To all on the eastern seaboard | Syracusefan.com

To all on the eastern seaboard

...and our friends and families all the way to the Great Lakes...an amazing and forceful storm...take care! The 'Cuse family is with you.

I second this. Sandy is one dirty bitch. We are getting rid of her one bucket at a time. It is not the absolute force of the wind but the length of time in the wind field. you can bend a credit card in half and nothing happens. Bending it for 36 hours is another thing. Stay home and don't stay alone.

Good Luck

Yep as being right in CUSE as well, east syracuse to be more specific, I've heard anywhere from a couple inches to a foot if rain... And wind up 75 mph.

And for anyone right here in CUSE as well did you see the sky turn bright orange? Probably half hour ago?

Hey... am I the only one here who lives in a "mandatory evacuation" zone? Crazy part is ... I live on the only hill in the zone, so there is an asterisk around my street. This means I am deemed to be not in danger of flooding ... but in danger of "isolation" if the roads below are impassable and closed. So I am not leaving. Instead, I have become a "shelter" for some friends who DO have to evacuate because the encroaching water has already almost reached their house near the beach in Rowayton.

Who's up for a "ride the storm out" tailgate? Fine Lot at 5pm? Who's with me? :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Hey... am I the only one here who lives in a "mandatory evacuation" zone? Crazy part is ... I live on the only hill in the zone, so there is an asterisk around my street. This means I am deemed to be not in danger of flooding ... but in danger of "isolation" if the roads below are impassable and closed. So I am not leaving. Instead, I have become a "shelter" for some friends who DO have to evacuate because the encroaching water has already almost reached their house near the beach in Rowayton.
Ocean City Md,
3910_10151226377889539_1061897085_n.jpg

Its starting to get pretty nasty on LI. Lights flickering, lost power for a few seconds and the storm isnt even technically here yet.

heard 'Cuse closing today and tomorrow..what is status of football practice...afterall we must beat Cincy! Stay safe everyone...its 71 degrees and sunny in south Florida and we still have winds from Sandy...it is a monster storm.

pfft. I have a tee time for 11:30 tomorrow morning. Sallys

Just heard from my son who lives on the lower east side of Manhattan (6th floor) and he said the wind is "nasty" and that the worse thing is hearing stuff flying off the buildings. I went to check TWC and they said there were gusts up to 90mph. Hope it's too high an estimate. Scary stuff. To my son and all NYC, NJ and Philly inhabitants please stay safe.

Just heard from my son who lives on the lower east side of Manhattan (6th floor) and he said the wind is "nasty" and that the worse thing is hearing stuff flying off the buildings. I went to check TWC and they said there were gusts up to 90mph. Hope it's too high an estimate. Scary stuff. To my son and all NYC, NJ and Philly inhabitants please stay safe.

Sustained winds of 90 mph in some spots. Gusts up to 115 mph.

Its bad. I remember Irene and this thing is already worse and it hasnt even hit yet.

Sustained winds of 90 mph in some spots. Gusts up to 115 mph.

Winds are AWAYS at least 30mph higher at 300ft above the ground than ground level because of the lack of friction with ground plus when you add in the tunneling effect from the buildings themselves mid-town Manhattan is not the place to be.

heard 'Cuse closing today and tomorrow..what is status of football practice...afterall we must beat Cincy! Stay safe everyone...its 71 degrees and sunny in south Florida and we still have winds from Sandy...it is a monster storm.
Brian Kelly says practice must go on, as usual.

Sandy blowing more guys on the Jersey Shore then Snookie ever did.

Joyce, let us know if you need a chopper to drop supplies...stay safe...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom