To anyone else on Delta 7300 to Durham today,,What an adventure | Syracusefan.com

To anyone else on Delta 7300 to Durham today,,What an adventure

cto

Administrator
I assume others here were on the flight because the gate area at LaGuardia was full of folks wearing SU gear. Or should I say the "gates" area. The gate was changed 10 times....and the Terminal was changed four times. All we did was run back and forth. After a two-hour delay (announced to us in 15-minute in elements)we finally left the gate two hours late -- only to sit on the Tarmac because the airport was "too crowded" for us to back up. when we finally got airborne the captain never turned off the seat belt sign because of turbulence, and even the flight attendants had to remain seated. And final approach was so rocky that the captain came on the PA system and said "that little massage at end was a bonus; there's no extra charge for it."

It's amazing what a little fog can do to LaGuardia airport On the other hand, if they removed the piles of snow from alongside runways, maybe the warm air would not have created the fog

Whatever...let the game begin!

I fly all the time and avoid LaGuardia LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! Nothing good ever comes from flying into or out of LaGuardia, especially on a Friday. ;)

Sorry to hear that. Actually grew up not far from LGA. Can't stand flying in and out of JFK but then again, getting to LGA was so easy for us living close by. Either way, enjoy the game and LGO! Have a great time.

I'm glad you got out. I was wondering. I actually checked the NYC weather and the FAA.gov site for flight delays to try to see if you got out. And a free massage on top of it all!!
Donna Ditola tweeted a bit ago that her flight was cancelled and there are a lot of angry SU fans at the SU airport.

I assume others here were on the flight because the gate area at LaGuardia was full of folks wearing SU gear.

I'm sure the game will be rocky with a lot of turbulence as well

I hope all the SU fans that are lucky enough to get into Cameron tomorrow rock that place to the core. Give the crazies all they can handle.

LGO!!!!!
Hopefully CTO picked up a few of these for the Battle of Durham.

516ETXD-RlL.jpg

Donna's 2nd flight cancelled. Team is on their way.

tee1222 said:
Sorry to hear that. Actually grew up not far from LGA. Can't stand flying in and out of JFK but then again, getting to LGA was so easy for us living close by. Either way, enjoy the game and LGO! Have a great time.

I know I'm in the minority, but I love flying out of JFK. I've always loved looking at planes and seeing the 747's and all the different airlines that you see there. Heathrow is the best for that because you get all the wacky middle eastern airlines that can't fly here. So strange seeing flights to Tehran and Damascus.

I assume others here were on the flight because the gate area at LaGuardia was full of folks wearing SU gear. Or should I say the "gates" area. The gate was changed 10 times...and the Terminal was changed four times. All we did was run back and forth. After a two-hour delay (announced to us in 15-minute in elements)we finally left the gate two hours late -- only to sit on the Tarmac because the airport was "too crowded" for us to back up. when we finally got airborne the captain never turned off the seat belt sign because of turbulence, and even the flight attendants had to remain seated. And final approach was so rocky that the captain came on the PA system and said "that little massage at end was a bonus; there's no extra charge for it."

It's amazing what a little fog can do to LaGuardia airport On the other hand, if they removed the piles of snow from alongside runways, maybe the warm air would not have created the fog

There goes the chat room tomorrow night

I hope all the SU fans that are lucky enough to get into Cameron tomorrow rock that place to the core. Give the crazies all they can handle.

LGO!!!!!
You mean all 75 plus assorted millionaires?

I assume others here were on the flight because the gate area at LaGuardia was full of folks wearing SU gear. Or should I say the "gates" area. The gate was changed 10 times...and the Terminal was changed four times. All we did was run back and forth. After a two-hour delay (announced to us in 15-minute in elements)we finally left the gate two hours late -- only to sit on the Tarmac because the airport was "too crowded" for us to back up. when we finally got airborne the captain never turned off the seat belt sign because of turbulence, and even the flight attendants had to remain seated. And final approach was so rocky that the captain came on the PA system and said "that little massage at end was a bonus; there's no extra charge for it."

Now I understand why God created television.

Still don't understand why Dick Vitale was necessary though.

I'm glad you got out. I was wondering. I actually checked the NYC weather and the FAA.gov site for flight delays to try to see if you got out. And a free massage on top of it all!!
Donna Ditola tweeted a bit ago that her flight was cancelled and there are a lot of angry SU fans at the SU airport.

Severe Thunderstorms and tornado warnings on the east coast.

These are cto problems

The newer delta terminal at lga isnt so bad.

Yikes, because most importantly, I guess that also meant no beverage cart??!!

So driving around today there is no bar near Cameron so don't think there is a watering hole near the stadium for opposing team fans. Parking is even worse than SU (imagine that but dealing with 1/3 less people might not be so bad) but quite warm enough for the hike. Saw the Cameron crazies campers for the game all lined up outside. Gotta get to the circuit or science parking lots early but no where to go to hang out after parking early unless someone knows of a good location to hang out would be great. Don't think the Duke country club watering hole next to the stadium would be wise to hang wearing orange. LGO.

First world problems...

Last Saturday I had pleasure of spending 8 hrs at Laguardia

Dear lord! I fly all the time, but nervously. I can never fall asleep on a plane because I am convinced that my alertness is the only thing keeping the plane in the air.

It is a shame you are on campus in the winter, because the Duke Gardens is one of the most beautiful places on earth. If tomorrow is pleasant, it may still be worth a wander. We used to live 2 miles from the Gardens. (sigh)