If the team picked, it would probably be Diced Pineapple by Rick Ross...
In fairness, I don't see why the team shouldn't pick the music that's played, within reason. You could hear current hip-hip (the edited versions) being pumped into Cincy's football stadium during our game against them last week and the players on both sides were visibly reacting to it. Honestly, Rick Ross' Hold Me Back would be an excellent song for the team to take the floor to.

He's even worse this year. I didn't think that was possible, but he is.

He refers to Carter-Williams as "MCW." If people want to use shorthand while typing, that's nice. Public address announcers should be using players' real names. He also babbled at length about our record and various accomplishments last year before getting into the starting lineup.

It's stunning that someone up there clearly is pleased with the job he's doing. That shakes my faith in the ability of the athletic department more than anything else they've done, and I'm not exaggerating in saying that. Mr. Excitement, by any measure, bad at what he does. He uses four words when one or none will do (much as I'm doing right now) and shrieks like a cheerleader when SU does something positive on the court.

Anyway, Welcome to the Jungle is pretty tired. The crowd doesn't seem to enjoy it, either. Why not just go back to the Sour Sitrus Society hitting a drum to encourage people to stand up and clap?

Then again, maybe the devil we know is better than the devil we don't - who knows what kind of objectionable song they might select if this one were retired.

Ugh, I agree with this. If I have to hear "the thunder from down under" 5 times a game this year, I might puke into my beer. I've noticed in football, he doesn't know what's going on half the time. Get's excited over plays that are clearly coming back because of a penalty. Talking while the ref is trying to make a call over the loudspeakers. In one of the preseason bball games, there was a foul on Christmas and he announced the foul as being on whoever number 25 was on the other team. :bang:

And yeah, Welcome to the Jungle needs to go. I hated it when it was my high school basketball team's song that was played when we came on the court 10 years ago and I hate it now.