Tiny bit of info | Syracusefan.com

Tiny bit of info

cuseclappy

Winner 2016 SU Football Season Prediction Contest
two tiny bits of info I received I decided to pass along, due to some info from workouts that are currently going on

do not count out hunt in the qb race. drew has the physical traits, but according to my person hasnt thrown overly well yet. still likely to be the starter come aug 31 but hunt is keeping it close.

most impressive freshman in the work outs so far have been estime and corey winfield

thats all i have, but hey its something ;)

Trejo isn't here yet...
you are correct, i was told a 6'6 260 juco de so thats who i assumed he met.. is there someone im forgetting?

That's actually great to hear. I think it would be ideal for Allen--a kid who has played against top flight competition in practice every day at Oklahoma--to seize the reins this year, which would give Hunt another full year to really get established.

That he is keeping it close is a testimony to his athleticism, and a great sign for the future [which by the sound of things, might get an "early" start this year]. Regardless of whether he beats out Allen or not this year, I think with another year under his belt, Hunt is going to be a solid starter for us the following two years.

Thanks for the tidbits.

two tiny bits of info I received I decided to pass along, due to some info from workouts that are currently going on

do not count out hunt in the qb race. drew has the physical traits, but according to my person hasnt thrown overly well yet. still likely to be the starter come aug 31 but hunt is keeping it close.

most impressive freshman in the work outs so far have been estime and corey winfield

thats all i have, but hey its something ;)
Thanks. Good stuff. I'm guessing we're going to see Estime on specials this year returning punts or kicks. He could just be the first SU player to touch the ball this season.

Was Trejo supposed to be in house already?

Brisly Estime is my favorite player on this team. I think he has insane talent and am happy he was able to get the academics sorted out which allowed him to qualify. I think he makes an impact day 1. His gold teeth are awesome too.

I was there. Great performance by the Orange, beating Ron Dayne and company.
Me too. I sat right behind Dayne's high school teachers and family--thankfully a fact they told me before the game. I was grateful not to have said anything awful about a kid who sounded like a pretty nice guy. Also grateful that the years have matured me a bit. ;)

Me too. I sat right behind Dayne's high school teachers and family--thankfully a fact they told me before the game. I was grateful not to have said anything awful about a kid who sounded like a pretty nice guy. Also grateful that the years have matured me a bit. ;)

I remember Kevin Johnson having a big game; am I right on that? :)

I've heard twice now that Hunt is having a great camp, going to be fun to see how this shakes out. Hunt is quick, but not fast. Drew throws a better ball and is more mature fundamentally.

Either way, there will be a lot of slot WR dumpoffs this year. ;)

I have had the feeling since after the Spring Game that Hunt will be our quarterback vs Penn St. I also feel Estime will get some PT in the slot this season. You can't teach quickness, and if he has the playbook down will be tough to keep off the field.

I have had the feeling since after the Spring Game that Hunt will be our quarterback vs Penn St. I also feel Estime will get some PT in the slot this season. You can't teach quickness, and if he has the playbook down will be tough to keep off the field.

I just can't envision that. Allen is going to be tough to beat out.

When its all said and done and Allen settles in hell be given first crack to start... Pumped about estime he's got that speed that we've been missing for years prob makes kobena look slow

Truthfully, if they're close, i hope Hunt wins the job, so we don't have to start again w/ a new QB the following year.
It worked out ok when Kevin Mason was the bridge from Graves to McNabb.

Brisly Estime is my favorite player on this team. I think he has insane talent and am happy he was able to get the academics sorted out which allowed him to qualify. I think he makes an impact day 1. His gold teeth are awesome too.
now he needs to grow some dreads. He will be perfect then. I love south florida players. straight ballers