TNIAAM on the Arkansas mess... | Syracusefan.com

TNIAAM on the Arkansas mess...

He's awesome. Another classic. And YES, SETH DAVIS IS A DOUCHEBAG!!!!

I don't know all the ins and outs, so correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we owe someone a road game? So shouldn't we not have scheduled something that could theoretically conflict with the road game we owe?

Of course the BE wants us to play the road game but won't give Pitt the home game they're owed, which is messed up.

I don't know all the ins and outs, so correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we owe someone a road game? So shouldn't we not have scheduled something that could theoretically conflict with the road game we owe?

Of course the BE wants us to play the road game but won't give Pitt the home game they're owed, which is messed up.

My impression is that the biggest issue was the lack of communication. The Big East basically announced a game for us without even asking to see what our schedule looked like. Kind of like when my wife makes plans without even asking if I had anything going on.

I can't wait to see our conference schedule this year.

My guess is we'll have plenty of @ Notre Dame on Saturday and @ Lousiville on Monday type weekends.

If there was no communication, then the school shouldn't assume anything and should have blocked out the appropriate dates.

If there was communication, and they were implicitly or explicitly told they would not participate, Gross should have cited that in his missive.

This is probably the basis of the Missouri leak that we were playing (hoops) in Columbia this coming season. The SEC assumed that the BE would go for 14 games, and they assured the Tigers that we would be their match.

You might just be right. Pissing off TGD may not have long term repercussions, but pissing off Mike Slive could end up costing NNBE football later on...as in scheduling, perhaps? I can see Slive advising his AD's not to schedule any BE teams in football, not that they would anyway.

If there was no communication, then the school shouldn't assume anything and should have blocked out the appropriate dates.

If there was communication, and they were implicitly or explicitly told they would not participate, Gross should have cited that in his missive.

There isn't a single date it is flexible and usually over at least 4-5 days. So you are saying SU should have blocked out a week period for the SEC-Big East Challenge!? The Big East should have contacted SU and said you are going to be playing at Arkansas one of these days what does your schedule look like?

There isn't a single date it is flexible and usually over at least 4-5 days. So you are saying SU should have blocked out a week period for the SEC-Big East Challenge!? The Big East should have contacted SU and said you are going to be playing at Arkansas one of these days what does your schedule look like?

Yes. Unless, as I said, they were given specific information to the contrary. In which case, Gross should cite that as opposed to remaining incredibly vague. "Lack of communication" is not enough imo.

"Big East commissioner Dan Gavitt said earlier Thursday that the conference tells the teams that they have to protect dates but assume the team isn't guaranteed a game or a home or road opponent."

Of course!

The dispute is absurd.
Once again SU looks foolish.
Someone should tell our AD that is not a good image to have if you care about being thought of in high esteem.

We still owe Arkansas a beating for 1994.
Now find a way to play this game and win one for Lawrence Moten.

Of course!

The dispute is absurd.
Once again SU looks foolish.
Someone should tell our AD that is not a good image to have if you care about being thought of in high esteem.

swing and a miss again Col. What the AD is upset about is that the Big East released what he thought was confidential communication between him and the league.

It was 1995. We lost to Mizzou in 1994.

swing and a miss again Col. What the AD is upset about is that the Big East released what he thought was confidential communication between him and the league.

Are you saying that Gross is upset b/c his "reply all" was leaked?

Operative words here: "he THOUGHT".
Unfortunately, that does not appear to be our AD's strong suit.

It was 1995. We lost to Mizzou in 1994.
Yes, thank you.
I must be trying to push it back in time.
But it won't work.
Nothing can erase the vision of that timeout call.

When they make a movie about this break-up will Glenn Close get to play the Big East character?

I can't wait to see our conference schedule this year.

My guess is we'll have plenty of @ Notre Dame on Saturday and @ Lousiville on Monday type weekends.
Didn't you know. They are giving SU & Pitt 18 away games. They are calling it their farewell tour and since they are leaving for the 13-14 season, they have to get all the visits in in one year. They are considering making the usual 3 home and home games a neutral-home series. And since all but a few of the schools are inside the SU sphere of influnce (accoding to ESPN) then it doesn't matter anyways as those game will be like home games anyways.

Didn't you know. They are giving SU & Pitt 18 away games. They are calling it their farewell tour and since they are leaving for the 13-14 season, they have to get all the visits in in one year. They are considering making the usual 3 home and home games a neutral-home series. And since all but a few of the schools are inside the SU sphere of influnce (accoding to ESPN) then it doesn't matter anyways as those game will be like home games anyways.
Never happen the leeches couldn't agree to whom gets Cuse for the coveted Saturday slots...you know to fill their arenas with Orange visitors and get on the ESPN.