Time to take car of business, get to 2-2, sets up a huge | Syracusefan.com

Time to take car of business, get to 2-2, sets up a huge

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
gamer versus Pitt on a Friday night, which to me is the best day and time to get peeps into the dome. Lets get it -ing done

id say being 3-2 then playing (and beating) rutgers would be the team barometer.

lets get game one.. Minn is not great but the QB is athletic and will run. pitt will be 1-3 coming in with Louisville after us there season will be over if we knock them off.

Minn has a big game this week W. Mich will give them all they want

id say being 3-2 then playing (and beating) rutgers would be the team barometer.

You are being too kind. We should win the next 5 games. Anything less is a failure at this point as it pretty much knocks us out of a Bowl. We are better than our next five opponents. It is 5-2 or bust on this season.

Yeah, I kind of said the same thing in another post before reading this. Tune up this weekend, and then all hands on deck for a win at Minnesota. We'd have the perfect mindset going into the Big East season, with the most winnable portion of the conference schedule being front loaded.

You are being too kind. We should win the next 5 games. Anything less is a failure at this point as it pretty much knocks us out of a Bowl. We are better than our next five opponents. It is 5-2 or bust on this season.
That seems a little drastic. Even at 3-4, we would have an outside shot at a bowl. It wouldn't be a good sign, but to say that we have to win the next 5 or we're sunk is a bit melodramatic.

lets get game one.. Minn is not great but the QB is athletic and will run. pitt will be 1-3 coming in with Louisville after us there season will be over if we knock them off.

Minn has a big game this week W. Mich will give them all they want

We stopped Kolter, we can stop Gray. He's not nearly as good a passer, and not a better runner.

That seems a little drastic. Even at 3-4, we would have an outside shot at a bowl. It wouldn't be a good sign, but to say that we have to win the next 5 or we're sunk is a bit melodramatic.

So you think if we go 3-2 against SB, Minny, Pitt, RU, and UConn all teams that we are better than that we will go 3-2 going to USF, to Cincy, Louisville, to Mizzou, and Temple? The five game stretch to end the year is a lot harder than the next 5 game stretch. If we cannot handle teams that we are better than, we won't do better against teams that we are not better than. We need at least 4 out of the next 5 to make a Bowl. Really no excuse to not get 5 Ws. Those teams all stink.

We will lose another that we should not and beat a couple teams that people feel we will struggle against, Lville, Cinci or Mizzu. 8-4. But What do I know, I am just having fun watching the team again, that is all I ask at this point. Great game Saturday

I think that if we play the next 5 games at the same level on offense, the only thing that beats us is gift Tds or special teams mistakes. keep the TO's to less than two and we should score 30+.

I dont think the D is going to shut down anyone so they need to make the teams score with drives and not just quick plays, and no more short field TD's .

5 solid efforts would be 5 wins. the offense has had 6 solid quarters. The D has had two. we need at least one solid half out the D every game

I think that if we play the next 5 games at the same level on offense, the only thing that beats us is gift Tds or special teams mistakes. keep the TO's to less than two and we should score 30+.

I dont think the D is going to shut down anyone so they need to make the teams score with drives and not just quick plays, and no more short field TD's .

5 solid efforts would be 5 wins. the offense has had 6 solid quarters. The D has had two. we need at least one solid half out the D every game
I think the D is going to be fine. They actually played pretty well against NW and USC's offense is basically full of NFL players, not just Barkley, Lee and Woods. The TE, one or both RBs and a couple of OL, so you can't really get a good read on them from Saturday. Clearly, we don't have Bama's D, but it's probably a middle of the road D1 defense.

Our biggest problem will be STs and mistakes on offense. As long as we don't combine them again like the NW game, I think we will be fine the rest of the way. A big IF, however, is that the coaches need to let the offense play balls-out, pass-first, up-tempo. If we go into the cocoon we've seen the last few seasons, we will continue to struggle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom