Time Warner stress... | Syracusefan.com

Time Warner stress...

njcuse

Scout Team
The Sunday game, Time Warner showed a replay of the Adrian game rather than the current KST game. Maybe it was some kind of contract issue. But who in the world was going to watch a replay of the Adrian game? Fortunately, I was able to catch the whole game on ESPN3. Yesterday, they have a soccer game all but washing out the first half of the SU game. Yes, they switched the game to another channel, but without help from the chatroom, I would have wasted valuable time trying to figure out the NYC channel for ESPNews. Thanks again Rick. Only missed the first four minutes. All of this was frustrating, but on the other hand, just a very few seasons ago, I would not have seen any of these early games. The Cal game would have been the first TV game for me. Fortunately, the 2K games at MSG offer my first opportunity to see this team live and in person. I will be recording the games also. Love to re-watch games I've seen live, at least when we win. Get to see a bunch of details one misses when watching live.

tw didnt switch the game yesterday, ESPN did. they didnt have much they could do about the NCAA soccer game running long.

espnu ran a message on bottom of the screen saying game had been switched to espnnews not sure what else they could do. I don't like twc either but this was not their fault.

espnu ran a message on bottom of the screen saying game had been switched to espnnews not sure what else they could do. I don't like twc either but this was not their fault.

It's really not as much fun unless you can blame someone or, in this case, some company for something that's totally not their fault.

The Sunday game, Time Warner showed a replay of the Adrian game rather than the current KST game. Maybe it was some kind of contract issue. But who in the world was going to watch a replay of the Adrian game? Fortunately, I was able to catch the whole game on ESPN3. Yesterday, they have a soccer game all but washing out the first half of the SU game. Yes, they switched the game to another channel, but without help from the chatroom, I would have wasted valuable time trying to figure out the NYC channel for ESPNews. Thanks again Rick. Only missed the first four minutes. All of this was frustrating, but on the other hand, just a very few seasons ago, I would not have seen any of these early games. The Cal game would have been the first TV game for me. Fortunately, the 2K games at MSG offer my first opportunity to see this team live and in person. I will be recording the games also. Love to re-watch games I've seen live, at least when we win. Get to see a bunch of details one misses when watching live.

Don't worry, be happy.

If you have TW Cable...order a Roku3. Stream the ESPN3 broadcast to your TV. It is a lot easy than it sounds. This is one product (Roku3) waaaaaaaaaay better than the Apple product.

tw didnt switch the game yesterday, ESPN did. they didnt have much they could do about the NCAA soccer game running long.
Okay, the choice fell on ESPN and they did adapt. I've had some recent problems with TWC. Upgraded my system and spent hours on the phone working out a deal with TWC, based on my recent access to Fios, which finally gave me an alternative. They installed the updated system and then came back and tell me the deal wasn't approved and I would have to pay some $50 more a month than the agreement. After a previous ten hours on the phone over three days, it took another three hours on the phone to convince them they had to meet the terms of the previous agreement. I will say I am very happy with my new TW setup. I can record more shows on my main deck and play back everything on my two secondary decks, plus I gained access to more channels, including Showtime and other movie channels, all for a much better price than I was paying before. In any event, I am so happy that the combination of computer access and changing TV scheduling has allowed me to watch all the early season games that I never would see just a very few season ago. Also looking forward to going to MSG Thursday and Friday for live look at SU.

Don't worry, be happy.

If you have TW Cable...order a Roku3. Stream the ESPN3 broadcast to your TV. It is a lot easy than it sounds. This is one product (Roku3) waaaaaaaaaay better than the Apple product.
I have this thing about not having any boxes or wires near my TVs. Would this Roku3 involve the necessity of having either a box or wires visible, or is it all wireless and through the router?

I have this thing about not having any boxes or wires near my TVs. Would this Roku3 involve the necessity of having either a box or wires visible, or is it all wireless and through the router?
The Roku3 box can be mounted on the back of your TV. It literally is like 2.5" x 2.5" x 1". You can buy a mount for $10 or just use Velcro as an alternative. If you do this the box will be hidden behind the TV. And yes, the remote will still work if you aim a tad high and bounce the signal.

The unit still has a power supply (I think you can power with a USB or a normal adapter) and an output cable (HDMI, etc...). The HDMI cable should be hidden behind the TV but the power supply could be an issue for you.

The Roku3 does receive your Internet signal wirelessly but it is wired into your TV via (usually with) HDMI...it does need power.

Ultimately if that is too many wires you should investigate using the Roku Stick instead.

Last edited:
The Roku3 box can be mounted on the back of your TV. It literally is like 2.5" x 2.5" x 1". You can buy a mount for $10 or just use Velcro as an alternative. If you do this the box will be hidden behind the TV. And yes, the remote will still work if you aim a tad high and bounce the signal.

The unit still has a power supply (I think you can power with a USB or a normal adapter) and an output cable (HDMI, etc...). The HDMI cable should be hidden behind the TV but the power supply could be an issue for you.

The Roku3 does receive your Internet signal wirelessly but it is wired into your TV via (usually with) HDMI...it does need power.

Ultimately if that is too many wires you should investigate using the Roku Stick instead.

All of my TVs are flat screens mounted on the wall; there is no behind the TV.

When I moved into the apartment, I payed a pretty penny to run all of the wires through the walls and ceilings to a single location holding all of the decks unseen in one piece of furniture.

Maybe try a Roku Stick...I don't know anything about them. Maybe someone else can help out from here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom