TMZ reporting Kobe killed in copter crash | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

TMZ reporting Kobe killed in copter crash

Thanks for ruining that feel good moment. :)
You can thank Hayward for that. He's kind of like that. Besides not thanking Jazz ownership for seven years of support, a better one is the reveal of their 3rd child. 1st two were girls. They did the reveal and it was a 3rd girl. GH didn't even hide his displeasure that it wasn't a boy. I wonder if he still feels that way this week.

You can thank Hayward for that. He's kind of like that. Besides not thanking Jazz ownership for seven years of support, a better one is the reveal of their 3rd child. 1st two were girls. They did the reveal and it was a 3rd girl. GH didn't even hide his displeasure that it wasn't a boy. I wonder if he still feels that way this week.

I can understand that in the moment. Obviously everyone will be happy to have a healthy child regardless but I have friends who have ended up having additional children they did not originally plan on having in an effort to mix up the sexes and ended up with 3 girls and the other with 3 boys. They were disappointed in the outcome as well but not like they aren't going to love the child as much as the others. I think that's a natural way to feel in that moment and not something to judge someone on.

What are you talking about?
"The Jazz organization, and everyone there who’s played a part over the course of my career in Utah … more than anything else, they’re the people who make this decision so difficult. Steve Stark, and the entire Miller family — they’re first-class in everything they do. Dennis Lindsey — if there’s anyone who’s most responsible for the winning culture in Salt Lake, it’s him. I really could just go on here, naming people, forever.

I was literally the last Jazz player left who played under Coach Sloan — and I always took that as a lot more than just some piece of trivia. That was something that truly made me feel like a part of the fabric of this franchise. And that fabric is something that has meant a lot to me, ever since."

And maybe he wanted to give Kobe all of the credit instead of any of the story being about him by saying he had no doubt that the free throw was going in.

He kind of has to say that .. otherwise it looks like he’s disrespecting Kobe .. athletes do things like this all the time but will never admit it (strahan sack record anyone ?)

What are you talking about?
"The Jazz organization, and everyone there who’s played a part over the course of my career in Utah … more than anything else, they’re the people who make this decision so difficult. Steve Stark, and the entire Miller family — they’re first-class in everything they do. Dennis Lindsey — if there’s anyone who’s most responsible for the winning culture in Salt Lake, it’s him. I really could just go on here, naming people, forever.

I was literally the last Jazz player left who played under Coach Sloan — and I always took that as a lot more than just some piece of trivia. That was something that truly made me feel like a part of the fabric of this franchise. And that fabric is something that has meant a lot to me, ever since."

And maybe he wanted to give Kobe all of the credit instead of any of the story being about him by saying he had no doubt that the free throw was going in.
I'll rephrase my comment. He never personally called Jazz ownership to thank them. Instead he wrote a generic internet blah blah blah and briefly mentioned them along with the coach, the GM, the president of the team, the fans, the city, one former teammate and so forth. He wrote more about the strength coach than he did about Gail Miller. It's splitting hairs but after seven years he could have made it more personal.

He kind of has to say that .. otherwise it looks like he’s disrespecting Kobe .. athletes do things like this all the time but will never admit it (strahan sack record anyone ?)
He was definitely a huge fan of Kobe. No question about it.

I'm in no way an expert, but I was wondering the same. The reports said that seconds before the chopper went down, it climbed at a very high rate before plummeting. My uninformed opinion was that it was an "oh s---" moment by the pilot, realizing that he was too low and there was a mountain in front of him. He pulled up but the quick ascent caused the chopper to stall or make an erratic maneuver that caused it to go down. Just so tragic, regardless.
My first thought was a stall also. Usually with a stall or engine blowout, if you act quickly you can maintain enough control to lower the copter down without a big crash. This could be an issue where there was a stall that the pilot either didn't realize (like the Air France crash 8 years ago), or couldn't get control of the helicopter after it happened. That is the only way I can think of them dropping at a high speed and slamming into the hillside at 170mph.

Was a great segment on tnt with the inside the nba guys plus wade, miller, and west.

Shaq and Jerry definitely shaken up.

He talked about that in a Pardon My Take interview. His reaction had nothing to do with the gender of his baby. It had to do with his annoyance that his wife was making him do a dumb gender reveal video.

He also didn’t really owe the Jazz anything. They signed him, profited off him and then he decided to take a job with a different team. They didn’t do him any favors, he didn’t do them any favors.

He talked about that in a Pardon My Take interview. His reaction had nothing to do with the gender of his baby. It had to do with his annoyance that his wife was making him do a dumb gender reveal video.

He also didn’t really owe the Jazz anything. They signed him, profited off him and then he decided to take a job with a different team. They didn’t do him any favors, he didn’t do them any favors.
No, but obviously he wasn't raised to be a mensch. He could of taken the high road but instead chose to take the easy road. Jazz fans don't care anymore. They have a better team than the Celtics and rumors are out there that GH might be traded before the deadline.

The Washington Post and that reporter obsessed with bringing up the 2003 incident as a black mark on Kobe’s life while his body is still warm is sick. Kobe just died.

Felicia Somnez and the Washington Post are disgusting.
It’s pathetic. It really pisses me off.

No, but obviously he wasn't raised to be a mensch. He could of taken the high road but instead chose to take the easy road. Jazz fans don't care anymore. They have a better team than the Celtics and rumors are out there that GH might be traded before the deadline.

Injuries really derailed his time with the Celtics, unfortunately.

He’s big into video games and appears to be a very introverted guy. Doesn’t talk much publicly. I guess I’d see myself doing the same thing in his shoes, so I don’t take issue with just saying goodbye and moving on to the next thing.

The Washington Post and that reporter obsessed with bringing up the 2003 incident as a black mark on Kobe’s life while his body is still warm is sick. Kobe just died.

Felicia Somnez and the Washington Post are disgusting.
It’s pathetic. It really pisses me off.

I thought the Post suspended her right away and issued a statement that her tweet was inappropriate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom